Phantom 4 Suggestion - gimbal
977 3 2015-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

DJI, please find a way that I can extract the photo and videos via USB without having to turn the battery on and/or removing the card.

I came in with 10% battery, for whatever reason USB doesn't turn on, I have to charge the battery a bit to move files... or deal with the card.

That is a dangerous game as battery and card are fragile and have short life spam.

If you can do that in the current Phantom 3, even better.

Cheers and thanks.
2015-7-27
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

I use 2 micro cards and swap them out copying the footage to laptop and then deleting the files from the card.
Ready to go after the next flight.
Have not had any trouble with removing the card and your not using any expensive P3 battery power.
Switched cards in other equipment for years. Zero failures.
2015-7-27
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

jack1144 Posted at 2015-7-28 11:41
I use 2 micro cards and swap them out copying the footage to laptop and then deleting the files from ...

DJI has admitted to having a few problems with the micro SD card reader. This was posted in DJI-Autumn's posting on when the new firmware was coming out.

It would be nice to have a more secure means to transfer files. Possibly moving from a micro card to the full sized SD card would help

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D242%26typeid%3D242
1.  Non-visual live feed image, i.e. a blank screen that appears instead of a camera feed.

Reason: Certain chip pins on the SD card are not connecting properly tothe circuit causing the camera to start up abnormally, making the screen turn black.
Solution: Remove the SD card and re-install it tightly.
Further solution: The camera startup process is being refined to take into account possible connectivity issues with the SD card. If necessary, DJI will repair affected units as quickly as possible.

added link to microSD card issues.
2015-7-28
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Well ok then , thanks Gregg1r . Have never had any problem with the micro cards and seems a very simple design.
I agree full size cards would be better see that was Paniza's point so I'll just slowly back out this door.
Thanks for pointing it out. I'll be careful with the cards
2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules