P1 or P2?
1650 16 2015-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294777 ft
United States

Hey guys I already own a Phantom 3 Advanced but I was looking for a cheaper quad to teach people how to fly on. I know that later on I will proboly get a zenmuse h4-3d gimbal and i know it is easy to mount the zenmuse on the Phantom 2, but it sounds like a cool project to mount it on a phantom 1.1.1. The Phantom v1.1.1 is $380 on amazon, while the Phantom 2 v3.0 is $500. What do you guys recomend?
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 8 people participate in voting
41442_0.jpeg

Phantom 1.1.1

Unknown.jpeg

Phantom 2 v3.0

Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-7-28
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Your post confuses me a bit.

Are you buying the teaching drone so that later you can actually use it as one of yours and upgrade it?

What do you mean by "teaching" drone?    If all you're basicaly wanting to do is teach people to fly a drone why even use a Phantom at all?
At $50.00 A Syma X5C-1 flies VERY similar to the Phantom, is virtually indestructable and will teach ANYONE how to control a Quad in manual flight mode.  (A very good skill to have)

Actually, the X5C-1 is a bit harder to fly so moving to the Phantom is that much easier.
If you're buying another Phantom that you will actually use then I can see the Phantom purchase.
But getting one to teach others how to fly a drone might not be the best way to go?
2015-7-29
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294777 ft
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-7-29 21:56
Your post confuses me a bit.

Are you buying the teaching drone so that later you can actually use i ...

I see your point here. I want a phantom that i can teach my friends on, and then once they get better at flying, put a gimbal on it.
2015-7-29
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Lil' Outdoo Posted at 2015-7-30 03:46
I see your point here. I want a phantom that i can teach my friends on, and then once they get bet ...

Ok....and then no more training with it?
I guess what I'm saying is for yourself, a P2 has some advantages but costs more.
But for the $120 difference, I'd probably go for the P2
2015-7-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I would recommend the Phantom2
2015-8-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I would recommend the Phantom2
2015-8-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

sorry for the double post
2015-8-22
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Come to think of it.......these things really fly themselves......a person who has never touched an RC controller can fly one of these.

Not much training needed.
2015-9-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-9-1 18:52
Come to think of it.......these things really fly themselves......a person who has never touched an  ...

True.
2015-9-8
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-9-1 21:52
Come to think of it.......these things really fly themselves......a person who has never touched an  ...

Well.... I am somehow compelled to point out the seemingly endless supply of "pilots" that manage to propel their Phantoms into controlled flights into terrain, trees, buildings, people, etc.

2015-10-5
Use props
spuckett7
lvl.1

United States

HA!  Who was that comedian that said "You can't fix stupid"
2015-10-29
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

spuckett7 Posted at 2015-10-29 03:00
HA!  Who was that comedian that said "You can't fix stupid"

phantom 2 longer flight times; easer to up grade; can be bought for around $350  new if you shop around
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I get your idea but....I would buy a P3 Standard or higher model...Remove camera for training purposes, refit when training complete....
P1 and P2 nice and easy but you cannot compare the interface to the newer more advanced P3/P4 so not sure how that would help them if they buy their own, they would need to be trained again...by the time you buy the P2, add gimbal, go pro you are more than the P3 Standard.....
Worst case if you trash the P3, you can part out a perfectly good camera and remote for which their is an active market!

Just my .2¢

2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Maybe think about a used Phantom 3 Standard instead?Unless you care not for the Camera/FPV, and instead more flight time, then the Phantom 2 would be the best choice.

2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-5 04:47
Maybe think about a used Phantom 3 Standard instead?Unless you care not for the Camera/FPV, and inst ...

This makes even more sense with price reductions recently..Surely the P1 & P2 as a beginner, get it up in the air are o.k, but with the more sophisticated interfaces now there is no way IMHO after the first flight or two that a student would be comfortable enough to say the learned all they needed to go out and buy a P3/P4 with the more sophisticated controls and be confident...Lots to learn!!
2016-3-7
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

Jeff Foxworthy
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada