Please do not harass wildlife
706 9 2021-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

What a terrible result.  Drone gone and who knows what happened to the gator.  I think we have all had the urg to get close to wildlife, but you never know what is going to happen.  

Wild video shows alligator eating drone and disappearing in white smoke
2021-9-3
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Definitely not good. Incidents like this is why we can't have nice things (aka too many drone laws).
2021-9-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lithium ion treat ;-)
2021-9-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

it's that kind of attitude of people which poses more and more restrictions to all of us.
And the barriers between wildlife and humans gets smaller every day. Let's respect the wildlife that is still out there.
2021-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Frank. Thank you for sharing this article with us. It's sad to know what happened on the unit especially on the alligator itself. Hope people will learn to have some respect for the wildlife as they're one of an important part of the ecosystem. Thank you for your valued support and take care always.
2021-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw this on YouTube shorts,   not good at all,   apparently they thought the OA would move the drone out the way if it was attacked.
2021-9-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Easily could have been avoided.  With all the commercial and residential development that continues grow a lot of wildlife is being squeezed out of their habitats.  I'm sure this will have a negative effect on our ecosystem.  
2021-9-4
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-4 00:14
I saw this on YouTube shorts,   not good at all,   apparently they thought the OA would move the drone out the way if it was attacked.

Yes - just a bad idea all the way around.   I do not harass the wildlife.  To the contrary - I have birds attacking me all the time.   8)

What I do now is if I am going to do a quick or manual shot that passes by trees I do a test past in Normal or Sport mode first.  If there are territorial birds they will let you know of their presence right away.
2021-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frank Alonso Posted at 9-4 10:15
Yes - just a bad idea all the way around.   I do not harass the wildlife.  To the contrary - I have birds attacking me all the time.   8)

What I do now is if I am going to do a quick or manual shot that passes by trees I do a test past in Normal or Sport mode first.  If there are territorial birds they will let you know of their presence right away.

Same here.  get chased by Gulls all the time.
2021-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not nice indeed!
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now