Downgrade caddx firmware
8321 20 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dzz
lvl.1

United States

I recently registered a new babyhawk with caddx and allowed it to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.0606

All my other gear is 1.0.0600 and I do not like the new video charateristics of the 606 build.

Is there a way to downgrade the caddx to 1.0.0600? I do not see any options for this available in the DJI Assistant 2 Fpv series

Video problems:
1) looks like they added a sharpen filter, video goes from blur to sharp, blur to sharp a ton when flying low and fast
600 firmware was much more kind on the eyes.
2) when high and panning there is image stretch and things go fish eye for a second until it snaps to new focused image
3) when transitioning from dark to light areas like early morning sun the light is completely white and washed out in a way it was not before
4) fast movements during freestyle can not be tracked with the eye like they used to, new things are going on

the image is sharper, but only when moving very slow, its bad for freestyle low and fast or fast movements.

I have been flying a caddx on 1.0.0600 for an hour a day since april. The new changes are disorientating and cause eye strain.
I will sell the drone before keeping it the way it is. I also have full size air units and am happy with them for over a year.

2021-9-2
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

i hope is possible for the new caddx activation. if i know this firmware was like you say, i dont change, and kepp the old firmware i looove to be possible.. and not only on the V2
2021-9-23
Use props
dzz
lvl.1

United States

I emailed caddx support and they said downgrade is not possible. They asked DJI to remove the old firmware. They claimed that no image processing changes were added, but I can see the difference. Then they said it was camera only difference which is not true, I have tested old firmware and polar camera and and its ok.

I bought a second new babyhawk and after activation I unplugged it from computer so it could not update firmware. The firmware it is currently shipping with seems to be the 0600 that I desire. Video is good, although it will not tell me firmware version in the goggles. At least it does not complain about version mismatch anyway.

I will have to sell the first drone now. Very annoying. When I spend thousands of dollars on drone gear I trust manufacturers will not use it to hold me hostage. I have now bought some Shark Byte gear which I will begin experimenting with. DJI needs competition to care about us apparently.

2021-9-23
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

is a disaster, please dji, make this downgrade possible because i spen 1500€ all ok, and one new vista made the update and obligation to update to the new firmware, is really a disaster please MADE it!
2021-9-23
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

Hello,

First of all I wanted to tell you that I am happy to have purchased the dji fpv V1. it revolutionized the FPV by receiving a great image.

anyway, but there is a catch, you just released an update to 1.0.0606, and frankly, since then it doesn't work at all like before. there is less range, the image is more pixelated, and therefore all my Quads with an air unit I put them back in 1.0.0600 and there miraculously everything works as before. but it worked just for the air units and the goggles (I have 3 air units or it was possible for the goggles also why not the vistas ?.
because for all my Caddx VISTA machines, I could not go back, the firmware of dowgrade is not available. So what happens is that I have 4 vistas and therefore 4 machines that I can not use because the update is installed and impossible to go back. (nor to buy other models because of that!)

so here is my question: you made a great product, and i'm disgusted that i can't use the vista because of a more available update. So I wish (and I'm not the only one!) to be able to go back at least for the equipment bought before the shortage of cameras and the passage to caddx for everything, that would be great!

don't you think the most important thing is the user experience?

please I beg you, make it possible to go back !! : '(

I count on you and your common sense to do what is necessary for the owners of V1 (for the v2 can be no problem ??? I doubt ..)
in any case, I would like to be able to use my equipment (not given more for me !!)

I hope to have a response from you and a positive outcome, all you have to do is make the firmware available that's all !!! what I ask you is nothing for you!

thank you for listening,
Cordially,
AureL
2021-9-23
Use props
Menglee91
New

Malaysia

Im having a similar issue like the rest of you. There is definitely something wrong with the image quality after the upgrade. It's just sad when companies do this to its consumers.
2021-11-22
Use props
Fr33man
lvl.1

Italy

I paid and I have the right to choose which firmware to use...   diocane!

I want firmware 1.0.0600 also available for caddx!
2022-1-1
Use props
Fr33man
lvl.1

Italy

Aureloctopuzzle Posted at 2021-9-23 14:10
Hello,

First of all I wanted to tell you that I am happy to have purchased the dji fpv V1. it revolutionized the FPV by receiving a great image.

you are absolutely right, i also noticed the same problem!!
2022-1-1
Use props
dzz
lvl.1

United States

I sold my brand new drone at a loss and bought another new one. I will no longer ever allow firmware upgrades on them and am warning others. Thanks...
2022-1-6
Use props
Fr33man
lvl.1

Italy

I found firmware 1.0.0600, the file is as follows: V01.00.0600_FPV_Air_Unit_Lite_dji_system.bin

how can i do now to reinstall it ?
DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) application does not allow me to install manually from external files.
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_muxuZ9iqVzu8
New

United States

Awesome could you email me a copy? Dzzie@yahoo.com

I swear I had starred a 3rd party app on GitHub which could flash dji drones but I can seem to find it right now hope they didn’t have it pulled. Sharkbyte allows firmware downloads and manual reflashing. It’s an important feature.
2022-3-1
Use props
Fr33man
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_muxuZ9iqVzu8 Posted at 3-1 06:35
Awesome could you email me a copy? Dzzie@yahoo.com

I swear I had starred a 3rd party app on GitHub which could flash dji drones but I can seem to find it right now hope they didn’t have it pulled. Sharkbyte allows firmware downloads and manual reflashing. It’s an important feature.

i send you trought wetransfer
2022-3-7
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

http://dankdronedownloader.com/D ... Other&Brand=DJI

No magic, all firmwares can be found here
2022-3-7
Use props
djiuser_muxuZ9iqVzu8
New

United States

Awesome thank you. Any public 3rd party flashing available yet?
2022-3-7
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

no 3rd party flashig aviable..
2022-5-15
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Drone hacks tool allows firmware upgrade downgrade manually https://drone-hacks.com/
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_BjTfamfY7385
New

Pakistan

i have found caddx turtle stock firmware audio enabled, if anyone need i will upload
2022-7-7
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

hello, i have a tool to downgrade the vista @ 0600. if you are interested, i send you the file. Drone hacks tool have the firmware, but no the flasher. so is impossible dowgrade the vista with drone hacks. but with butter, is possible, and i have a version with 0600 in it. so now downgrade for the vista is ok!!
2023-5-1
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Aureloctopuzzle Posted at 5-1 17:18
hello, i have a tool to downgrade the vista @ 0600. if you are interested, i send you the file. Drone hacks tool have the firmware, but no the flasher. so is impossible dowgrade the vista with drone hacks. but with butter, is possible, and i have a version with 0600 in it. so now downgrade for the vista is ok!!

I think I know you xD
2023-5-2
Use props
frommars
lvl.1

New Zealand

would DJI goggle racing edition connect to a fpv drone that has Caddx Vista Air Unit
2023-11-15
Use props
Yamax
lvl.2
New Zealand

Aureloctopuzzle Posted at 5-1 17:18

Hi mate, can you sahe that? I need to downgrade mine

Mikerossiyama@gmail.com
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules