Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi there,
I mounted an insta360 one r on my DJI fpv drone. Once I switch the insta360 one r on the drone loses the GPS signal, goes down from 20 statellites to 5 or even 0.

It doesn't happen when I mount a GoPro Hero 6 so it doesn't seem to be the position of the mount.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to turn of wireless in the 360 camera as it seems to mess up the GPS signal only when turned on?

Thanks.
2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Depp. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our felloe DJI co pilots who have mounted the Insta360 on there DJI drones can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. The said camera's signal might have interfered with the said DJI Drone that is why you are having this issue. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you mount it under the drone instead of on top,   thats how Ive seen it mounted on normal drones.
2021-9-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I had the same thing and I tried 3 mounts. Each one in a different location with 3 different hang-ups.

2021-9-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

SgtRay Posted at 9-8 01:07
I had the same thing and I tried 3 mounts. Each one in a different location with 3 different hang-ups.
https://youtu.be/jxg5HiZw6hE

Interesting - thanks.
I was just trying it out, didn't really have a use case for 360.
I would expect the drone to be cooler when you fly instead of hover because you have the wind to cool it.
2021-9-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 23:48
Can you mount it under the drone instead of on top,   thats how Ive seen it mounted on normal drones.

Yes, that would be possible but I'd have to use a difference mount... I just installed the mount for a GoPro and just tried it with the 360...
2021-9-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 22:45
Hello there Depp. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our felloe DJI co pilots who have mounted the Insta360 on there DJI drones can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. The said camera's signal might have interfered with the said DJI Drone that is why you are having this issue. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you and fly safe always.

Hello Stephen,
I understand your concern. I want to mount a GoPro because I'm unhappy with the picture quality of the built-in camera.
I think DJI could fix it:  
a) make the midtones lighter
b) give us something like Reelsteady to work on the footage afterwards.
I don't really like putting another camera on top of the drone but I risked it because of picture quality.
2021-9-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Depp Posted at 9-8 04:32
Interesting - thanks.
I was just trying it out, didn't really have a use case for 360.
I would expect the drone to be cooler when you fly instead of hover because you have the wind to cool it.

The one video I did get it still got hot. Forward flight does help with air flow but only to a degree. And remember I live in a desert. And the altitude has an effect no matter what temperature it is.

I've seen videos where they don't have a problem. But I would guess the temperature is lower and so is the altitude.

I also found during the testing that the angle that you lean the camera at does help in getting the satellites back
2021-9-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

SgtRay Posted at 9-8 07:05
The one video I did get it still got hot. Forward flight does help with air flow but only to a degree. And remember I live in a desert. And the altitude has an effect no matter what temperature it is.

I've seen videos where they don't have a problem. But I would guess the temperature is lower and so is the altitude.

Yes, I guess the climate at the place is important. I don't think that'll be a problem in mid and northern Europe...
Interesting with the angle.
I just wanted to try it. I want to fly with a GoPro and that was no problem in respect to the GPS.
2021-9-8
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I fear the same ...
2021-9-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

What do you fear?
2021-9-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Depp Posted at 9-9 03:29
What do you fear?

... that the drone loses the GPS signal, if something is mounted at the very top (above the GPS receiver)!
2021-9-9
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 9-9 06:27
... that the drone loses the GPS signal, if something is mounted at the very top (above the GPS receiver)!

Yes, possibly, but I've seem quite a few videos of people doing just that...
2021-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules