DJI Care Refresh activation issues
4068 25 2021-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knitten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156079 ft
United States

Hi. I am posting here after spending over 10 hours on the phone with DJI support and Adorama in an attempt to resolve this issue. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

On 8/27/21, I purchased the DJI Air 2S drone and DJI Care Refresh warranty through the Adorama (third-party) website.
On 8/29/21, I received an email from Adorama containing my DJI Care Refresh activation code and instructions.
On 8/31/21, the DJI Air 2S drone was delivered.

I attempted to activate both the DJI Air 2S drone and DJI Care Refresh warranty (using the third-party code provided via email on 8/29) after the drone arrived on 8/31 and again on 9/1. However, when I input the activation code for my DJI Care Refresh warranty, the activation website stated the code was already expired.

I contacted DJI support via telephone twice on 9/1. The first time, I was forwarded to a different department where I left a message and never received a response. I then contacted Adorama, who told me I needed to contact DJI support to resolve the issue. I contacted DJI support again and was told I definitely needed to contact Adorama. I contacted Adorama twice on 9/1 and again on 9/2. Each time, I was told I needed to contact DJI support to resolve the issue, while DJI support told me to contact Adorama.

On 9/2, I requested escalation of my issue with Adorama's customer service department, where I was able to explain that both Adorama and DJI support stated that I needed to contact the other company to resolve the issue. Adorama's customer service department stated they would reach out to DJI support on my behalf to resolve the issue, and that I would receive a response and valid DJI Care Refresh activation code within 1-2 business days. They have not yet provided an update resolving the issue or providing the valid DJI Care Refresh activation code that I purchased. I attempted to follow up with Adorama on 9/7 and 9/8, but have received no further info.

On 9/7, I contacted DJI online support, where my issue was again escalated. I later received an email response stating "We understand that you bought the unit with DJI Care Refresh to dealer. However, upon checking the unit serial number ########## has no DJI Care Refresh plan record yet." I am not sure what this means, as both items were purchased at the same time through the same third party website, and I provided DJI with my proof of purchase. Although I was told my issue would be escalated and a different department would contact me, I have received no further updates or resolutions thus far.

I do not understand how I received a DJI Care Refresh activation code that expired before my drone arrived. I followed the instructions in Adorama's email very carefully and attempted to activate both the Air 2S drone and DJI Care Refresh package the same day my drone arrived. As explained above, I have not received the valid DJI Care Refresh activation code that I purchased, and since the DJI Care Refresh warranty needs to be activated within 48 hours of activating the Air 2S, I am currently unable to use my drone.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
2021-9-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the issue you've encountered. On my end, I'll have this concern and feedback forwarded to our designated team, thank you in advance for your patience.
2021-9-8
Use props
knitten
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, DJI Diana. I appreciate your help.
2021-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

knitten Posted at 9-8 16:37

Hi knitten, I sent you a PM regarding your case, please check it. Thank you.
2021-9-8
Use props
knitten
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to the help I received from DJI, this issue has been resolved. I really appreciate the help!
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

knitten Posted at 9-11 07:14
Thanks to the help I received from DJI, this issue has been resolved. I really appreciate the help!

Hi there. Thank you for letting us know the issue has been resolved. As always, should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Have a great weekend.
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_ZMtEucr2esnW
New
United Kingdom

Hi there!

Since this is about activation issues..

I bought the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Combo on 15th September 2021. I wanted to activate thhe Care Resfresh but as soon as I typed in the S/N code it says that it does not support my model.

I am wondering why that is. Maybe you can explain? Thank you!
2021-9-16
Use props
djiuser_ZMtEucr2esnW
New
United Kingdom

Since this about activation issues...

I bought the DJI OSMO MOBILE 3 COMBO on 15th September. Today I wanted to activate the Care Refresh but it says as soon as I type in the S/N that it does not support my model.
I am now wondering why. Maybe you can explain? Thank you

Edit: I have figured it out. Sometimes I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.
2021-9-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ZMtEucr2esnW Posted at 9-16 11:18
Since this about activation issues...

I bought the DJI OSMO MOBILE 3 COMBO on 15th September. Today I wanted to activate the Care Refresh but it says as soon as I type in the S/N that it does not support my model.

Hi there, I've managed to get the serial number of your Osmo Mobile 3 via your forum account, as per check, the DJI Care Refresh has been activated and is in valid status. Please check your service plan via this website: https://service.dji.com/djicare/inquiry
Hope this helps, thanks.

2021-9-16
Use props
djiuser_7sl2zi8hGiZE
New
United States

knitten Posted at 2021-9-8 16:37

You'll find that is a computer generated statement and dji has major issues.  I bought what you did from there online store and a csr rep is telling me I can fly on chat, and a different one is telling me I can't on email.  They send these fake responses, even here to make you feel better and don't do anything to help.  
2022-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7sl2zi8hGiZE Posted at 4-10 16:15
You'll find that is a computer generated statement and dji has major issues.  I bought what you did from there online store and a csr rep is telling me I can fly on chat, and a different one is telling me I can't on email.  They send these fake responses, even here to make you feel better and don't do anything to help.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We managed to find out your order number, and we noticed that our team has escalated your case. We will also forward it to the corresponding team for further check. If there is any update, we will get back to you. Hope you can wait patiently.
2022-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7sl2zi8hGiZE Posted at 4-10 16:15
You'll find that is a computer generated statement and dji has major issues.  I bought what you did from there online store and a csr rep is telling me I can fly on chat, and a different one is telling me I can't on email.  They send these fake responses, even here to make you feel better and don't do anything to help.

Hi there, thanks for your patience. The DJI Care Refresh has been activated. Please have a check. You can check it via this link. https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage
2022-4-10
Use props
djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245089 ft
United States

I am having the same issue with a dji fpv activation code from adorama. I reached out to adorama and was also told a new code may be sent to ne but I've yet to receiving anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ricker
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue with a dji fpv activation code from adorama. I reached out to adorama and was also told a new code may be sent to ne but I've yet to receiving anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ricker
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC Posted at 5-5 15:04

Ricker

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue you encountered. You purchased the DJI Care Refresh from Adorama, right? If so, you may need to ask them for a new activation code. We will also try to forward this issue to the corresponding team to see if they can help.
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-5 17:16
Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue you encountered. You purchased the DJI Care Refresh from Adorama, right? If so, you may need to ask them for a new activation code. We will also try to forward this issue to the corresponding team to see if they can help.
Thank you very much, I did notify Adorama for a new code, it just doesn't seem as though the customer service rep really knew what was going on. They asked for the code and the drone SN and said a new "card" may be sent in the next 24 hours. I told them that the code was sent via email and they seemed confused and said "well maybe youll get an email". Thank you again.
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC Posted at 5-6 00:46
Thank you very much, I did notify Adorama for a new code, it just doesn't seem as though the customer service rep really knew what was going on. They asked for the code and the drone SN and said a new "card" may be sent in the next 24 hours. I told them that the code was sent via email and they seemed confused and said "well maybe youll get an email". Thank you again.

Could you please tell us more details about the problem when you try to use the activation code? Has Adorama replied to you within 24 hours?
2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-6 03:15
Could you please tell us more details about the problem when you try to use the activation code? Has Adorama replied to you within 24 hours?

Thank you Mindy, it had been almost 24 hours and I was sent a confimation email when i purchased the drone and refresh care with the activation code and the url to the DJI website. Once there i entered the code that I was given, slide the bar, verified successfully but when i clicked next i got the already used erroe message pasted below

The activation code you entered was used. Please confirm it is entered correctly.
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_y1o0jFcSgnDC Posted at 5-6 05:17
Thank you Mindy, it had been almost 24 hours and I was sent a confimation email when i purchased the drone and refresh care with the activation code and the url to the DJI website. Once there i entered the code that I was given, slide the bar, verified successfully but when i clicked next i got the already used erroe message pasted below

The activation code you entered was used. Please confirm it is entered correctly.

Thanks for the detailed information. Could you please PM me the serial number of your drone as well as the activation code for a further check?
2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_CFIjNZ4KVSmR
New
Canada

Hi there

I recently got a DJI mini 3 drone and a care refresh plan with it but I have input the code a dozen times now on the RC that came with it going through the setup process and it keeps saying the activiation code does not exist. I would like help, thank you.

2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CFIjNZ4KVSmR Posted at 12-31 03:25
Hi there

I recently got a DJI mini 3 drone and a care refresh plan with it but I have input the code a dozen times now on the RC that came with it going through the setup process and it keeps saying the activiation code does not exist. I would like help, thank you.

Hi there, you are recommended to send the serial number and the activation code to us via email at djicare@dji.com for further verification and assistance.
2023-12-31
Use props
tsiwo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104131 ft
Germany

Hey DJI I've a similar Problem, i bought a DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo @Mediamarkt and ordered a DJI Care Refresh with Amazon. Now after checking the Action 2 in my account, it states that this action 2 were already activated more than a year ago which leads to my care refresh activation problem. Any way to resolve this?
1-20 16:04
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tsiwo Posted at 1-20 16:04
Hey DJI I've a similar Problem, i bought a DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo @Mediamarkt and ordered a DJI Care Refresh with Amazon. Now after checking the Action 2 in my account, it states that this action 2 were already activated more than a year ago which leads to my care refresh activation problem. Any way to resolve this?

Hi there, may I know if the DJI Action 2 was purchased new or used? Could you please provide the serial number to me for further confirm first?

Normally, if the camera is working well, you can send a verification video to us to get the activation authorization. You can refer to the verification video guide here (you can click to Download the DJI Care Video Verification Tutorial (For Handheld Devices) below the sample video).

After the verification video is approved, you will be able to activate the DJI Care Refresh for the DJI Action 2. Hope this helps.
1-20 19:47
Use props
tsiwo
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was purchased as new Device, just a few days ago.
Created now the DJI CARE VIDEO VERIFICATION, thanks again.
1-21 09:21
Use props
tsiwo
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-20 19:47
Hi there, may I know if the DJI Action 2 was purchased new or used? Could you please provide the serial number to me for further confirm first?

Normally, if the camera is working well, you can send a verification video to us to get the activation authorization. You can refer to the verification video guide here (you can click to Download the DJI Care Video Verification Tutorial (For Handheld Devices) below the sample video).

Thanks for the hint, Care refresh could now be registered. So still missing the DJI Action 2 and Mini 3 in my DJI Profile(s)
1-22 00:06
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tsiwo Posted at 1-22 00:06
Thanks for the hint, Care refresh could now be registered. So still missing the DJI Action 2 and Mini 3 in my DJI Profile(s)

Hello, thank you for getting back to me, I received your PMs as well. As per checking, the DJI Care Refresh has been added to the DJI Action 2.
Yet, as the DJI Action 2 is not activated by your forum account, it will not be added to your forum profile.
Regarding the DJI Mini 3, we will ask the corresponding team to add it to your forum profile.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
1-22 00:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules