Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks

I hadn't flown for a couple of days, I put the 3 in the hub on to charge for a fly this morning
and they were all full, no charge needed, the one in the ac however, did need a quick replenish.

Sommat is amiss, yes? i was under the impression that after around 24hrs the hub is supposed
to discharge to around 95% give or take? I was on the 3rd morning since the last recharge...
2021-9-9
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

and you are not pressing the knob every day or more times a day to see the level of discharge?

Pressing the knob will reset the discharge timer of the battery.
2021-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My batteries drop to 95% after a day of sitting in the Mini 2 Hub.  Appears yours are not auto discharging.  I'm assuming your battery firmware is up to date.  
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 04:43
My batteries drop to 95% after a day of sitting in the Mini 2 Hub.  Appears yours are not auto discharging.  I'm assuming your battery firmware is up to date.

Ya know, i aint got a clue if they are or not, i thought the app would have said sommat, no?
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 9-9 04:12
and you are not pressing the knob every day or more times a day to see the level of discharge?

Pressing the knob will reset the discharge timer of the battery.

No chap, not this time round, as I knew I didn't need it for a few days due to the pick up in breeze
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just looked at the About in the app I do not see anything about battery firmware, where do I find this, please?

Ignore that, figured it out but it makes no sense, only one battery needed an update, would one of the batteries prevent all from discharging?
2021-9-9
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Bashy Posted at 9-9 05:19
I have just looked at the About in the app I do not see anything about battery firmware, where do I find this, please?

Ignore that, figured it out but it makes no sense, only one battery needed an update, would one of the batteries prevent all from discharging?

I thought the intelligence is in the battery itself, not in the charging hub.
You can't update the hub itself. It has no firmware.
If only one battery is not updated, I would think only that battery would not discharge while the others would.
2021-9-9
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

I think you just can’t tell by the led’s on the hub and plane…

But perhaps you checked the level in the fly app? That is more precise….?
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 9-9 07:44
I thought the intelligence is in the battery itself, not in the charging hub.
You can't update the hub itself. It has no firmware.
If only one battery is not updated, I would think only that battery would not discharge while the others would.

Yeah, deffo the batteries themselves, not the hub, but, I was wondering if because they are in the hub and charged by the hub, that because one wasn't up to date with the FW that the hub somehow prevented discharge?
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-9 08:04
I think you just can’t tell by the led’s on the hub and plane…

But perhaps you checked the level in the fly app? That is more precise….?

Yes if checking for full etc, but even if the battery(s) has dispelled a tiny bit of power yet not enough to drop even a partial light, it will still take a charge and flash all fours lights. Therefore when I stuck it on charge, they should have dropped at least 5% and taken a topup charge
2021-9-9
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Bashy Posted at 9-9 16:53
Yeah, deffo the batteries themselves, not the hub, but, I was wondering if because they are in the hub and charged by the hub, that because one wasn't up to date with the FW that the hub somehow prevented discharge?

They get their power supplied by the hub indeed. As far I understand decharging is done over a resistor in each battery. I wonder if a non updated battery would be able to put a tension on one of the connectors of the other batteries, so they think they are still in charging state.

Since you've updated the last battery, you will see if it makes any difference.
Let us know if it worked out.
2021-9-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The one battery that came with my Mini 2 NEVER discharged. I left it alone for 10 days once and it was still at 4 lights after putting it in the drone..
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 9-9 17:58
They get their power supplied by the hub indeed. As far I understand decharging is done over a resistor in each battery. I wonder if a non updated battery would be able to put a tension on one of the connectors of the other batteries, so they think they are still in charging state.

Since you've updated the last battery, you will see if it makes any difference.

I will see come after lunch today as they finished charging around mid-morning yesterday
2021-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for reaching out. To properly store your DJI Mini 2  intelligent flight batteries. Discharge the battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Please remove the said battery from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. Disconnect the batteries from the charging device/hub when they are fully charged. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can find some tips on Battery Care ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 19:56
Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for reaching out. To properly store your DJI Mini 2  intelligent flight batteries. Discharge the battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Please remove the said battery from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. Disconnect the batteries from the charging device/hub when they are fully charged. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can find some tips on Battery Care ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/DJI_Mini_2_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.

Thanks, i use the AC at least twice a week at present, the batteries are stored at full in the hub and AC.
They are not connected to the PSU.

They didn't discharge in the hub but the one in the AC did. 1 firmware needed updating but I don't know if that was the one in the hub or AC.

Why, store them at 40-60% when they are supposed to do that themselves after 10 days? (94% after 1 day)
2021-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine dont start to discharge until at least 2 weeks of not being used.
2021-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 23:42
Mine dont start to discharge until at least 2 weeks of not being used.
It should drop to around 94% just after 24hrs,then start to drop to the storage amount after 10 days

I am so tempted to put it on charge and check now but I gotta wait till midday at the earliest... :/
2021-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-10 00:06
It should drop to around 94% just after 24hrs,then start to drop to the storage amount after 10 days

I am so tempted to put it on charge and check now but I gotta wait till midday at the earliest... :/

The last firmware update was supposed to fix it but for me and few others on here it doesn't seem to work.
2021-9-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 00:10
The last firmware update was supposed to fix it but for me and few others on here it doesn't seem to work.
Oh poop, looks like I may be in your club too then :/
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Why recharge the batteries? Just to find out the next day that instead of 100% you have 96? I charge it to be 100% ready for flight, if possible. Therefore, I prefer to decide for myself whether the battery should self-discharge or be ready to fly. This final battery upgrade is for the simple user. The more advanced know what to do anyway.
2021-9-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh, this is weird, 2 were down to 94% the other 2, (1 in ac), were both at 100% so, any thoughts here, please? Why only 2 discharged?
2021-9-10
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

I went out today and shot some footage, just to practice a bit.

It was 4 days ago that I last went out and after that I fully charged the lot in the two way charger.
I do disconnect the charger from the netplug when they are fully charged.

All batteries were 95% exactly when I put them in the drone
2021-9-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-10 04:52
Oh, this is weird, 2 were down to 94% the other 2, (1 in ac), were both at 100% so, any thoughts here, please? Why only 2 discharged?

Hold the phone, just realised sommat, its not often I will use all 4 batteries,
When I finished my 1 flight the day before yesterday, I used 1 battery to do my 5.5km test, then when the ac got back to the car I removed that battery from the ac and swapped it with one from the hub, so that would have been 2 that would have activated the reset, yes? sod it, i am confused now.

I should be out this morning flying and will no doubt use 3, maybe 4 batts, so i will charge them all when i get back then leave it 2 days, so by then all 4 should be less than 96%, perhaps 94%?

Leave it with me and i will update again when i know for sure that all 4 are reset at the same time and are full..

Gone are the days when you could just set this all in the app
And no,  i don't leave the charger cable in
2021-9-10
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Mine started to discharge after 1 day to approx. 95% and after 9 days to approx 75% outside the hub.
But what i discovered is, checking the status in the hub will be ok, but checking in the drone will interfere the counter and the batteries will not be discharged even after 14 days.
2021-9-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 9-10 22:35
Mine started to discharge after 1 day to approx. 95% and after 9 days to approx 75% outside the hub.
But what i discovered is, checking the status in the hub will be ok, but checking in the drone will interfere the counter and the batteries will not be discharged even after 14 days.

Thats interesting, so pressing it in the drone actually stops any and all discharge, didn't know that.

That could explain why 1 of mine didn't discharge, as that would have been my 4th battery and i always put it in the drone and when the other 4 are charged, i will press the hubs and the ac buttons together so that they are in sync, if ya know what i mean....
2021-9-11
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 9-10 01:00
Why recharge the batteries? Just to find out the next day that instead of 100% you have 96? I charge it to be 100% ready for flight, if possible. Therefore, I prefer to decide for myself whether the battery should self-discharge or be ready to fly. This final battery upgrade is for the simple user. The more advanced know what to do anyway.

I agree! When I know I won't be flying again for the next few days or longer, I fly to discharge each battery to less than 75%. The automated discharge are for people who have no clue of the importance of battery care. This also implies that I do not run the batteries below 50% if possible in order to extend the number of possible recharge cycles.
2021-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 9-12 05:37
I agree! When I know I won't be flying again for the next few days or longer, I fly to discharge each battery to less than 75%. The automated discharge are for people who have no clue of the importance of battery care. This also implies that I do not run the batteries below 50% if possible in order to extend the number of possible recharge cycles.

So what is actually wrong with that? I mean, DJI, have tried to make it as user friendly as possible, it also benefits them too
As it will mean less warranty claims.

It also means i get to fly longer than you too, with my P4P, I would normally be back at the home point at around 30%
But I will also drain it till motor shut down once or twice a year, not lost a battery yet except one I drowned
and one that fell out my hand, 2 expensive screw ups. still, the others are still going strong, 1 is over 4
years i think its is and 1 at 3 years, 1 at 2 years and the newest is about a year old, all thanks to DJI's auto discharging.

With this Mini 2, I am draining the battery to around 10-20% this gives me about 20 minutes flight time and i will continue the above practice as its served me well so far.
2021-9-12
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Never discharge a LiPo battery below 3.0v per cell. Ideally you never want to go below 3.2v per cell to maintain a healthy battery. 2.9v per cell and lower is causing permanent damage.
From here: https://www.thedronegirl.com/2015/02/07/lipo-battery

About the same info here:
https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide

More info about number of charge cycles here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238822

2021-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 9-12 23:23
Never discharge a LiPo battery below 3.0v per cell. Ideally you never want to go below 3.2v per cell to maintain a healthy battery. 2.9v per cell and lower is causing permanent damage.
From here: https://www.thedronegirl.com/2015/02/07/lipo-battery

That info is out dated, 2015

Im not sure what the Mini 2 battery voltage is one it reaches 0, but I bet its still above critical as that's why DJI makes the thing land whether you want to or not..
2021-9-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good news, all now discharge as they should, well, certainly the drop to 94% part anyway, that includes the hub and in the ac, so thanks for the firmware advice
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules