Need help with imported shapefile positioning
724 3 2021-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wfudrone
lvl.1
United States

When I draw a polygon boundary and import the shapefile into the RC, often the boundray edge/vertex is off a few feet out in the field. Is there a way to shift the entire boundary on the RC? Or even better, is there a way to draw the polygon so that it is more accurate to begin with? Or is it possible to input known GPS coordinates into the D-RTK?
For some background info, I am drawing my polygon shapefiles in ArcGIS Desktop. I have a known GPS position out in the field that I have surveyed and field planting is done by drawing tractor control files in ArcGIS based off that known point. I use a mobile Trimble RTK base station that I set up on my known GPS point and input the known coordinates into. Any shapefile boundary that I draw in ArcGIS can be imported into the tractor/planter/sprayer and it lines up within an inch. When attempting to spray an area with my T-10, I set up the D-RTK station and let it run for about 30 minutes in the hopes of acquiring a more accurate GPS solution but when I load a shapfile boundary into the T-10 it is often off by 5-10 feet.
2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, wfudrone.  For your issue, is it possible to input known GPS coordinates into the D-RTK?
The answer is, Yes, it is possible to input known GPS coordinates into the D-RTK.
Please input the GPS coordinates in RTK settings-advance settings.
Note: The coordinates should be under the WGS coordinate system.
2021-9-8
Use props
wfudrone
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-8 02:32
Hello, wfudrone.  For your issue, is it possible to input known GPS coordinates into the D-RTK?
The answer is, Yes, it is possible to input known GPS coordinates into the D-RTK.
Please input the GPS coordinates in RTK settings-advance settings.

Thank you. I will give that a try!
2021-9-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

wfudrone Posted at 9-8 08:47
Thank you. I will give that a try!

You are most welcome. Should there be any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules