Best settings for constantly changing exposure
541 6 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hills
lvl.1
Canada

I want to film a shot where I walk through a park.

Some areas of the park are well lit by bright sunlight, while other areas (like under trees) are dark.

The exposure changes as I go from under a tree to an open area of the park, so if I use PRO mode and manually set the exposure and use a ND filter, the areas with shadows (under trees) will be under-exposed.

Is there a workaround to this or turning off PRO mode and using the camera in auto mode is the only option?

2021-9-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

When filming in areas with differing lights I get the best results using auto mode but I'm not an expert by any means.
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation also tips and tricks from our fellow DJI member here that currently filming with DJI Pocket 2. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-9-5
Use props
Hills
lvl.1
Canada

For others who are looking for a solution to the same issue, this is what I have thus far gathered:

a) If shooting in PRO mode with filters and a set exposure, pick a time of day (noon, for example) when the sun is directly above you. This may help, as there will be fewer areas with shadows.

b) Shoot with PRO mode turned off
2021-9-17
Use props
fans3d974efb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would use manual exposure and the D-Cinelike color mode. Set the exposure in between so that the bright areas are a little over exposed and the dark areas a little under exposed then fix the exposure and color grade in post.
2021-9-18
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hills Posted at 9-17 04:51
For others who are looking for a solution to the same issue, this is what I have thus far gathered:

a) If shooting in PRO mode with filters and a set exposure, pick a time of day (noon, for example) when the sun is directly above you. This may help, as there will be fewer areas with shadows.

shooting at noon is the worst time ever!
2021-9-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Would this work with using an ND filter, setting Pro mode on, manually adjusting the shutter time to 1/60 and setting ISO with one of the Auto settings (such as AutoMax800)? I have had some issues too with the changes in light.
2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules