3958 5 2021-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

In the nomenclature in the user manual on page 5:
22. Front Dial

I used to be able to focus toward the background by pushing the dial with my index finger (I'm right-handed), and pulling my finger in would shift toward the foreground subject.  I don't know what I did, but it seems to be reversed now and that feels unnatural to me.

Not sure if it was a firmware update that changed that, but is there a way to reverse the direction of the front dial?
2021-9-8
Use props
NiccoQuinto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55295 ft
United States

You are correct and I am seeking the same answer.  DJI has not been good about this in the past (such as with the Mavic Series with the tilt wheel).  I'm not sure why it's so difficult for them to comprehend how important this is.

A quick fix is just mount the motor on the other side (mounting the rod clamp the high rise plate that comes with it).  Changing batteries and taking the camera on and off will become difficult, but it's the only way...

Also if anyone from DJI reads this, we need a short 12mm rail for your motor too.
2021-9-8
Use props
NiccoQuinto
lvl.1
United States

Another way to change direction of the focus is to invert the motor under the lens on the right side (filp motor around).  This doesn't always work depending on where the focus ring sits on the lens.
2021-9-8
Use props
NiccoQuinto
lvl.1
United States

Still no software fix for this?
2021-11-10
Use props
HUYZER
lvl.2
United States

NiccoQuinto Posted at 11-10 11:01
Still no software fix for this?

Ridiculous, right?  Sheesh!  Come on, DJI!

Oh!  And thank you for your suggestions.
2021-11-10
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HUYZER Posted at 11-10 11:31
Ridiculous, right?  Sheesh!  Come on, DJI!

Oh!  And thank you for your suggestions.

Here's a potential workaround.  Do a manual calibration and reverse your end points.  Maybe that will change the direction of focus wheel.
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules