Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Gen1 Battery overheating
711 4 2021-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all

I have been flying with my Mavic Air Gen1 with a PGY Tech 1/4" mount where I mounted DJI Pocket on top and flying and videoing.  It works interestingly well (perfectly balance), then I put it to sport mode and continue flying.  After I landed, a message on DJI go app informing the battery has overheated.  

Is extra load causing the overheating?  
If I am planning to fly with additional load, what is the threshold temperature I should be aware of?   
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David-Air. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( PGY Tech 1/4" mount ) placed on your DJI Mavic Air. The said mount and weight of the DJI camera might affect the performance of your DJI Mavic Air that is why you are having this issue. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-9-6
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 22:27
Hello there David-Air. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( PGY Tech 1/4" mount ) placed on your DJI Mavic Air. The said mount and weight of the DJI camera might affect the performance of your DJI Mavic Air that is why you are having this issue. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.

Totally understood.  However, if there is not attachment on the drone.  Should I monitor battery temperature to ensure safe flying?
2021-9-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

David-Air Posted at 9-6 22:30
Totally understood.  However, if there is not attachment on the drone.  Should I monitor battery temperature to ensure safe flying?

Hello, there. For the temperature issue, we don't recommend fly with overload, against a gust of strong wind, or fly for long time. If the battery overheats, please turn it off and wait until it cools down. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-8
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-8 03:45
Hello, there. For the temperature issue, we don't recommend fly with overload, against a gust of strong wind, or fly for long time. If the battery overheats, please turn it off and wait until it cools down. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.

I properly overloading the drone with DJI pocket in sport mode.  I do notice the props are spinning a lot faster (can tell from the noise).  I will refrain from overloading again regardless.  I properly push the drone to it's max capability.  Thanks again.
2021-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules