phone compatability
882 11 2021-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
radron
lvl.1

United States

has anyone tried the samsung galaxy A52 for the mini 2, its not listed as a supported phone, but i would like to know if anyone has tried it before i go out and spend $600.00.
Thanks.
2021-9-6
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

You can buy a used S7 all day long for $50.
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the Samsung A52 is not compatible with the DJI Mini 2 and we cannot guarantee the stability of the said mobile device when in use with the said unit. We strongly suggest using a recommended mobile device to run the DJI Fly app. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2021-9-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someone gave the OP a piece of good advice about a cheaper and better solution and got a down-vote. Why?

To the OP: Why take a chance on an unapproved device? There are far better solutions. You spend $500 on a drone and don't want to spend another $50 on a device that works....and is supported on future updates? Mindless. I have an S6 that works perfectly and cost me $45 on eBay.
2021-9-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

...Sorry I take it back about the loser thing. You have a right to be upset; just don't blame us for being the bad messenger ;-)
2021-9-6
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

For what its worth I have been flying the Mini2 since June using a Samsung A32 and it works just fine . I tried the app version 1.4.8 and had a lot of disconnection issues. Since rolled back to 1.4.2 and have no issues at all
2021-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are interested check out Swappa.com They have plenty of good used mobile devices that are on the DJI Fly App compatibility list and most are reasonably priced.  I like a larger display so I use a Samsung Tab S6 that I bought off that website.  Works great.
2021-9-7
Use props
radron
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-6 21:41
...Sorry I take it back about the loser thing. You have a right to be upset; just don't blame us for being the bad messenger ;-)

i dont even know what an op is, no down votes came from me,all i did was ask a question, i am also assuming what ever device is used has to have a data plan, cause i got no problem buying a device that works properly if it needs no data plan, but i am not going to down grade my brand new phone as an every day user.
2021-9-7
Use props
radron
lvl.1

United States

MBSL500 Posted at 9-6 11:31
You can buy a used S7 all day long for $50.

hello, thanks for the response, so, are you saying that i can buy a used phone, and use it with out a data plan, if thats the case thats what i will do, thanks.
2021-9-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

radron Posted at 9-7 13:29
i dont even know what an op is, no down votes came from me,all i did was ask a question, i am also assuming what ever device is used has to have a data plan, cause i got no problem buying a device that works properly if it needs no data plan, but i am not going to down grade my brand new phone as an every day user.

You are the OP, original poster. No you do not need a data plan. None of my tablets have one.
2021-9-7
Use props
radron
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-6 21:36
Someone gave the OP a piece of good advice about a cheaper and better solution and got a down-vote. Why?

To the OP: Why take a chance on an unapproved device? There are far better solutions. You spend $500 on a drone and don't want to spend another $50 on a device that works....and is supported on future updates? Mindless. I have an S6 that works perfectly and cost me $45 on eBay.

i dont even see where a s6 is listed as a supported phone for the mini 2.
2021-9-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

radron Posted at 9-7 13:38
i dont even see where a s6 is listed as a supported phone for the mini 2.

It seems to have just dropped off the list. Works fine for me on all 4 drones.
2021-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules