Error msg truncated
637 11 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d70cebf
lvl.1

France

Hello

Today I was some practice flying, when at 277 meters , I got the message  "La radiocommande is not...", which would translate in english "the RC  is not...".... and the screen was frozen

My 1st question : is there a way to get the full message,.. I tried to tap on the msg with no success.

2nd question : what would have been the end of the message, .... because I could not know if my RC was not connected with my phone or with the drone ?

Not knowing : So I turn off the RC and stopped the app, then restart both....... and the drone was where I left it at 277 meters.....

I checked in parameters : I had "RTH if disconnect" , not "Hover".
So what happened ?

Thanks for your insight

Miscaleanous question : On the top left it is stated "P Mode" but I was  in normal mode. So why not "N Mode" (Other time I saw C mode, when I was  in cinematic mode")

error msg

error msg
2021-9-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Some android users, are having lockup issues with 1.4.8 (1120), I found a newer version (beta?) 1.4.8 (1185) it seems to work well so far!
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-9-5
Use props
fans0d70cebf
lvl.1

France

Hi I am using a Redmi 9 Note Pro
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Redmi 9 Note Pro ) that your are using to fly on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi 9 Note Pro will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-9-6
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

In answer to your miscellaneous question. I believe Dji refer to Normal mode as Positional mode hence using letter P.
2021-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you like upload your flight using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Guess you have 2 logs for this flight, one before the disconnect and one after connected again.
Upload them both so i can combine then to 1 file and read it out.

P mode...my MINI2 shows N-mode for the Normal mode...wich app version do you use ?

cheers
JJB
2021-9-6
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

yogi053 Posted at 9-6 01:24
In answer to your miscellaneous question. I believe Dji refer to Normal mode as Positional mode hence using letter P.

That's odd because when I'm in Normal mode, the display clearly shows it as 'N mode'. Cine mode shows as 'C mode' and Sports mode shows as 'S mode'.
2021-9-6
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 9-6 04:21
That's odd because when I'm in Normal mode, the display clearly shows it as 'N mode'. Cine mode shows as 'C mode' and Sports mode shows as 'S mode'.

I must admit I could be wrong. Would it depend on App version, Drone firmware, Remote  controller firmware. The snapshot definitely shows the display in P mode.
Maybe if a Dji moderator sees this, maybe they could explain!
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_STWpPmJ8Qb8r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77438 ft
Canada

It shows "P" mode for normal mode when you are reviewing the flight within the DJI fly app, but shows "N" when viewing the live telemetry.   Why they are different, I have no idea.  Same with Cine mode shows "T" when reviewing the flight in the app.
2021-9-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_STWpPmJ8Qb8r Posted at 9-7 13:09
It shows "P" mode for normal mode when you are reviewing the flight within the DJI fly app, but shows "N" when viewing the live telemetry.   Why they are different, I have no idea.  Same with Cine mode shows "T" when reviewing the flight in the app.

Prob cause they are legacy mode names and was forgotten about those names when reviewing, I'm just guessing here, but I suspect in time that they will be changed too, but you know how slow they can be.

My thought process was that they are changing the names to a more user-friendly name in line with the rest of the mini's but then Cinematic isn't overly user-friendly imo, but I spose they couldn't really use (S)low as there is already an S mode, could have gone with (M)ovie i spose.

Just spit balling is all, woke up fast too early lol
2021-9-7
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

djiuser_STWpPmJ8Qb8r Posted at 9-7 13:09

Perfect. That would also tie up with what the log files show when changing mode, as they show Tripod (T) when in Cine mode (C mode).

But yet again, DJI are just confusing users. If it says 'N mode' when you're flying, why have it show 'P mode' when you're reviewing it. Very sloppy programming.
2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules