1234Next >
67618 156 2021-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3rdDown
lvl.1
United States

Interpol Posted at 9-8 06:28
Looks like the same junky magnetic phone clamp that everyone was complaining about on the OM4.

Yeah. Now that they are clearly placing this product as a social media toy those with cases (everyone) who pulls there phone out of their pocket has to pull off their cover to get it to stay on the clamp. What they could have done is include an appropriate magnet to attach it to iPhones with MagSafe. I have used this and it’s’ not stable.
2021-9-19
Use props
3rdDown
lvl.1
United States

Small lightweight and responsive could describe the last two versions. I started to use them on shoots and found the setup and controls were solid and stable. Which is the entire point of a gimbal. The OSMO 4 finally figured out how to deal with getting the phone in you pocket onto the gimbal quickly with their magnet mount. Feedback came asking them to put a pass through magnet accessory so they could capture pro users who are using their iPhones on shoots. Do they respond. No. They ignore the input. With smartphone cameras now getting looks from pros who are dropping their DSLR cameras in favor of iPhones (look at this year’s numbers DJI), DJI cannibalizes a solid gimbal and decides to make is a selfie gimbal. I’ve used it and the controls are aware for serious video and those with bigger hands. I am now working with another company on bringing MagSafe to their solid gimbal and think it will be a winner. This is a race to the bottom of a low margin market.
2021-9-19
Use props
Beachscriber
lvl.1

South Africa

I'm looking at buying an OM5 but my phone is a Galaxy Note8 and that is not on the list of compatible devices. However, the Galaxy S8 is listed as compatible and the phones are very similar - same cameras - so I'm wondering if it will still work on my phone. Do you know or is there some way of finding out from anyone who has experience with the Note 8 and the OM5? Like is there someone here or is there a bigger public forum on which I can ask?

PS: Is there some way of searching this forum?
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_nieLncQw9h0H
New

United States

I can't install DJI Mimo app for the Osmo 5. Anyone else having the same problem?
2021-9-22
Use props
Beachscriber
lvl.1

South Africa

This forum seems useless and full of spam. The manufacturer appears to pay no attention to it.
2021-9-24
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

I really like the OM5 so far.  
2021-9-24
Use props
FireGrisou_Off
New

Switzerland

Hello !
The Iphone 6S is compatible ?
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK
New

United States

Hello, I would love to be able to have a sky-tracking mode on the DJI Osmo Mobile 5 in order to take beautiful sky photos. It isn't too hard to implement, either: - The phone's GPS location can easily be harnessed to know the user's latitude and longitude and thereby compute the proper inclination of the gimbal required to align with the ecliptic plane. - The phone's compass can be used to track the North and allow for full alignment. For refined alignment, a custom heading offset can easily be added by the user, akin to what the Night Sky app offers. - The three-axis gimbal already allows for smooth tracking of objects, so having it follow a elliptical path portion at a set speed (360/86,164 deg/s) is already possible (software-enabled).  Long exposure isn't difficult to achieve, and BULB shooting would be ideal — perfect with a gimbal to stabilize the camera, too .   So all the hardware is present and this would make for an amazing selling point too, appealing to photographers as well as videomakers.  Since the OM5 has now been released and the new build of the Mimo app along with it has this request been built into the Mimo app?  Did this request make it into the software roadmap?  If so where is sky tracking in the pipeline?  Just picked up my first gimbal (the OM5) and if it can do sky tracking it would be a GAME CHANGER for my astrophotography content creation.    DJI, please make this happen!
2021-10-4
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK Posted at 10-4 11:37
Hello, I would love to be able to have a sky-tracking mode on the DJI Osmo Mobile 5 in order to take beautiful sky photos. It isn't too hard to implement, either: - The phone's GPS location can easily be harnessed to know the user's latitude and longitude and thereby compute the proper inclination of the gimbal required to align with the ecliptic plane. - The phone's compass can be used to track the North and allow for full alignment. For refined alignment, a custom heading offset can easily be added by the user, akin to what the Night Sky app offers. - The three-axis gimbal already allows for smooth tracking of objects, so having it follow a elliptical path portion at a set speed (360/86,164 deg/s) is already possible (software-enabled).  Long exposure isn't difficult to achieve, and BULB shooting would be ideal — perfect with a gimbal to stabilize the camera, too .   So all the hardware is present and this would make for an amazing selling point too, appealing to photographers as well as videomakers.  Since the OM5 has now been released and the new build of the Mimo app along with it has this request been built into the Mimo app?  Did this request make it into the software roadmap?  If so where is sky tracking in the pipeline?  Just picked up my first gimbal (the OM5) and if it can do sky tracking it would be a GAME CHANGER for my astrophotography content creation.    DJI, please make this happen!

I doubt the motors in these gimbals are fine enough to do celestial tracking. Typically, that requires very precisely geared motors in an alt-azimuth mount in order to cancel out earths rotation.
2021-10-6
Use props
smb1950
New
Flight distance : 162283 ft
Canada

Hello OM5 users!
I just took it for a walk along a forest trail using my iPhone X to see how smooth it would make the video clips.
Result: not much smoother than the phone on its own!
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? How do I eliminate the up & down motion of my footsteps? Can it actually do this?
Also panning seemed jerky.
I'm a newbie. Any help would be appreciated!
2021-10-8
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

smb1950 Posted at 10-8 14:19
Hello OM5 users!
I just took it for a walk along a forest trail using my iPhone X to see how smooth it would make the video clips.
Result: not much smoother than the phone on its own!

Gimbals don’t typically mitigate the up and down bounce of your steps. You need to ninja walk minimizing the bounce and as much upper body movements as possible.
2021-10-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I purchased one on impulse as I’d convinced myself I’d have used my Osmo 2 more had it been more compact and easier to attach my phone. Feedback so far is mixed. It’s ok but I find the primary reason to have one (I.e stability) is worse than the Osmo 2 I had. It doesn’t compensate well because the base of the unit is at a slight angle when rotating. Being honest I’m a little disappointed.
2021-10-13
Use props
djiuser_JJtjhqO6595J
New

Vietnam

I have just buy Osmo5 two day ago.
But I cannot use the app DJI MIMO to connect the gimbal. It said that cannot found gimbal.
But my phone can see and connect to the gimbal by bluetooth. The wifi is good also.
I used Samsung J7 pro and Samsung A71.
Both cannot work with the gimbal.
So is that DJI OSMO 5 cannot use with Samsung j7 pro or samsung A71?
Or what wrong with app DJI MIMO ?

Please help me.
Thank you.
2021-10-16
Use props
djiuser_oMuanW6T0FhG
New

France

Bonjour

DJI should provide an accessory to be able to put an external microphone!
Even via a paid option!
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_XddVxk7ciXhh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127316 ft
Australia

djiuser_PhuBST9HrdGc Posted at 10-11 03:50
This testimony is worth sharing to the world. I am here to tell the world of the good works of  Dr BALBOSA. My name is Olivia Bolton am from the UK.. My man left me and my kids for another older woman. It was not so easy for me.. I love my husband so much and I did not lose hope and I kept praying and God finally answered my prayers...i searched online for a spell caster to help me unite me and my lover back forever and i saw so many testimonies of  how DR BALBOSA has helped so many people online and i decided to give him a trial … I contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry that he will bring back my man within 24 hours. He consulted his powers and assured me not to worry . He did his work and cast the spell and to my greatest surprise, my husband came back the same day begging and crying  just as  Dr BALBOSA said. He begged me for forgiveness and he promised never to leave me for any reason. We are happy and we live together as one. Contact Dr BALBOSA now and be happy forever. dont lose hope and good luck..

WHATSAPP AND CALL: +1(206) 485-3691

HAHAHAHAHA

WAIT….

You’re Serious,,,

HAHAHAHA
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_yS78QLEY5x83
New
Bulgaria

Brand new om 5 green and red keep blinking. It's a failed firmware update, but how to fix it?
2021-10-20
Use props
merrypork
New

Pakistan

can DJI om5 support the editing. i am using the editing app to make the shot more beautiful so i want to navigate more
https://getinshotproapk.com/
2021-10-21
Use props
merrypork
New

Pakistan

can DJI om5 support the editing. i am using the editing app to make the shot more beautiful so i want to navigate more
weblink
2021-10-21
Use props
classiczone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1524875 ft
New Zealand

Just Purchased Dji Osmo 5

I can say I’m less than impressed. I’m using this on my Electric Scooter I do live Streaming and cannot use Mimo app due to no support to Bigo app. Problem I have is Tripod feature is great to have but it pivots on over every bump making this feature render less. I’m not using official dji bike bracket but have one on order hopefully this will make a difference but personally pivoting too loose
image.jpg
2021-10-21
Use props
djiuser_Ne4x6IwHo7Aa
New

Japan

DJI OM5 doesn't connect with my Galaxy note 10+ (android 11). I try everything, but doesn't work
2021-10-22
Use props
Ivotun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219872 ft
Brazil

When we will have an app for Android with same features of the iOS?
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_Nr40Xi8Bmb9h
New

United Kingdom

fansf7b35d74 Posted at 9-11 06:08
Hey DJI and all ... Received my OM5 today.

Can't connect it to the Mimo app though.

We have had the same issue. Opened up the osmo5 for a birthday present and bitterly disappointed we can't even connect to start.
2021-10-24
Use props
elijahjames
lvl.3

Algeria

Seems pretty good, I like it.

2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_P0ohTjBGDPCY
New

United Arab Emirates

The app not working correctly with my phone samsung S21 ultra
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_esnig6GgOhUx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 620869 ft
France

Hu. I m french. In can t find the manual mode?!?!?!
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_esnig6GgOhUx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 620869 ft
France

Hi. I'm french so excuse me for my poor english. I've a Huawei P30 and a om5. I don't find the manual mode on Mimo. You know why? My version of mimo is 1.7.0.
Thanks
2021-11-2
Use props
Анастасия Юрьевна
New

Ukraine

How to change in story mode - horizontal rotate to vertical rotate?
I need story for Instagram, not for YouTube!
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_8fqGqjqMaHeW
New

Russia

Hi friends, who has a Google Pixel 3,4,5, please see and tell me if the zoom and shutter buttons work in the standard camera application?
Thanks!
2021-11-5
Use props
Epic Videos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118671 ft
Australia

Any chance there’s a bigger magnetic clasp in the works that can hold the iPhone 13 Pro Max with a case? The current one is such a stretch that it slowly loosens the grip on the phone. Maybe a design with rubber holders on the end? That should keep it in place.
I love the footage I get from it on my phone, but really don’t want to have to take my case off all the time. And it’s literally just the Apple silicon case too. Maybe Smallrig or tilta have something in the works.
2021-11-6
Use props
Epic Videos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118671 ft
Australia

Анастасия Юрьевна Posted at 11-3 08:06
How to change in story mode - horizontal rotate to vertical rotate?
I need story for Instagram, not for YouTube!

Double press the rotate button. When I’m doubt, read a manual. Like all of life’s dilemmas.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_mNvWDv22aafZ
New

India

Hello All,
I just bought DJI OM 5 from Amazon seller and have these queries, please help
1) How to verify if I got a genuine product or fake (The lock symbol on Gimbal is not printed, instead a white dot is there, hence the doubt)
2) I am using iPhone 12 mini and the Camera controls like zoom, record, switch camera is not working by Gimbal's button (they work fine in DJI Mimi app)
3) How do we know about the warranty of the product
Thanks
2021-11-7
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_mNvWDv22aafZ Posted at 11-7 06:34
Hello All,
I just bought DJI OM 5 from Amazon seller and have these queries, please help
1) How to verify if I got a genuine product or fake (The lock symbol on Gimbal is not printed, instead a white dot is there, hence the doubt)

If it completely sucks and doesn’t work properly then you definitely got an authentic DJI OM5
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_l8rTgeF77qtK
New

Belarus

I have Sony Xperia 5 II, but unfortunately, the application does not support the use of the full functionality of the camera. I have not found how I can shoot video at 4k 120 fps. in the settings only full HD
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_mNvWDv22aafZ
New

India

MiamiC70 Posted at 11-7 09:01
If it completely sucks and doesn’t work properly then you definitely got an authentic DJI OM5

Hahahaha...... good one
2021-11-7
Use props
starrtiktokk
lvl.1

India

Thanks for the tips!
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_JFpNSAfynrrz
New

Mauritius

fans03bf0071 Posted at 9-19 06:48
dl the latest mimo app from dji

Has it worked? I also own a Pixel 4a and considering buying the OM 5 but am not sure if it will connect to my phone.
2021-11-10
Use props
DjiFan69
New

Indonesia

Why does om 5 not support Samsung S21+, Why does it supports S21 and not s21+?
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_Nhw4NaFuNmpU
lvl.1

United States

Unable to use my Rode VideoMic Pro + with Mimo?  Mimo defaults to iPhone 13 pro mic and ignores external mic?  Mic works fine with apple app?
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_GsSQ6dIcnEPt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214826 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-8 18:47
Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the positive feedback you have given for the DJI OM5. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.  .

Someone i someone is going to pay for my mini and my pills!!!
2021-11-11
Use props
starrtiktokk
lvl.1

India

I have not found how I can shoot video at 4k 120 fps. in the settings only full HD    vidmate app mobdro app
2021-11-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules