377 3 2021-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rattanbir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190226 ft
India

Greetings!
I have seen a lot of you tube tutorials about the use of DJI Go4 app and flying the Mavic 2 Pro drone. However I have not come across even a single one that talks about the 'system requirements' of the mobile or tablet that one wishes to attach to the Remote Controller for use of Go4 App.
I started my flying by attaching Lenovo M10 FHD Plus tab to the Remote Controller but the compass pointer on the App always pointed away from North eventhough I was standing  exactly aligned to the Magnetic North. Due to this flying out a long distance became very risky because I could not use the Red triangular pointer to find out the location of the drone when it was high up or far away from me and navigate back to home point. Even the RTH button did not function properly although in the app the GPS had recorded the launch position.
Secondly some of the photographic features like Panorama pictures were disabled and most of the automated flight options did not function correctly.
I was for a long time under the impression that the compass was not properly calibrated and repeatedly calibrated the onboard compass and IMU but no improvement.

One day I used my One Plus T7 mobile and every feature on the DJI Go4 App worked !

This lead me to do a comparison of the specs of the tab with the mobile and found that the Lenovo tab did not have a Compass sensor inbuilt due to which there was a conflict in the display of the radar pointer on the App!

In short pilots should first confirm that the tablet / mobile they intend using along with the Remote Controller should at least have the following three sensors inbuilt in the hardware.
a)   Compass
b)   GPS
c)   Accelerometer

If all three are present all the features of DJI Go4 App will be enabled and give perfect performance. If not, the drone flight will be risky.
Cheers!
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rattanbir. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter.  Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Go 4 recommended mobile device list in the future. In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2021-9-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"If all three are present all the features of DJI Go4 App will be enabled and give perfect performance"

Hmmm, that seems very optimistic. Those 3 parameters are far less that the real-world requirements. Just having those 3 does not guarantee good performance. Unfortunately (or fortunately as I think) we have to trust DJI to have researched this for us and advised us on our selection.
2021-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now