The Pocket 2 is not waterproof. Fortunately, my umbrella is...
1246 6 2021-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rainy day videos seem popular on YouTube, so despite my natural inclination to keep warm and dry whenever possible, I ventured out, masked and unaccompanied, to shoot this video.  

As there was some wind, I connected a Sennheiser stereo shotgun mic to my Pocket 2, together with an iPhone 6 running the app, and somehow operated with one hand while keeping everything dry with an umbrella in the other hand.  Next time I will check whether the video is set to 4K before shooting 45 minutes at 1080p.  But for this material, I'm not sure it really matters.   Enjoy!  Apparently this kind of white noise audio sends people to sleep...

2021-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We really appreciate you for sharing this amazing video of yours. Great combination with the umbrella! Keep safe and happy filming always. Cheers!
2021-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Relaxing video!
2021-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing video.    Very peaceful and relaxing video.
2021-9-3
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fell asleep after 2minutes, just jokin, nice video
2021-9-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

You sure must have some courage taking such expensive equipment out in the rain (though umbrella certainly helps). Not sure if I would have dared to do this kind of video without using the water-proof case, though it probably would have prevented using external microphones.

Anyway, this video is some nice counter-balance against todays often-too-hectic-cut-editing videos, just allowing you to take your time, relax and listen/watch the rain. :-)
2021-9-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks to all for your comments!  I have to admit that I was surprised as I got out of the car and tried to  get the rig working, while doing my best with the umbrella to keep off the rain, how quickly the phone screen was spattered with raindrops.  But everything seems to have survived the experience.  

I have subsequently researched the 'walk in the rain' genre on YouTube and I can see that every day, dozens of such videos are uploaded.  Each like mine is hoping to emulate the few which have accumulated millions of views.  My next upload with therefore be something dryer and more original!
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules