67583 156 2021-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI today launches DJI OM 5, a powerful yet easy-to-operate solution to help users effortlessly elevate their smartphone content creation. The latest addition to the popular Osmo Mobile series, the DJI OM 5 smartphone stabilizer has been upgraded with a new phone clamp and compact design complete with a built-in extension rod, and is smaller and lighter than any of its predecessors. Surpassing the possibilities of a traditional smartphone stabilizer, DJI OM5 features DJI’s industry-leading 3-axis stabilization technology, a brand new ShotGuides feature, and improved ActiveTrack 4.0. Available in two new beautiful eye-catching colors, Sunset White and Athens Grey, DJI OM 5 helps users capture ultra-steady, unique video content with just a few taps.
om5-1.png

“With the iterations of the DJI OM smartphone stabilizers over the years, we have been aiming to lower the threshold of professional and high-quality shooting by offering users more accessible and helpful tools for their everyday activities,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI. “For those who rely on their smartphones, the DJI OM 5 is your ultimate compact, technologically advanced gimbal - any time you want to create footage of your most memorable moments.”

Upgraded Design Makes It More Versatile

DJI OM 5 features DJI’s iconic foldable design and packs DJI's high-grade 3-axis gimbal technology into a portable and compact body, one-third smaller than its predecessor. Whether you’re taking a road trip, making video calls with friends or family, or vlogging your daily activities, DJI OM 5 serves as the perfect companion for all of life’s adventures.

om5-2.png
Palm-sized when folded, DJI OM 5 features a newly designed clamp that goes over the smartphone’s case, provides better protection and is compatible with even more smartphone models than its predecessor. DJI OM 5 also offers an innovative built-in extension rod, which provides dynamic angles and shooting possibilities for content creation. By adding one more button to the handle, users can access and control the core features and functions of DJI OM 5 with more ease.

om5-3.png

Master Every Shot

Capture compelling moments smoother with the help of DJI’s renowned 3-axis stabilization technology, which fully supports walking and sports scenarios and helps to take your content to the next level. For those who are new to videography, you can rely on the new ShotGuides feature which provides up to 30 sets of pre-set shooting tutorials and supports automatic editing into one polished video. The newly updated ActiveTrack 4.0 now supports tracking at up to 3x zoom at 5 m/s, and precisely identifies and steadily follows the subject centered in frame, even while in action. Other professional-grade features and pre-programmed shooting modes that make your content stand out include:

●      Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 5, perfect for capturing an epic selfie or group footage without a finicky self-timer.
●      DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, DJI OM 5 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
●      Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using Timelapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or Hyperlapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy.
●      Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3x3 panorama, 240°panorama and “CloneMe” panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
●      Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
●      Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the pre-set templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 5 uses pre-set movements, music and color palettes for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
●      Glamour Effects: Supports automatic retouching and customized parameter settings. Glamour Effects will be automatically activated when switching to the front-facing camera.

om5-4.png

Useful Accessories to Make it Better

The new Fill Light Phone Clamp is a magnetic clamp with a built-in auxiliary light, which comes in handy by adding some perfect glows for your photos and videos and will be your must-have accessory for DJI OM 5. DJI OM 5 is also supported by other useful accessories including a wrist strap, a grip tripod and storage pouch.

om5-6.png
DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh, the comprehensive protection plan for DJI products, is now available for DJI OM 5. For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh provides 2 replacement units in 1 year, covering accidents like water and impact damage. The 2-year plan provides 3 replacement units in 2 years and extends the original warranty period by one more year. Other exclusive services of DJI Care Refresh include International Warranty Service, exclusive technical service and free shipping. For a full list of details, please visit: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh

om5-7.png

Pricing and Availability
DJI OM 5 is available in two finish options, Sunset White and Athens Gray, for the retail price of $159 which includes a magnetic clamp, tripod, power cable, wrist strap and storage pouch. Both options are available for purchase today fromstore.dji.com and will be available in other channels at a later date. The Fill Light Phone Clamp is sold separately for the retail price of $59 and will be available at a later date. For more information, please visit: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-om-5

2021-9-8
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Is that it?  Nothing for the droners?
2021-9-8
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems pretty good but shame the extension part couldnt be powered or pull out. Would be nice to be able to have a latch inside so it could be unlatched and extended manually or latched and extended under power so the heigh angle could be changed during filming without having to stop the shot, it would obviously trade off agaisnt battery time but would have made for some more interesting video perspectives
2021-9-8
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dr6583 Posted at 9-8 05:06

My thoughts entirely.  Just what the whole world was waiting for; yet another gimbal for your mobile.  Ground-breaking....    
2021-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2021-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dr6583 Posted at 9-8 05:06

It was the only logical release based on the ad they shared.
There is no current product (other than OM) that was at their 4th iteration.
So it had to be the next OM.
2021-9-8
Use props
IGOR68
lvl.2

Russia

Good afternoon. I'm sorry for my English. I'm from Russia. I am writing to this Handicap through a translator. I looked at the picture of the new OM5 a little disappointed. Again, marketers have defeated engineers. The hinge joint will quickly fail when actively used. And also a loop with control wires. We all remember how happily we bought small folding phones and how soon we carried them for repair. I hope DJI engineers have overcome this problem. PS. A former employee of a cell phone repair company
2021-9-8
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was not impressed with OM4, but the built in extension and lights are definitely great design improvements. I may actually move up from the OM3 for this.
2021-9-8
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like the same junky magnetic phone clamp that everyone was complaining about on the OM4.
2021-9-8
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Remember the days of expo centers seeing t he booth of DJI and their Team Sales marketing. they are gone

Send me one to review please even the OA2 I keep hush hush to opening day

2021-9-8
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

lol ..... 5   Rofl
2021-9-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2021-9-8
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

DJI Panda .... the forum is Plenty of spammers Again .... please do something .....
2021-9-8
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Just what I thought, no 5K OA
2021-9-8
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

When you have a look at the phone compatibility list on the Samsung S10+ under Mobile Phone Camera Control its blank. Can someone clarify what this means.
2021-9-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the positive feedback you have given for the DJI OM5. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2021-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-8 18:47
Hello there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for the positive feedback you have given for the DJI OM5. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.  .

You're welcome. You too!
2021-9-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks very nice.    Quite a bit of improvement over OM3 and OM4.  
2021-9-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I wonder if we can put the OA on  the OM5
2021-9-9
Use props
Frank Alonso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

Mine should arrive Monday.  Going to test the gimble with a case and Moment Lens.  Let see what it can do.
2021-9-9
Use props
fansf7b35d74
New
Flight distance : 53350 ft
United Kingdom

Hey DJI and all ... Received my OM5 today.

Can't connect it to the Mimo app though.
It never ever finds the device. I've tried multiple sequences, including pairing the device directly on my phone Bluetooth (it's visible and pairs).
However, in the app ... nothing happens.

I also tried to follow the manual instructions to reset Bluetooth connection without success. The combination on the manual never get the led light from green to yellow.
FYI the led indicator is always blinking green, which I believe means stand-by. Never got yellow or a solid green (even when connected to the phone Bluetooth, as described above).

Any idea?

Thanks
B
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_BfwOt5jsEVMz
lvl.1

United States

Will the om5 work with a 12pro Max and a Otterbox case?
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 9-8 21:59
You're welcome. You too!

Hi there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_aAld7rE4rAzd
New
Slovenia

I'm really disappointed on DJI company.
I have a om 4 and still not support for 21 ultra and new phones....
I question myself why I need om5 it's still same bad product :/
DJI have still bad support for users :/
2021-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-12 20:25
Hi there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always.  .

I most def. will!
2021-9-13
Use props
mavicair2tw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

Is Mavic 3 Pro coming up next soon or before Christmas?
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_fDL1Ly9Ok30S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansf7b35d74 Posted at 9-11 06:08

Are you using an android phone as the google play version DJI Mimo app is an old one and you have to download version 1.6 on the DJI website to recognise the om5. Hope this helps
2021-9-15
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Looks very nice!
2021-9-15
Use props
IPA Brew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 538120 ft
United States

djiuser_fDL1Ly9Ok30S Posted at 9-15 08:15
Are you using an android phone as the google play version DJI Mimo app is an old one and you have to download version 1.6 on the DJI website to recognise the om5. Hope this helps

Thanks for the vital tip!!  Unfortunately I wasted at least an hour attempting to connect.   One of the issues with getting first developed tech!  This needs to be broadcast in a big way by DJI!!.   
However, all worth it!    Love the gimbal!
2021-9-16
Use props
djiuser_y9BYdzFeLFot
lvl.1

Netherlands

I got the OM5 yesterday. I connected it with my phone and it works fine. I love it (first time dji owner) I have a Iphone 11 pro and I want to change the photo resolution in the app. I can in video mode but not in photo mode. It makes very small photo's in the app (like 1.5 mb) even for the panorama's. I want it to take full advantage from the resolution of the camera of my phone. But I can't make it work in the app. I connected the phone, upgrade the app (and the Om5) but it doesn't give me resolution options for the photo camera. It only gives "frame' " flash" ect. Please help!

2021-9-17
Use props
fans70543215
New
Germany

i received today - i find a 4k video filmed with an iPhone 12mini very “jitter”  not sure if theres an option i must activate
on 12mini the mimo App will not match the Screen

@dji - will it support iPhone 13?
2021-9-17
Use props
parsival
New

Germany

fansf7b35d74 Posted at 9-11 06:08

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S10 (Android 11) and therefore will return this unfinished ... again ...
2021-9-17
Use props
Davedoubledecks
lvl.2
United Kingdom

parsival Posted at 9-17 08:53
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S10 (Android 11) and therefore will return this unfinished ... again ...

Android users need to download version 1.6 on this website. Google  store version is still on 1.5.4. Hope this helps

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-9-17
Use props
fans03bf0071
lvl.2
Flight distance : 605748 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Davedoubledecks Posted at 9-17 12:03
Android users need to download version 1.6 on this website. Google  store version is still on 1.5.4. Hope this helps

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Had the same issue dl from DJI works great now
2021-9-17
Use props
djiuser_s2gzuZXHUIJ5
New

Netherlands

Hey All reader's,

Today I'm a New owner of a Dji Om 5, using Samsung S20 and iPhone 11.

Still having trouble for the device om 5 to recognise Samsung S20.

However, Om 5 instantly picked up IOS connection
2021-9-17
Use props
djiuser_s2gzuZXHUIJ5
New

Netherlands

fans03bf0071 Posted at 9-17 22:49
Had the same issue dl from DJI works great now

Thanks for the tip!
2021-9-17
Use props
fans03bf0071
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I can confirm the dl mimo from DJI works on my s20 s10+ and my new galaxy flip 3 https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-9-18
Use props
Davedoubledecks
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Great video below on setting up the DJI om5 with a few tips..
https://youtu.be/L7OFq2pUiTQ
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_sauBN5VPyOMf
New

United States

My new OM5 cannot connect to DJI Mimo on my Pixel 4a but works fine on Iphone, how to fix it?
2021-9-18
Use props
fans03bf0071
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_sauBN5VPyOMf Posted at 9-18 22:24
My new OM5 cannot connect to DJI Mimo on my Pixel 4a but works fine on Iphone, how to fix it?

dl the latest mimo app from dji
2021-9-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules