Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera stops responding during flight Mavic 2 Pro
1009 2 2021-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

The camera stops working in video or stills mode during flight with my Mavic 2 Pro. It seems to happen without any reason that I can reproduce, but when the camera stops responding I have to land the drone, turn it off and back on to get the camera to work again. All other flight functions work when this happens and there are not any interference or signal strength issues. I am using the smart controller, and restarting the dji flight app on the controller does not have any effect on the camera. I have even landed the drone and powered off and back on the smart controller to see if that would reset the camera but no, only resetting the drone will fix it when it happens.
Is this a known issue or do I need to get my drone serviced?

2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message when you experience the said issue? In addition, kindly please try to refresh/update the firmware of the said unit using the DJI Assistant 2 software to see if the issue persists. If you experience again the said issue after the said troubleshooting steps, kindly please take a short screen recording for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!
2021-9-6
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

The camera freeze behavior has happened periodically as long as I have owned the drone and smart controller. It is most likely to happen after a timelapse finishes or after a panorama series. But it is infrequent and I can’t reproduce it.
I’m currently on the latest firmware for both my drone and smart controller.
There are no error messages just no response from the camera button on the screen in video or photo modes and the buttons on the controller don’t triggers the camera either. In the camera settings menu, I’m not able to change modes (sing, hdr, panorama…) when this happens.
The drone is fine otherwise and there are no distance or interference/signal strength problems. But I have to land the drone and power cycle it to get the camera working again when it happens.
I was hoping someone else might have encountered this and found a workaround.
2021-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules