Pocket 2: Incorrect time recorded for videos
1828 7 2021-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvi
lvl.1

Germany

After having connected Pocket 2 with the DJI Mimo app, which should synchronize date/time with the Pocket 2, I observe the following:

• Photos (DNG): time of the photo is correctly recorded (= stored in its metdadata)

• Videos: the recorded time has an offset of minus two hour, recorded in the Quicktime section of its metada

I am in MESZ time zone, which is UTC+2. So I speculate that the recorded time of the video has been taken from the Smartphone's time (which is in MESZ), but obviuously adjusted to UTC.

I don't understand this behaviour and consider this a bug which needs a fix.

2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please restart the Pocket 2 and connect it to DJI Mimo app to refresh the time to see if the time will synchronize with your phone's time? And please also check if the firmware is up to date.
2021-9-10
Use props
tvi
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-10 02:36
Hi there, could you please restart the Pocket 2 and connect it to DJI Mimo app to refresh the time to see if the time will synchronize with your phone's time? And please also check if the firmware is up to date.

I (temporarily) changed timezone in my Smarthphone to UTC/GMT+7 and did the test again at 17:57 in this time zone:

- Photo: time was recorded correctly with 17:57
   ==> obviously the refresh did work
- Video: time was recorded with an offset of -7 hours at 10:57
   ==> my conclusion: the Pocket 2 is aware of the time zone and intentionally (*) does the adjustment

(*) I just discovered, that the "standard" for QuickTime:CreateDate metadata is, that the time should be recorded in UTC.  My Smartphone (Samsung S20, just tested with a video, not used before) does the same.  

My Panasonic G9 however ignores this (IMHO stupid) standard and records the time correctly in  QuickTime:CreateDate. In addition, it includes it also in CreateDate in EXIF. The latter might be a solution also for DJI (same as for the photos) while still observing the "standard" for Quicktime metadata.

Firmware and Mimo App are up to date.

2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tvi Posted at 9-10 03:34
I (temporarily) changed timezone in my Smarthphone to UTC/GMT+7 and did the test again at 17:57 in this time zone:

- Photo: time was recorded correctly with 17:57

Thanks for the detailed information. May we confirm that whether Pocket 2 was connecting to your phone when recording the video and photo? Could you please provide us the original footage for confirmation? You can upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and then share the download link here. And please also provide us the device log for further analysis. Please refer to the steps below to export the log.
1. Connect the device to the computer. Here are two methods:
Method A: Use an official Type-C USB cable to connect the Pocket 2 to a computer.
Method B: Remove the microSD card from the aircraft. Use a card reader or other devices to connect the microSD card to the computer.
2. After successful connection, new storage equipment will appear on the 'File Manager' of the computer. Select to enter this storage equipment. Then tap 'View' and select 'Hidden Items'. A 'MISC' file folder will appear. Please enter the 'MISC' file folder.
3. There is a file folder named 'LOG' in the 'MISC' file folder. Compress it and send the entire file folder to us. Please also tell us the date on which the error occurred.
2021-9-12
Use props
tvi
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-12 19:21
Thanks for the detailed information. May we confirm that whether Pocket 2 was connecting to your phone when recording the video and photo? Could you please provide us the original footage for confirmation? You can upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and then share the download link here. And please also provide us the device log for further analysis. Please refer to the steps below to export the log.
1. Connect the device to the computer. Here are two methods:
Method A: Use an official Type-C USB cable to connect the Pocket 2 to a computer.

I recorded photo and video with the Mimo App, so the Pocket 2 was connected.

Please download the log and (new) sample photo and video here,
please read the included explanation:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/VtBpmAoL

2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tvi Posted at 9-13 00:04
I recorded photo and video with the Mimo App, so the Pocket 2 was connected.

Please download the log and (new) sample photo and video here,

Hi there, thanks for the information provided. Could you please also try to take a photo and a video without your phone connected for a test? Please also provide us the original footage for further confirmation.
2021-9-18
Use props
tvi
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-18 02:25
Hi there, thanks for the information provided. Could you please also try to take a photo and a video without your phone connected for a test? Please also provide us the original footage for further confirmation.

The result without the App is the same as before.  Shots are taken at 17:53 (UTC+7)
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/5nBpmRQY
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_0BfEweYTWc7e
New
Flight distance : 84659 ft
Turkey

Hi guys, I have a similar issue with my DJI Action 2. what I figured out is that there is a difference between exporting and downloading on my iPhone 13 Pro.

When I export the files (yellow 2 in screenshots), the date and time stamp is correct, but when I download it in full size (screenshot with yellow 3) the date and time is the time when I’ve downloaded the file.

This is super annoying because the timestamp is incorrect and will be wrongly shown in the gallery.

Screenshot with yellow 1 is the correct timestamp shown in Mimo App.

I hope you guys can provide a fix soon.
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules