Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 2 SDK
12Next >
31559 57 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arczi79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

Hello,

It is already September!!!

Info about MSDK 5.x: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =228553&pid=2499232
Info about Mini 2 SDK: https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/773

DJI - do you have exact date when the confirmed SDK for the Mini 2will be released?

Regards!
AK
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. With regards to this feature request, this was already been forwarded to our designated team however, we don't have an exact date on when this will be released. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!
2021-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Someone posted yesterday an email they got from Dji Developers saying it would be supported in 4.16 shortly.
2021-9-2
Use props
grantboxer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250390 ft
Australia

I am really keen to use flight planning software with the mini 2 and would appreciate it if you could put a priority to its release.
2021-9-18
Use props
Spudster17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

Dear Client,

The release date is out and we plan to release MSDK 4.16 at the end of December. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Hopefully our solution can help you.

Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support
2021-9-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the love of....
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri
lvl.1

Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 9-2 23:37
Someone posted yesterday an email they got from Dji Developers saying it would be supported in 4.16 shortly.

Where did you get this information? I read it will only be supported in MSDK 5.x.
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri
lvl.1

Belgium

Spudster17 Posted at 9-23 07:23
Dear Client,

The release date is out and we plan to release MSDK 4.16 at the end of December. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Dear,

Will the SDK for the Mini 2 be in MSDK 4.16 or in MSDK 5.x (like I read before).
Thanks in advance
2021-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri Posted at 9-23 11:04
Where did you get this information? I read it will only be supported in MSDK 5.x.

Check the forum search or go to the GitHub for the sdk and look in the issues section.
2021-9-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri Posted at 9-23 11:04
Where did you get this information? I read it will only be supported in MSDK 5.x.

See a few posts up
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 057&pid=2558108
2021-9-23
Use props
Travis Hansen6
lvl.1

United States

Hi ive spoken with dji and the date of release is December 31st of this year and it will only be available for Android this was a direct conversation with dji staff so I assure you the info is good and this sdk willl include the dji mini 2 as well as the dji mav air 2 s
6BF05F18-4DFC-4756-849D-16BE87E5F9DD.png
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri
lvl.1

Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 9-23 12:09
Check the forum search or go to the GitHub for the sdk and look in the issues section.

Thank you for the info. I found it on https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/comments/pji01t/dji_to_release_the_mini_2_sdk_in_the_following/

But was confused cause I earlier read that mini 2 was supported in MSDK 5.0...

So the end of december (what will probably be delayed furthermore) is very bad news for me. I'll sell my mini 2 and will buy an Air 2 what is a lot more expensive and almost doesn't have extra feature in comparison to the mini 2.
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri
lvl.1

Belgium

Bashy Posted at 9-23 14:05
See a few posts up
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=249057&pid=2558108

Thank you for the info. I found it on https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/comments/pji01t/dji_to_release_the_mini_2_sdk_in_the_following/

So the end of december (what will probably be delayed furthermore) is very bad news for me. I'll sell my mini 2 and will buy an Air 2 what is a lot more expensive and almost doesn't have extra feature in comparison to the mini 2.
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri
lvl.1

Belgium

The release date of MSDK 4.16 at December 31th is a very bad thing. First the end of September was announced and probably  December 31th will be furthermore delayed... I'm very disappointed in reading this commercial trick of DJI to push users of the Mini 2 (what is ) to the far more expensive Air 2 that almost doesn't have extra feature in comparison to the mini 2. And in Europe you'll need a theoretical license for flying it because of the weight > 250 grams.

DJI realizes that the Mini 2 would be a very succesful drone in combination with 3-party apps and would threaten their more expensive drones. I will sell my Mini 2 and DO NOT buy an Air 2 but search for a capable drone of another manufacturer. I've have had it with DJI.
2021-9-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Why is the SDK so important to everyone? The waypoints are Virtual Stick only, what's virtual stick you ask? You know those drones that you can fly with just your cell phone, and in mobile games you get 2 joysticks on screen, yeah that's how litchi and others who use DJI's sdk is able to control the drone. Is it active track? Even in the best conditions Litchi will still loose you, the only real active track is one provided by the developers of the drone for a best case scenario.

And most importantly, using any app that takes advantage of the SDK ( VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY) Why? Well, say the drone crashes and something break, DJI needs your log file to be able to prove it was the drones fault and not user inflicted, but by using 3rd party apps you don't have any flight logs anymore to give DJI. So they will just refuse your claim, so if you really want or NEED some feature the SDK provides, it's time to look at another brand who does it natively. Hubsan Zino Pro, Fimi X8 Mini, Autel Nano, their is legit competition to DJI that has all the features built in without the need of a 3rd party app.
2021-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri Posted at 9-25 02:07
Thank you for the info. I found it on https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/comments/pji01t/dji_to_release_the_mini_2_sdk_in_the_following/

Probably going to be next year if we see it.
2021-9-25
Use props
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Japan

djiuser_RMQnRHRDy7Ri Posted at 9-25 02:08
Thank you for the info. I found it on https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/comments/pji01t/dji_to_release_the_mini_2_sdk_in_the_following/

If they keep kicking the can down the road, maybe it's better to find another brand altogether. I for one seriously regret getting the Mini 2
2021-9-25
Use props
Martins95
lvl.1
Italy

Sono molto deluso da dji, le sdk usciranno con l'uscita del mini 3 che a sua volta le sue sdk saranno pubblicati dopo 1 anno (spero emergerà un pò di concorrenza così dji smetterà di fare quello che vuole)
2021-9-28
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

It is already 4-th October....
VERY DISAPPOINTING ATTITUDE OF THE DJI!
2021-10-4
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

the SDK for Mini 2, Air 2S and Mini SE is scheduled for December 31
https://www.helicomicro.com/2021 ... e-2021-sur-android/
2021-10-4
Use props
DroneDJ
New

Colombia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-25 02:30
Why is the SDK so important to everyone? The waypoints are Virtual Stick only, what's virtual stick you ask? You know those drones that you can fly with just your cell phone, and in mobile games you get 2 joysticks on screen, yeah that's how litchi and others who use DJI's sdk is able to control the drone. Is it active track? Even in the best conditions Litchi will still loose you, the only real active track is one provided by the developers of the drone for a best case scenario.

And most importantly, using any app that takes advantage of the SDK ( VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY) Why? Well, say the drone crashes and something break, DJI needs your log file to be able to prove it was the drones fault and not user inflicted, but by using 3rd party apps you don't have any flight logs anymore to give DJI. So they will just refuse your claim, so if you really want or NEED some feature the SDK provides, it's time to look at another brand who does it natively. Hubsan Zino Pro, Fimi X8 Mini, Autel Nano, their is legit competition to DJI that has all the features built in without the need of a 3rd party app.

The SDK is used in differents apps for different purposes. For example in Drone photogrametry the automated fly mode is critical asset for mapping projects and foundamental to complete engineering, construction and many other mapping ventures. Without the SDK, the app developers CANNOT add this feature and drone (like DJI mini 2) for that purpose. Of course DJI nows this and they dont want to release the SKD soon to force people buying the more expensive drones that fulfill the same purpose.
2021-10-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reply to SDK from Litchi developers.
Screenshot_20211006-215126.jpg
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_PxBvFlJ22pIO
lvl.1

Germany

We wait for the sdk 5 when it was now coming.
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_yvZVK5NYDmuv
lvl.1

Iran

I'm really sorry for this dirty trick of dji. I also sell mini2 and do not buy products from dji anymore.
2021-10-26
Use props
CODIZAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54193 ft

Poland

Oby więcej takich decyzji bo DJI za a za durzo myśleć o zarabianiu i za mało o klientach to jest przykrą sprawa. Ale jak będą tak dalej się bić po kostkach i kolanach to może się sami obala z pozycji monopolisty. Naprawdę konkurencja ze strony autela nie spi
2021-10-26
Use props
Dap455
lvl.1

United States

What is this extra feature the Mavic Mini 2 has that the Mavic Air 2 doesn’t. I have an Air 2 and curious what this extra feature is everyone is talking about?
2021-11-10
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Help, someone who does NOT know what "SDK" stands for - would someone please fill in the words?
2021-11-10
Use props
Konoir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 561142 ft
Denmark

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 11-10 14:22
Help, someone who does NOT know what "SDK" stands for - would someone please fill in the words?

SDK stands for software development kit or devkit for short. ... SDK tools will include a range of things, including libraries, documentation, code samples, processes, and guides that developers can use and integrate into their own apps. SDKs are designed to be used for specific platforms or programming languages
2021-11-12
Use props
MiniManiac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-25 02:30
Why is the SDK so important to everyone? The waypoints are Virtual Stick only,

incorrect, apps such as litchi use GPS data to create waypoints which are then sent to the quad, as for active track they use the same SDK that DJI use and add it in (which DJI didnt) into the app, assuming the quad can handle the data processing.
Litchi has always added more to their app then DJI ever do since the Phantom 2 when they added curved waypoints and follow mode, something not native on the p2
2021-11-12
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Konoir Posted at 11-12 01:29
SDK stands for software development kit or devkit for short. ... SDK tools will include a range of things, including libraries, documentation, code samples, processes, and guides that developers can use and integrate into their own apps. SDKs are designed to be used for specific platforms or programming languages

Konoir, really appreciate that well written explanation - it helps for sure.  My light is a
little brighter.
2021-11-12
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

Hopeless situation... even Mavic 3 was released in a huge hurry without part of functions. I would not expect seeing SDK for Mini 2 any time soon. Looks like DJI has some serious problems.....
2021-11-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arczi79 Posted at 11-16 20:04
Hopeless situation... even Mavic 3 was released in a huge hurry without part of functions. I would not expect seeing SDK for Mini 2 any time soon. Looks like DJI has some serious problems.....

Nah, they just wanted it out before Xmas then fill in the blanks later
2021-11-16
Use props
kbrosni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1008586 ft
United States

Some one please tell this guy...
https://flythatdrone.com/  (https://flythatdrone.com/blog/dji-mini-2-follow-me-mode/#DJI_Mini2_Follow_Me_hack_using_Litchi_App) falsely claims that the Mini 2 works with Litchi (https://flylitchi.com/new), which it does not as of this post.  

Maybe sometime after Dec 31, 2021...
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_Q2bPIBOz0YHD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1043 ft
Italy

Ciao, ci sono sviluppi in merito all’SDK per il Mini 2?
2021-11-22
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Roadmap has updated again to show release on the 30th of Dec:
2021-11-27
Use props
MiniManiac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

kbrosni Posted at 11-19 21:18
Some one please tell this guy...
https://flythatdrone.com/  (https://flythatdrone.com/blog/dji-mini-2-follow-me-mode/#DJI_Mini2_Follow_Me_hack_using_Litchi_App) falsely claims that the Mini 2 works with Litchi (https://flylitchi.com/new), which it does not as of this post.  

Hes an idiot, the video he links to clearly states its the mini 1 that is being used
2021-11-28
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-27 03:13
Roadmap has updated again to show release on the 30th of Dec:
[view_image]

Thanks for the update!
2021-11-29
Use props
CODIZAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54193 ft

Poland

Czy ktoś z dji może potwierdzić wydanie SDK dla mini 2.
Od tego uzależniam zakup dji.
W innym wypadku skusze się na autela nano który ma to wszytko i czujniki i jaśniejsza optykę
2021-12-20
Use props
arczi79
lvl.3
Australia

CODIZAN Posted at 12-20 22:41
Czy ktoś z dji może potwierdzić wydanie SDK dla mini 2.
Od tego uzależniam zakup dji.
W innym wypadku skusze się na autela nano który ma to wszytko i czujniki i jaśniejsza optykę

Ja bym tam nie liczył na zapewnienia DJI. Według supportu DJI wsparcie dla SDK powinno być juz dawno temu. Bierz Autela Nano jeśli zależi Ci na tym... albo czekaj do kolejnego "obiecywanego" terminu wsparcia dla SDK - czyli 31 grudzień 2021.
2021-12-20
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

MiniManiac Posted at 11-12 10:07
incorrect, apps such as litchi use GPS data to create waypoints which are then sent to the quad, as for active track they use the same SDK that DJI use and add it in (which DJI didnt) into the app, assuming the quad can handle the data processing.
Litchi has always added more to their app then DJI ever do since the Phantom 2 when they added curved waypoints and follow mode, something not native on the p2

Couldn't have said it better. And as for the flight logs, I'm pretty sure litchi records them, right?
2021-12-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules