DJI controller lost connection
925 9 2021-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
United States

Today I decided to upgrade to the latest version xxxx.700, After a take off the Dji Go 4 android version found an inconsistent firmware update it and then lost controller connection. The drone hover where it take off. The Controller was restarted several times without success. Put my hand below hovering drone sensor and it land itself. Took the drone and did a refresh version with Dji assistant. Insert the controller and it does't get recognized by computer or pair again with the drone. Only keep "Connecting" message. The computer no longer recognize it as a usb device.  Exist a possibility of controller reset?  Thanks in advance.
2021-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific version of firmware are you at for your aircraft and remote controller? Also, were you able to perform the manual linking using the combination button to see if you can connect? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-9-5
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

Hello, Thanks for reply

Version 770 was the last version updated yesterday. I tried cable linking with no success.
2021-9-5
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-5 00:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific version of firmware are you at for your aircraft and remote controller? Also, were you able to perform the manual linking using the combination button to see if you can connect? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Can you help?
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Can you please provide us the exact firmware version for both aircraft and the remote, Jose? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-9-7
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-7 03:11
Can you please provide us the exact firmware version for both aircraft and the remote, Jose? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Version 770 was the last version updated yesterday. I tried cable linking with no success.
2021-9-7
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-7 03:11

I think his terminology is confusing you.

It's not an issue with Linking the Drone to the controller.

I believe the issue is connecting the drone to his PC for DJI Assistant 2. (hence his refering to USB cable connection)

I suspect he bricked the Drone FW as part of his update procedure.
From his inital post it would appear that he started the update while the drone was airborne. Hovering at the home point.

2021-9-7
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
United States

bjr981s Posted at 9-7 05:07
I think his terminology is confusing you.

It's not an issue with Linking the Drone to the controller.

Incorrect! There's no possibility to update firmware while on take off,  As usual Dji Go 4 found an inconsistent firmware then take off, then lost signal forever. My PC is unable to find the controller only after lost the signal with drone.
last version updated was 770. anything else?

the drone is connecting fine with computer.
2021-9-7
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Puerto Rico

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 9-7 05:30
Incorrect! There's no possibility to update firmware while on take off,  As usual Dji Go 4 found an inconsistent firmware then take off, then lost signal forever. My PC is unable to find the controller only after lost the signal with drone.
last version updated was 770. anything else?

Quick update!

After leaving the controller "On mode" on the computer for 1hr at least, it appeared as a  usb device, ran Dji assistant and was able to return for version 670, then did a quick flight, then firmware update to 770  direct via android. All seem back to flight.

Case self closed!
2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 9-7 11:02
Quick update!

After leaving the controller "On mode" on the computer for 1hr at least, it appeared as a  usb device, ran Dji assistant and was able to return for version 670, then did a quick flight, then firmware update to 770  direct via android. All seem back to flight.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the said issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead.
2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules