Crystal Sky Firmware update FAILURE!!!!!
1801 5 2021-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexii18
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone,

Someone please help, I purchased my CS a little over a year ago and when I used it I was in a hot area and I got the overheating message on it which i thought it was odd considering that I got the CS so it wouldnt overheat since I live in Florida everywhere I go will be hot and i almost crashed my Mavic 2 pro because of overheating issues on my phone. Now the other day i was doing a job and ended up getting the dam overheating message while inside the car with the A/C on i got upset and started looking on the web for comon issues and saw to try updating the firmware that is on DJI site and decided to do that, put it on the sd card and locally updated it and got this. Now its unsusable. PLEASE HELP. I should have just gotten an ipad mini, would have been cheaper than this ....

thumbnail_IMG_9880.jpg thumbnail_IMG_9879.jpg
2021-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-10
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For me this is a hardware issue , so dji repair...
2021-9-13
Use props
alexii18
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-10 23:17
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello,

I already had spoken to someone from DJI that told me to send the item in. But this is extremely frustrating because DJI doesn't care that their customers are buying their product that has NO SUPPORT. How are you going to tell me that there is a firmware update or file on your site and upon uploading it it messes it up so it is not operational. what If I had a job and it relied on using that screen?

Also the screen keeps on overheating and on the specs on the DJI site it shows:

and this product overheats at 80-90 degree weather and even when inside the car with the A/C on? I mean HOW??????
Like I mentioned before, should have gotten the IPAD and called it good. I don't need an apology I need support and a solution.
2021-9-14
Use props
alexii18
lvl.1

United States

flyingfun Posted at 9-13 03:44
For me this is a hardware issue , so dji repair...

I agree completely, when I get my screen back if it is still overheating I will design a new case for it that has more vents or cut the case up so it can breathe more. Since I am already out of warranty who cares right. and if all else fails ill use it for target practice.
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

alexii18 Posted at 9-14 05:55
Hello,

I already had spoken to someone from DJI that told me to send the item in. But this is extremely frustrating because DJI doesn't care that their customers are buying their product that has NO SUPPORT. How are you going to tell me that there is a firmware update or file on your site and upon uploading it it messes it up so it is not operational. what If I had a job and it relied on using that screen?

Thank you for your response and we totally understand your frustration on this one. However, the best solution that we have right now is to send this product to us for us to properly assess the issue of the unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules