New FPV shell cracks.
1499 18 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829820 ft
Ukraine

I have 2 FPVs now. 1 was bought in the beginning of 2021 (manufactured in 2020), the other one bought today...

The new FPV has transparent shell cracked around the bolts on both sides. This is very disappointing. How can this make it past quality inspection DJI?

Cracks off factory

Cracks off factory

Cracks off factory

Cracks off factory
2021-9-2
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

Did you buy a refurbished?.......thats kind of what mine looked like when it hit the ceiling wide open.....
2021-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Ukraine

coyotejuice Posted at 9-2 14:08
Did you buy a refurbished?.......thats kind of what mine looked like when it hit the ceiling wide open.....

I am not sure how to tell, but it supposed to be new, fresh off the factory.
It does not have any damage marks or anything on this transparent shield... it looks like bad plastic and too much force screwing in the bolts on assembly.

2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble. If you just purchase this unit brand new on our website, you may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to process a replacement case for you. Thank you for your understanding and support!  
2021-9-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely a manufacturing defect.  In the quantity that DJI produces these drones a few will always slip through a Quality Control check.  It's very unfortunate.  Hopefully, DJI will get your a replacement drone soonest.
2021-9-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just one question to understand:

Why do you need 2 DJI FPV drones at the same time ...?

2021-9-3
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

frankymusik Posted at 9-3 08:34
Just one question to understand:

if You fly semi-commercial, then You can not go with only 1 drone...
if something happens, whole day/trip/set is wasted if You can not fly
ussualy ppl take 1-2 spare drones (depends from risk You take, I know some who take more)
+ some emergency different system (like normal drone mavic/phantom) as last resort
and pros I would say build own platforms or use higher raned toys
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Ukraine

frankymusik Posted at 9-3 08:34
Just one question to understand:

Family?
We have FPV for fun and Mavic 2 Pro fleet for work.
2021-9-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

KREMi Posted at 9-3 09:17
if You fly semi-commercial, then You can not go with only 1 drone...
if something happens, whole day/trip/set is wasted if You can not fly
ussualy ppl take 1-2 spare drones (depends from risk You take, I know some who take more)

Understood!

I only fly as a hobbyist ...     
2021-9-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC Posted at 9-3 11:53
Family?
We have FPV for fun and Mavic 2 Pro fleet for work.

How many batteries do you use for this?

I have 5 and they are always empty so quickly ...   
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Ukraine

frankymusik Posted at 9-4 06:25
How many batteries do you use for this?

I have 5 and they are always empty so quickly ...

6 per FPV (our batteries last a while... some times up to 12-15 minutes, as we don't push the manual to the max).
Plus, I have 2 car chargers in the car constantly charging 2 banks of Fly More kit (6 batteries in total rotating).
You still charge slower than you spend flying, but you get tired of the location, drive to a new spot and that takes care of the charging before you get there.
2021-9-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC Posted at 9-4 14:58
6 per FPV (our batteries last a while... some times up to 12-15 minutes, as we don't push the manual to the max).
Plus, I have 2 car chargers in the car constantly charging 2 banks of Fly More kit (6 batteries in total rotating).
You still charge slower than you spend flying, but you get tired of the location, drive to a new spot and that takes care of the charging before you get there.

2021-9-4
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a defect on the FPV drone I bought last week much similar, but its on a piece that is easily replaceable as they give you the tool to remove it so to change to the green shell.  Unfortunately DJI want me to send my Brand new unflown drone back as they wont send me a replacement part.  My worry is that they will send me a drone back that is not mine (this is how they worked in past), a drone which is not new, has flown much more than mine.  I am very particular about this sort of thing, I am very careful and a light user of most things I buy.  The crack is just on the small gimbal frame below the screw head.

2021-9-5
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

Looks like at sometime on the assembly line, someone got an overcharged battery in their electric screwdriver !!!!
2021-9-5
Use props
djiuser_Zi1uRaR4IvQC
lvl.1
Ukraine

cootertwo Posted at 9-5 03:26
Looks like at sometime on the assembly line, someone got an overcharged battery in their electric screwdriver !!!!

Looks like someone had undercharged batteries at their QA department. ;)
2021-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Was DJI able to help ...?
2021-9-9
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-9 06:52
Was DJI able to help ...?

Update on my little crack on the little plastic fitting that goes around the Gimbal:
As suspected DJI sent me a completely different Drone back.  Yes it's now not cracked, but I have no idea how old it is, how many hours it's flew, how it was treated.  My drone had literally arrived brand new a few days and was literally un-tested.

The problem I had was that once I had asked for a new part to be sent to me my drone was now logged as faulty, so not sending it back would have meant any further issues would have been not covered as I would have refused for them to look at it.

It's fixed, but I am disappointed to receive someone else's drone back.
2021-9-16
Use props
TimboSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

HomePoint Posted at 9-16 11:26
Update on my little crack on the little plastic fitting that goes around the Gimbal:
As suspected DJI sent me a completely different Drone back.  Yes it's now not cracked, but I have no idea how old it is, how many hours it's flew, how it was treated.  My drone had literally arrived brand new a few days and was literally un-tested.

If you received a new drone and it was faulty to begin with, you SHOULD receive a new one from the factory.

2021-9-17
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TimboSlice Posted at 9-17 06:22
If you received a new drone and it was faulty to begin with, you SHOULD receive a new one from the factory.

That's not how DJI work.
The replacement drone has some stickers on it but not all and they are placed carelessly whereas a new one has stickers placed perfectly.  It's in a box with seals, but the seals are stuck over previously broken seals.  You can look around the drone and it looks good, but if you look at it long enough and carefully enough you see shadows in the plastic, possibly where it has been cleaned or buffed/repaired, sort of where they have taken the used look out of it.

As I said in my first post above, I didn't want to send it as I knew this from experience years ago.  It's horrible practice, but some people benefit, for example they guy that gets my drone is on a winner.
2021-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules