12Next >
6942 42 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This just popped up in my Facebook feed. I ordered a set.  

https://www.masterairscrew.com/p ... e-propellers-x4-red
2021-9-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Not compatible with the Mavic Mini
2021-9-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-2 17:50
Not compatible with the Mavic Mini

So? The OP has a Mini 2.

Nevermind, you were just lamenting about not being able to put them on a Mini ;-)

2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do not recommend using a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 2 as we cannot guarantee the stability of the aircraft when in flight on these said propellers. Also, we are not liable for any problem causes by this propeller. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting how you find them as they claim - up to 3% more flight time and up to 37% less noise during flight
2021-9-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-2 18:25
So? The OP has a Mini 2.

Nevermind, you were just lamenting about not being able to put them on a Mini ;-)

People have been asking for airscrew props since the mini's release, they kept saying they were working on it so when this was posted I thought, Finally, but upon closer inspection and in Big Red Font "NOT Compatible with Mavic Mini 1" which is a shame since we've been asking for it since the launch...

Oh well.
2021-9-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ignore all the claims, they are the same results as the DJI ones, except for the pitch, a little lower but same DB
I've seen the comparison test on YT, whilst a decent company I wouldnt buy them, I would stick with DJI cause if a prop broke, you would have better standing.
2021-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have Master Airscrew props on my MA2 and they work great.  The are a bit quieter and the props are a bit more rigid and have held up very well.  Hope you get the same performance on your Mini 2.  
2021-9-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From what i have seen, they are no quieter in db levels, only in their pitch which being a little lower makes it seem like they are quieter, don't get me wrong, I would prefer that myself, anything to take the publics eyes off them, but I would never use another companies props for love nor money.
2021-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-3 05:03
I have Master Airscrew props on my MA2 and they work great.  The are a bit quieter and the props are a bit more rigid and have held up very well.  Hope you get the same performance on your Mini 2.

i have them as well and i can tell you my ma2 is all but inaudible at appreciable altitudes.  i may try this on the mini2 if i can get them over at amazon....not a fan of dealing with the company directly. ;)
2021-9-8
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I had these for my Spark.  For the cost, they made next to NO difference.  The Mini 2 is already quiet.  On the spark the noise level was the same just a different pitch, that is the best way I can put it.
I hope you like them, but I have a feeling you won't be impressed based on the cost.
2021-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-8 12:37
i have them as well and i can tell you my ma2 is all but inaudible at appreciable altitudes.  i may try this on the mini2 if i can get them over at amazon....not a fan of dealing with the company directly. ;)

I didn't see them on Amazon for the Mini 2 but maybe MAS hasn't updated their store listings on Amazon yet.  I haven't had any issues dealing with them directly.  
2021-9-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 03:42
I didn't see them on Amazon for the Mini 2 but maybe MAS hasn't updated their store listings on Amazon yet.  I haven't had any issues dealing with them directly.

same with the ma2, it took about a month to show up; not in a hurry.

somebody at MAS got sloppy and sent me props for Mavic Pro instead of Mavic 2 Pro.  i find that to be a little odd to say the least.
2021-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-9 07:39
same with the ma2, it took about a month to show up; not in a hurry.

somebody at MAS got sloppy and sent me props for Mavic Pro instead of Mavic 2 Pro.  i find that to be a little odd to say the least.

Lack of paying attention on the part of the person that pulled the part at MAS.  

I thought I saw you had your MA2 up for sale, or was that somebody else?
2021-9-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 03:08
Lack of paying attention on the part of the person that pulled the part at MAS.  

I thought I saw you had your MA2 up for sale, or was that somebody else?

yes that's me....ma2 for sale.
2021-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-10 03:17
yes that's me....ma2 for sale.

I bought the Skydio 2 when it was first released.  Flew it to film one of my grandson in motocross racing.  Worked amazing for that.  Not a better drone made for tracking but for overall use I went to the MA2.  I eventually sold the Skydio 2, for more than what I paid since at that time there was a waiting list for it.  I kind of miss it at times.  I just wish DJI would not geofence and let the pilot control where they fly.  
2021-9-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Received and installed yesterday. Pitch was a little lower, but the performance is the same. Top speed, N and S, battery life, smoothness. Nothing really changed but the color. The MAS are a little longer than the DJI. Overall I am satisfied. But will probably go OEM next time they need changed.
2021-9-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 03:41
I bought the Skydio 2 when it was first released.  Flew it to film one of my grandson in motocross racing.  Worked amazing for that.  Not a better drone made for tracking but for overall use I went to the MA2.  I eventually sold the Skydio 2, for more than what I paid since at that time there was a waiting list for it.  I kind of miss it at times.  I just wish DJI would not geofence and let the pilot control where they fly.

still have my skydio2 and love it which is why i no longer have time for the ma2.
2021-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-10 06:43
still have my skydio2 and love it which is why i no longer have time for the ma2.

Ahhh, that's totally understandable.  Have a great weekend.
2021-9-11
Use props
Tvixen
lvl.1
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 9-2 23:38
Interesting how you find them as they claim - up to 3% more flight time and up to 37% less noise during flight

Typical China sales text
I woulden't buy them, even if they costed 1$
2021-9-11
Use props
55Kevy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303478 ft
United States

I installed these on my Mini 2 and don't see any change in performance. Just a little quieter when idling on the ground.
2021-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tvixen Posted at 9-11 07:57
Typical China sales text

Im with you,   only use stock propellors and then very careful where I buy them from too as there as so many fakes about.
2021-9-12
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-10 04:29
Received and installed yesterday. Pitch was a little lower, but the performance is the same. Top speed, N and S, battery life, smoothness. Nothing really changed but the color. The MAS are a little longer than the DJI. Overall I am satisfied. But will probably go OEM next time they need changed.

Called it.  Not really quieter, Just a differ noise pitch.  Really not worth the cost.
2021-9-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tvixen Posted at 9-11 07:57
Typical China sales text

MAS is a US company that also manufactures their products in the US.  Very rare, indeed.
2021-9-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-3 02:50
People have been asking for airscrew props since the mini's release, they kept saying they were working on it so when this was posted I thought, Finally, but upon closer inspection and in Big Red Font "NOT Compatible with Mavic Mini 1"  which is a shame since we've been asking for it since the launch...

Oh well.

I can understand your disappointment, but it doesn’t seem like a good business model to sell a new product for a dead product.  As a business person, I certainly would have went in the direction MAS did as well by focusing on products that are newer and currently in production.
2021-9-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 9-12 05:04
I can understand your disappointment, but it doesn’t seem like a good business model to sell a new product for a dead product.  As a business person, I certainly would have went in the direction MAS did as well by focusing on products that are newer and currently in production.

Well said. After all, the Mini is NOT a '55 Chevy
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_qRMUMOox6MjA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43268 ft
United States

Not much quieter the dji stock props. As for performance I felt like it lost the power and speed while flying in sport mode. Just stick with the dji props.
2021-11-3
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the ones for my Air 2S. Definitely quieter or a different sound and about a minute more flying time.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Noticeable difference in pitch, almost a whole tone. You can also notice the difference in the surface area of both propellers. The conclusion is that the Master Airscrew propellers turn slower to produce the same lifting force as the OEM propellers. The ECS controller turns the propellers slower, there should also be noticeably lower power consumption, maybe as much as the manufacturer says, i.e. about 3%. In support of this thesis, an experiment would have to be performed using an optical tachometer, which unfortunately I do not have. Can anyone do such a test?
2021-12-31
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Look for the text ;
IMPORTANT!
Always consult with the drone user manual before installation.
To ensure excellent propeller balance, please make sure to use 2 blades from the same set for each motor.

And in FAQ:
Can I use different propeller colors together?
Yes, you can mix several propeller colors as long as: 1. You use the same type and brand propellers for all 4 motors. 2. For each motor make sure you use 2 blades from the same set.

Do they come in diff. colours as set????
2021-12-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BWJ Posted at 12-31 03:51
Look for the text ;
IMPORTANT!
Always consult with the drone user manual before installation.

No, one color per set. But you can buy several sets of different colors. Red on back, blue on front for example.

https://www.masterairscrew.com/c ... ropellers-x4-yellow
2021-12-31
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Mobilehomer Posted at 2021-12-31 08:49
No, one color per set. But you can buy several sets of different colors. Red on back, blue on front for example.

https://www.masterairscrew.com/collections/new-products/products/dji-mini-2-se-stealth-upgrade-propellers-x4-yellow

How do you "make sure to use 2 blades from the same set" if you mix them ???
2022-1-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BWJ Posted at 1-1 01:36
How do you "make sure to use 2 blades from the same set" if you mix them ???

Don't run one red and one blue blade on the same motor. Don't run one of each on one side. Run one set of each color front and rear.
2022-1-1
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-1 11:04
Don't run one red and one blue blade on the same motor. Don't run one of each on one side. Run one set of each color front and rear.

From website, therefore i ask.
2022-1-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BWJ Posted at 1-3 13:00
[view_image]
From website, therefore i ask.

These are from users, it doesn't mean it is approved by MAS. I wouldn't do it.
2022-1-3
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-3 13:04
These are from users, it doesn't mean it is approved by MAS. I wouldn't do it.

Copy that.
2022-1-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

It does look cool, though!
2022-1-3
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

My experience with MAS:

When I received the propellers, I immediately put them on and started testing.
I did a total of 3 flights for these tests. The first was with the stock propellers. The second was with the Airscrew propellers. The third was with the stock propellers to verify the results. All 3 flights consisted of me flying to different parts of my property while doing some turns and altitude changes.

During the tests:
  • The propellers were .4db(ground/idle) and .5db(flight) louder than the stock propellers according to a Db meter that I borrowed from a friend that owns a speaker manufacturing plant.
  • The propellers actually caused the drone to use roughly 6% more battery and required 4 more amps than the stock propellers when flying the same route and altitude on a windless day.
  • When idling on the landing pad, the drone actually vibrated so badly that it almost fell off the edge of the pad. In flight, this vibration caused multiple errors:
    -IMU Attitude Error
    -Gimbal Overheat
    -Propeller Error (I don't remember the exact error title, but I think it was the same one you get when you throw a prop.)
  • When I brought it in for a landing, the drone completely stopped and dropped about 45 feet. Luckily, I was right beneath it so I was able to catch it.

Ten minutes later with the stock propellers back on, I flew the exact same route with absolutely no issues.

I'm not saying they are bad propellers since apparently EVERYBODY loves them. I probably just got a bad batch. I sent them a message on Facebook requesting a refund and actually received a full refund later that day.
2022-1-3
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

While talking about propellers, I noticed an add for "Motor Covers" for the Mini2, took a look at their photos, looked like nice colored
metal covers that fit over the motor and mounted with two of their screws, leasving two screw holes on their cover to accept the propellers screws.
I am not going to get them ($24.00 U.S.), I am just wondering  - why?  I really can not think of any reason they would be needed, but they do look nice.
2022-1-3
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 1-3 17:46
While talking about propellers, I noticed an add for "Motor Covers" for the Mini2, took a look at their photos, looked like nice colored
metal covers that fit over the motor and mounted with two of their screws, leasving two screw holes on their cover to accept the propellers screws.
I am not going to get them ($24.00 U.S.), I am just wondering  - why?  I really can not think of any reason they would be needed, but they do look nice.

I got some $8 ones from Amazon just because they look nice.
2022-1-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules