DJI fly App VR mode
7791 10 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mclingo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, are their any plans to put a VR mode into the app, its seems such an obvious and useful thing to have for all users i'm frankly amazed it doesnt already exisit. I do get however DJI want to sell their own headsets and brighter screens but there are no options for budget users, having the app have a VR mode would open up a world of possibilities for everyone.

I wouldnt even mind paying a few quid for a pro version of the DJI app with this onbaord.
2021-9-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What other uses have you thought of the glasses ...?  

"VR mode" doesn't say too much...
... e.g. to use games with it ...?
2021-9-2
Use props
mclingo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, to clarify, this app is pretty much unusable in any sort of daylight, even using a hood as most mobile phones can only output 4-500 nits full screen if you are lucky. This renders this app almost completely unusable and so all budget users who cannot afford to effectively spent the same money again buying either a really bright dedicated screen or one of own screen handsets is pretty much stuck.  So lots of people have been looking for a way to get the fly app working with a cheap passive VR headset you can put your mobile phone into.

This will 1. make the picture much larger and 2. eliminate sunlight. For this to work the DJI fly app must output to screen in SBS (side by side like a 3D TV) mode, this should be extremely easy to implement which is why i'm not sure why its not already a feature.
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mclingo. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department. In addition, as of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future updates for the DJI Fly application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-9-2
Use props
mclingo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thank you for your prompt response.
2021-9-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

mclingo Posted at 9-2 08:11
Hi, to clarify, this app is pretty much unusable in any sort of daylight, even using a hood as most mobile phones can only output 4-500 nits full screen if you are lucky. This renders this app almost completely unusable and so all budget users who cannot afford to effectively spent the same money again buying either a really bright dedicated screen or one of own screen handsets is pretty much stuck.  So lots of people have been looking for a way to get the fly app working with a cheap passive VR headset you can put your mobile phone into.

This will 1. make the picture much larger and 2. eliminate sunlight. For this to work the DJI fly app must output to screen in SBS (side by side like a 3D TV) mode, this should be extremely easy to implement which is why i'm not sure why its not already a feature.

Ah, now I understood!

For this reason I bought a Smart Controller some time ago, because otherwise it is not fun to fly a drone in bright sunshine .....

2021-9-3
Use props
mclingo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

indeed but if you are buying one of the cheaper drones as you are on a budget you're are not going to want to spent the same money again just to be able to see a screen.
2021-9-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

mclingo Posted at 9-3 09:43
indeed but if you are buying one of the cheaper drones as you are on a budget you're are not going to want to spent the same money again just to be able to see a screen.

... maybe you are right...     
2021-9-9
Use props
mclingo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i'm working on modding a cheap VR handset but removing the two lens and inserting a single fresnel lens, i'll let you know how this pans out. You can actually buy one of these but £130 seems way too expensive for this, where you can mode a headset for about £15
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_yX2O2TgrlThJ
New
United Kingdom

You could always buy Litchi App and just use smartphone and VR Gogges
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_NUP1dMvbhe1B
New

United States

I spent the $25 and bought the litchi app and it is very easy to get the inexpensive vr to work. Just remember you are limited to a mediocre image quality but it does work well
2022-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules