Velocidrone simulator app and the DJI Digital FPV controller
6551 2 2021-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I am flying the GEPRC Crocodile Baby 5 drone with the DJI  Digital FPV System on board.  This is my first FPV drone.

I just purchased the Velocidrone simulator app.  It was so easy to link it to the DJI Digital FPV controller.

Apparently this app’s strength, according to reviewers, is its true to life physics when comparing it to the other drone simulators.  Another point is that it will run on slightly older computers.  Its this point that narrowed down my choices.

I am not a gamer and games don’t really interest me.  I am not about to buy a new computer just to practice flying.

I have never flown a simulator and using this app is so like flying the real thing.  I will certainly be spending lots of hours on it learning the basics.
2021-9-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Are there any first impressions?
... first experiences with it ...?
2021-9-9
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

This is the first flight sim that I have ever owned so I have nothing to compare it to.  

The tutorial videos are brilliant for a novice flyer basics to learning advanced manoeuvres.  It has an in app Betaflight to tune to drone you have picked to fly.  This feature is beyond my skill level.

The physics seem perfect and VERY responsive even on my old computer.  My clumsy flying of my real drone and the flight sim are giving me the same experience.  This is exactly what I was after.  

The two first basic flight tutorials I have tried have you flying in a baron field around pylons.  This is as far as I have gotten.  I have not explored the app beyond this.

Will this help me learn how to use the controller sticks the right way? I believe it will.  

Were the developers asking too much for their product?  No.  I do think I got my monies worth and more.  

2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules