260 2 2021-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rattanbir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190226 ft
India

Greetings!
I’ve seen several videos on YouTube about using a hood over the tablet / mobile attached to the Remote Controller to increase visibility of screen by reducing the ambient light falling on it.
I made a hood and tried it but did not find it useful at all. In fact it increased the difficulty in working on the screen. The reason for low usefulness is that the main distraction on the screen is the reflection of the pilot on it and not the light falling on the screen from the sides.

The only way the reflection from the back of the pilot can be eliminated is by using a matte screen that gamers use. Once the matte screen is fixed on the mobile screen, the reflection is eliminated and thereafter the hood is not required at all.

It is possible that a matte screen maynot be easily available for all makes / models of mobiles or tabs. The work around for this issue is to buy a matte screen for the latest iPad (available on Amazon) and mark out the size of your mobile / tab on it before removing the protective layers. The matte screen can be easily cut along the drawn line with the help of a good scissor.

I’m sharing the above finding with other new pilots who maybe finding it difficult to fly their drone in bright daylight locations.
Cheers!

2021-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Rattanbir. We really appreciate you for sharing this great idea of yours on how to improve the visibility of the mobile device when in bright daylight. Thank you for your valued support and take care always!
2021-9-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2021-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now