Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nitnaros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36781 ft
United States

Hi folks,
New to the forum with < 1 week of flying (learning) the 2S (northern NJ);
experienced photographer, and stills & hyperlapses are among my strong motivators for getting into drones.

I haven’t been able to figure out what conditions cause  the camera angle warnings in the app when setting up waypoints for hyperlapses....

Does the drone fly straight from waypoint to waypoint ( meaning no drone body rotation relative to the direct line to the next waypoint) and uses only gimbal rotation to match the specified viewing direction for a given waypoint? That wouldn’t explain, though, the warning of ‘angle too low’ during the waypoint setup.

... Just not sure how these viewing angle warnings of ‘too low’, ‘too large’ are caused.

Appreciate any guidance!

Bye, Peter

2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Peter. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For optimal performance, it is suggested to use Hyperlapse at an altitude higher than 50m and to set a distance of at least 2 seconds between the interval time and shutter. For reference I will post a DJI tutorial video on How to create a Hyperlapse. Thank you.

2021-9-7
Use props
Nitnaros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36781 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 19:35
Hello there Peter. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For optimal performance, it is suggested to use Hyperlapse at an altitude higher than 50m and to set a distance of at least 2 seconds between the interval time and shutter. For reference I will post a DJI tutorial video on How to create a Hyperlapse. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJiIj5BaOA0

thank you, Steven, for that video link;
I have actually seen the video before I posted here.

It doesn't explain what the reasons for the camera angle warnings in the app are when setting a waypoint on the Air2S

bye, Peter
2021-9-8
Use props
Marcus KRX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381122 ft
Brazil

Hello guys! I am facing the same issue. Could you solve it or still remains? Thanx.
2022-11-30
Use props
JWP1504
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26693 ft

Australia

Did anyone figure this out? I'm having the same issue.
If I change the altitude and /or rotate the drone, I get the same error messages.
But I've watched the YT videos and some people are changing altitude and rotating the drone with no issues at all.
Is it a certain setting or something??
I also noticed that i cant change the length of the video, the only option i have is 2 seconds
2023-3-26
Use props
JWP1504
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26693 ft

Australia

Marcus KRX Posted at 2022-11-30 15:18
Hello guys! I am facing the same issue. Could you solve it or still remains? Thanx.

I was having the same issues. It turns out that the waypoints we were setting, are too close to each other! They need to space between them. The more space, the larger the allowed angle.
https://youtu.be/G3MK8KrAKXw
2023-3-28
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

JWP1504 Posted at 3-28 02:08
I was having the same issues. It turns out that the waypoints we were setting, are too close to each other! They need to space between them. The more space, the larger the allowed angle.
https://youtu.be/G3MK8KrAKXw

This comment is correct. The bigger the distance the further you can smoothly turn in that distance. A large turn in a short distance would create undesired jarring effect in the hyper-lapse.
2023-3-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It's a warning to help make the Hyperlapse more cinematic. All you need to do is yaw and move until the warning goes away. It's simple and works.
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules