Om4 not panning during Timelapse/Motionlapse--need ASAP help!
827 1 2021-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighPercentile
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10541 ft
United States

Hi all--

I'm on vacation on the NJ side of the Hudson River facing the Manhattan skyline. I have been looking forward to creating a Timelapse (technically a Motionlapse) of the NYC skyline from the late afternoon into the evening. However, using just 2 waypoints (start and end) at 10 second shot intervals for the maximum limit of 5 hours led to my iPhone 11 Pro's Mimo app making a nice static timelapse, but the Om4 refused to budge from its initial start point. I had it set up on a level professional tripod and even calibrated the gimbal beforehand. Resolution was set to maximum and I placed it into Tilt Lock mode as it was a straight left to right pan. Reading online I found a post or two that seemed to indicate a similar "no panning" situation when set to the 3-5 hour lengths but that it might work on a shorter time length. Indeed, when I tried again with 1-3 minute time lengths the Om4 immediately did begin to pan correctly. But anytime I tried a longer length of 3+ hours it again refused to pan with multiple attempts. Several hourlong+ trials were attempted and it was very frustrating.

I'm as current as can be on firmware/software updates on both the Om4 and iOS. As I'm only here for a few more days and was really looking forward to getting these shots, can anyone please quickly help or advise? It would be greatly appreciated. Tu!
2021-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, HighPercentile. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please check the things below first?
1. Could you please set the distance between two waypoints farther?  
2. Please lower down the record time as possible as you can.
Please keep us updating your feedback,
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules