New Extension Rod not working - or am I thick?
3387 13 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlackCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Im new to the Osmo Pocket 2 and bought the extension rod and do it all handle from the DJI store but the buttons on the rod dont work. Im so confused! I have the do it all handle attached to the pocket, my phone on the extension rod and the DJI Mimo app on and connected to the pockt via WIfi no problem, just no buttons on the extension rod work. Please can someone help as its probably something Im doing wroing despite watching video tutorials and reading the manual! Ive also been confused by the manual advsiing theres an internal battery that needs charging if idle for 6months. How would you charge it? theres no USb port? Confused even more.......
2021-9-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The camera charges the rod.  You do not have to attach a charger, only a fully charged camera.  Leave it overnight so that it becomes well charged.  Then you should be able to turn on the camera with a long press of the button to the right of the the red record button.  After the first charge, the extension rod needs very little charging - it will not have a noticable impact on the battery life of the camera.
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BlackCat. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will post a DJI Tutorial video on How To Use The Extension Rod. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2021-9-5
Use props
BlackCat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-5 20:37
Hello there BlackCat. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will post a DJI Tutorial video on How To Use The Extension Rod. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQc6V8m9Tyo

Thats the video I have already watched for a tutorial. I have followed the steps and the extension rod does NOT power on the camera. Please advise as the previous post on this thread said the rod needs charging?! No mention of that in the video or manual
2021-9-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried turning on the camera manually in the usual way?  Do the rod controls then work?  Is it only the power-on function that doesn't work?
2021-9-6
Use props
BlackCat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-6 01:16
Have you tried turning on the camera manually in the usual way?  Do the rod controls then work?  Is it only the power-on function that doesn't work?

I have tried that yes, no controls work whatsoever
2021-9-6
Use props
BlackCat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-5 06:26
The camera charges the rod.  You do not have to attach a charger, only a fully charged camera.  Leave it overnight so that it becomes well charged.  Then you should be able to turn on the camera with a long press of the button to the right of the the red record button.  After the first charge, the extension rod needs very little charging - it will not have a noticable impact on the battery life of the camera.

Done that and dead as a dodo!
2021-9-7
Use props
BlackCat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the DJI support going round and round in circles and getting nowhere. I even sent a video in showing it not working! NO....I am not going to accept a repair! I am within my rights for a replacement as it is clearly not fit for purpose. Wish Id bought it off Amazon instead of from the  DJI store as I wouldn't have this hassle
2021-9-7
Use props
fans0c55b888
New
Flight distance : 7723 ft
Denmark

@BlackCat - did you get this solved ?
I am having a similar issue, and does also not find a lot of usefull information.
2023-5-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have had some similar problems occasionally with mine, the camera being connected to the rod and charged. For me, removing and inserting the camera back and/or confirming the attachment by wiggling the Pocket 2 a little and pushing it firmly on it's place has solved the problem when it has occurred. Also, I may need to push the extension rod function button a bit longer in order to get it to turn on. Could be that there is some kind of a small contact problem, but the connection pins not always setting themselves on their places or there being some dirt on the contacts.

Also, when I want to charge the rod and the Pocket 2, I place the Pocket 2 on to the rod, then connect an USB-C charger normally to the Pocket 2's USB-C port. At least that way you can be sure that both get charged, and you can see the charging indicator on the extension rod LED.
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_uMDhz77b4s3x
New
Flight distance : 183264 ft
Mexico

Same here... can't get the extension rod to power on. No lights at all. No reaction at all. It's been connected several times for several hours. More than 24 hours on one of the occasions.

I just get a "Handle Connected" message on the Pocket 2, but nothing else happens. Luckily I got it from Amazon so I'm just returning it. I order the next from Amazon days later and it was already $25 higher. Tried to get it from local DJI stores so I could test it on site, but none of them have it right now and don't know if they are restocking it.
2023-8-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I would wonder whether the batteries in old stock have deteriorated on the shelf...
2023-8-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-17 05:40
I would wonder whether the batteries in old stock have deteriorated on the shelf...

There is a time after which the battery will completely die if not charged, so may well be possible.
2023-8-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Note to self - recharge that battery!  
2023-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules