RS2 and Raveneye Connection Issue on Android Phone
2344 1 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacky_Jack
lvl.1

United States

Raveneye works ok on the RS2 screen. I can view video and track subjects. I can connect the RS2 to the Ronin app on my phone and control all gimbal functions. When I click "Connect to Raveneye", it takes me to the screen where I select the Raveneye Wi-Fi and it connects fine (Raveneye light is blue.) However, the gimbal immediately disconnects and searching for the RS2 on the app does not show any devices. If I go back to the Raveneye page of the app, it is still shows Wi-Fi connected. However, the Raveneye Camera View is black and the menus show Raveneye not connected.

If I turn off Wi-Fi, the app can find and connect to the gimbal, but if I click on Raveneye, I must then turn on Wi-Fi and the gimbal immediately disconnects. With the Wi-Fi on, the app never finds the RS2.

I don't think the problem is the cable because the Raveneye works fine on the gimbal screen. Turning off Bluetooth does not solve the problem. I'm using an LG G8 phone with Android 9. The RS2 has the latest firmware as of September 2021. I cannot check the Raveneye firmware on the RS2 screen. The camera is a Blackmagic 6K pro.

Despite being one of the best gimbals in the market for its price, the $1000 RS2 has a lot of issues. It randomly goes crazy and flips the camera all over. It wobbles side to side when on briefcase mode. It uses a 12mm rod instead of the standard 15mm, and the rod DJI includes is too short for longer lenses e.g. Sigma 18-35. For $1000, DJI should have included rods of different lengths and/or 12mm to 15mm rod adapters. The roll arm is too short for bigger, left-heavy rigs, thereby requiring counterweights that increase the overall weight, making handling the gimbal for long periods uncomfortable. When the gimbal works, it does so beautifully. But when it doesn't, it can ruin an entire shoot.

2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jacky, I am sorry for any issue you encountered. Please be advised that the Bluetooth will be disconnected when the device is connected to RavenEye to avoid interference. They are not able to be connected at the same time.
For the camera flipping and wobbling issues, could you please provide a video of the case for further confirmation?
Regarding your feedback about the rod adapter and Roll arm, they will be noted and forwarded to the R&D department for their notice. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules