Sony A7S III - Playback doesn't work when using USB-C
3669 1 2021-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nJHec3jgab68
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi,

When I connect DJI RS 2 to Sony A7S III using USB-C cable, the video playback function in the camera doesn't work. The only workaround I found is to unplug the cable anytime I need to review the footage.

Alternativly, connecting with Sony Multi enables playback feature, but doesn't seem to make it possible to control camera from DJI RS 2 (e.g. changing ISO with fron dial etc).

Is there any way of connecting the gimbal and camera so that playback function works but it's still possible to control camera with front dial?

Thanks!
2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
When Ronin-S / Ronin-SC and DJI RS 2/DJI RSC 2 work with Sony series cameras, using a USB-C control line, it is possible that the camera will be incapable of playing back. You should turn the gimbal into sleep mode and use the playback function as we mentioned about the compatibility.
Could you please check whether there is a setting called "PC Remote Function" in the Camera Settings after you use the USB-C control line.
When selecting “PC Only” in “PC Remote Function”, the camera cannot play back photos and videos. At this time, it is necessary to unplug the control cable or make the motor enter Sleep mode.
When selecting “PC + Camera” in “PC Remote Function”, the camera can play back photos and videos, and it is unnecessary to unplug the control cable or make the motor enter Sleep mode.
Note: This instruction is performed without connecting the image transmission module to the device. When the device is equipped with the image transmission module, and the camera is outputting through HDMI, if entering the playback page at this time, the camera will cut off the screen display, and the photos or videos will be displayed on the HDMI screen, which is a feature of the camera.

2021-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules