Need help getting my Mavic back!!!
746 8 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rgnZciUMTw45
lvl.1

Ireland

Hello, so 4 days ago I was flying my mavic pro platinum drone for about 10th time, in around 19th minute into the flight my gps got disconnected (no signal, no satelites) and went into ATTI mode and started drifting away with the wind, i was trying to locate the home point but i was very disoriented because of panic and my drone ran out of battery and did an emergency landing somewhere not much far from me, I was trying to find it for the last 4 days but no luck, i was thinking if maybe it is possible to calculate the location based on the stick movement and speed in the flight log, I would really appreciate any help as I dont know anymore what to do

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1IT5XB1QWTNUW0LHHQA9/
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. DJI will perform a data analysis service for products under warranty to determine the cause of the accident and provide the proper resolution. If it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry your loss and thank you.
2021-9-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's quite difficult to get anything really useful from your flight data.
Here's the best I can come up with.

At 17:25.3 your GPS reception dropped out completely.
The GPS receiver had no GPS signal at all after that.
The position data stops updating from then on.
Speed data relies on GPS, so there is no speed data after GPS was lost.

We can see that you were 2213 ft from home and high enough to clear any obstacles in the vicinity.
The drone was flying SW but and after a little wandering around, you were flying mostly south until 20:20 when you started wandering E and NE.

Flying at full speed for that time the drone would have covered nearly 3000 metres, which would have taken it well south of where you were.
The drone is likely to have ended up somewhere in the vicinity of Dungarvan Golf Course, but could be a bit east or west of there.
The flight data doesn't show any landing as signal was lost when the drone would have been approx 880 ft higher than the ground below it.

In the attached map, the vertical line shows a southerly path for 3000 metres from where signal was lost.
The drone would have ended up somewhere a little north of the end of the line, but it's not possible to tell how far east or west of the line it would be.
Sorry, but that's all that can be calculated with any certainty.

Ei-1.jpg
2021-9-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 9-2 21:29
It's quite difficult to get anything really useful from your flight data.
Here's the best I can come up with.

Thanks Labroides for making the effort to analyse my flight data.
I really appreciate it.
2021-9-3
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-3 19:45
Thanks Labroides for making the effort to analyse my flight data.
I really appreciate it.

Eh up Labroides,  we'll said, I can't give expert advice, but when I respond to someone I never get a response, really pees me off. Common courtesy out the window.
2021-9-5
Use props
djiuser_rgnZciUMTw45
lvl.1

Ireland

Sorry I havent replied because I havent visited the forum since last time, thank you for spending your time to help me but I was lucky enough to find it by near petrol station.
2021-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_rgnZciUMTw45 Posted at 9-15 14:01
Sorry I havent replied because I havent visited the forum since last time, thank you for spending your time to help me but I was lucky enough to find it by near petrol station.

So that was the Esso, close to where the yellow line crosses the N25.
Good result
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_rgnZciUMTw45
lvl.1

Ireland

Yeah it was lying on a grass just on the opposite side of Esso
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_rgnZciUMTw45
lvl.1

Ireland

And I dont know how it happened mid flight but my gps module cables were ripped off when I opened the drone to check it
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules