What it the Maximum time you can Unlock a Blue Authorization Zone
2436 5 2021-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CMSgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

I am a Recreational Drone Flyer and I fly a non-DJI Drone; however, I plan on buying a Mini SE.  I have been reviewing the DJI YouTube Videos for the DJI Fly Safe & Geo Zones and I am concerned that I would have problems flying a DJI Drone at my home since I live near Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, VA.

I have fulfilled all requirements to fly a drone at my home.  I have The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) Completion Certificate, I have a Small UAS Certificate of Registration on my Drone, and I have the required FAA Form 7711-1, "CERTIFICATE OF WAIVER OR AUTHORIZATION."  However, the Problem is that I live within the Langley Air Force Base's DJI GEO Zone identified as a BLUE "Authorization Zone."  

According to the Videos, I would have to apply for a Live Unlocking every time I want to fly a DJI Drone or I could apply for a Scheduled Unlocking, but that only last 3-days.  My FAA Authorizations are valid for 1-year.  Is there any way to get an unlocking that lasts for more than a few days?

Thanking you in advance.

2021-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, CMSgt, you may send this request to the designated team via email at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Hope they will be able to help you out.
2021-9-5
Use props
CMSgt
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-5 20:07
Hi there, CMSgt, you may send this request to the designated team via email at  for further assistance. Hope they will be able to help you out.

Susan,

Thank you for the reply.  However, I did write an email to flysafe@dji.com and asked for further assistance.

"victor.han (Support)" replied but there must be a language barrier.  He thinks I am requesting to have the zone unlocked on my aircraft.  And he sent very detained instructions to perform a Custom Unlocking.

I do not own a DJI Quad yet, I want to buy one but I live in a Blue Authorization Zone and I just want to know if DJI allows a long term unlocking of a zone for a recreational flyer or if I have to perform an unlocking every day to use a DJI Drone

I replied to Victor's  email and apologized for not making myself clear.  I just want to know what is the maximum time DJI will unlock a Blue Authorization Zone.

Once again, thank you for the quick reply.

CMSgt

2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CMSgt Posted at 9-5 21:24
Susan,

Thank you for the reply.  However, I did write an email to  and asked for further assistance.

I am sorry for the confusion. When you get the drone and need to customize the unlock time of the geo zone, you will need to provide the approval file from the local authority.
We will refer to the unlock time on the approval file, therefore, you can customize the unlock time as long as the local authority approves.
Once you get the file, you can contact flysafe@dji.com, they will help you with this request.
2021-9-5
Use props
CMSgt
lvl.4
United States

CMSgt Posted at 9-5 21:24
Susan,

Thank you for the reply.  However, I did write an email to  and asked for further assistance.

Susan,

Thank you for another quick reply.  That answers my question, now when I buy a DJI Drone, I'll feel confident that I will be able to fly whenever I want and not have to perform a Custom Unlocking every day.

Once again, thank you.

CMSgt
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CMSgt Posted at 9-6 08:57
Susan,

Thank you for another quick reply.  That answers my question, now when I buy a DJI Drone, I'll feel confident that I will be able to fly whenever I want and not have to perform a Custom Unlocking every day.

You're most welcome. Glad to know that you have figured it out. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules