Anyone remove or INCREASE* the M2 wind speed limit?
1290 19 2021-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone remove or increase the M2 wind speed limit?

edit: DJI needs to increase the wind speed limits for the Mavic 2.  For the Air 2S it seems the limit is gone or non-existent.

2021-9-10
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

What you mean by that? Do you mean the warning message you get when there's strong wind or is there any limitation in taking of?

I flew the M2P in quite harsh wind in Norway. Just able to sustain the wind to take a picture from above. Couldn't even move much forward and the drone was really struggling the wind.

2021-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id love to remove the warning message.
2021-9-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-11 00:20
Id love to remove the warning message.

Sorry DAFlys, but I disagree. I want to know if weather conditions are going to affect the drone's ability when flying. It could be that I am somewhat too cautious a pilot but I prefer to heed warnings and take the appropriate actions as and when required.
2021-9-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is no wind speed limit.
2021-9-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 9-11 02:02
Sorry DAFlys, but I disagree. I want to know if weather conditions are going to affect the drone's ability when flying. It could be that I am somewhat too cautious a pilot but I prefer to heed warnings and take the appropriate actions as and when required.

I want to know if weather conditions are going to affect the drone's ability when flying.
The warning won't be much help.
It just tells you that the wind is 7 m/sec.
7 m/s is perfectly flyable ... just don't zoom off a couple of miles downwind.
You could fly in stronger winds .. if you fly upwind.
It might be slow, but you get an easy ride home.

You'd be better off just flying into the wind to see how fast the drone can go against it and then fly accordingly.
2021-9-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Labroides Posted at 9-11 02:51
There is no wind speed limit.

that's what I thought too. Got warnings, but as far knowing it didn't keep me from taking off.
I always look out for a safe area on forehand where I can land if the wind gets too hard.

As I use the drone for photography purposes, most of the time it is not so far away, so I can retrieve it easy.
2021-9-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-11 02:57
I want to know if weather conditions are going to affect the drone's ability when flying.
The warning won't be much help.
It just tells you that the wind is 7 m/sec.

Labroides, that is very good information and advice. As I posted, I am perhaps too cautious a pilot and maybe I should be a bit adventurous when flying. I tend to maybe ignore the first 1 or 2 wind warnings but pay heed if they start coming thick and fast.
I hope to gain much more experience yet, even though I put my first drone up in the air a year ago now. Thanks for the advice.
2021-9-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 9-11 03:39
that's what I thought too. Got warnings, but as far knowing it didn't keep me from taking off.
I always look out for a safe area on forehand where I can land if the wind gets too hard.

Got warnings, but as far knowing it didn't keep me from taking off.
It wouldn't be possible for wind level to prevent takeoff, since the flight controller calculates wind speed from the tilt and roll data when the drone is flying.
It has no way to calculate wind speed before it flies.
2021-9-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Labroides Posted at 9-11 07:12
Got warnings, but as far knowing it didn't keep me from taking off.
It wouldn't be possible for wind level to prevent takeoff, since the flight controller calculates wind speed from the tilt and roll data when the drone is flying.
It has no way to calculate wind speed before it flies.

well, they could have made a limitation like when there are to less satelites. When I takeoff from my house with the mini2, I get stocked at 3m height. Have to fly to the middle of the garden and wait for satelite signal.

2021-9-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 9-10 20:58
What you mean by that? Do you mean the warning message you get when there's strong wind or is there any limitation in taking of?

I flew the M2P in quite harsh wind in Norway. Just able to sustain the wind to take a picture from above. Couldn't even move much forward and the drone was really struggling the wind.

There are wind speed limits that cripple the drone's lateral speed and remain that way even after the wind attack has stopped.  Air 2S seems to have more lax limits or maybe no even limits.  M2 is bigger than the Air 2S unless the Air 2S has bigger electronics but even the Inspire 1 w/ no wind limits can hit over 90mph flying With the wind so the bigger the drone does not mean it's worse.  Someone was saying they have lessened their wind limits, the NFZ mod can remove the wind limits.  I keep it on to be safe but sometimes it's a joke to have it on as it's like flying in Tripod mode.  You can fly far out fast but can't even fly in close even in Sports mode.

Perhaps it was made kept this way so people can buy the Air 2S under windy conditions.  I look at the drones roll attitude and it's not even at 45°.

DJI needs to remove or increase the speed limits.
2021-9-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 9-11 02:02

If youre flying something like the M2P you know its windy when you fly,   its affected far less from wind than things like the mini2.
2021-9-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 9-11 18:48
There are wind speed limits that cripple the drone's lateral speed and remain that way even after the wind attack has stopped.  Air 2S seems to have more lax limits or maybe no even limits.  M2 is bigger than the Air 2S unless the Air 2S has bigger electronics but even the Inspire 1 w/ no wind limits can hit over 90mph flying With the wind so the bigger the drone does not mean it's worse.  Someone was saying they have lessened their wind limits, the NFZ mod can remove the wind limits.  I keep it on to be safe but sometimes it's a joke to have it on as it's like flying in Tripod mode.  You can fly far out fast but can't even fly in close even in Sports mode.

Perhaps it was made kept this way so people can buy the Air 2S under windy conditions.  I look at the drones roll attitude and it's not even at 45°.

You need to limit your posting to things that you actually understand.
You wouldn't be posting much if that was possible.
2021-9-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-12 05:21
You need to limit your posting to things that you actually understand.
You wouldn't be posting much if that was possible.

If you have the M2 and fly under certain conditions, you would understand the importance of removing the limits.  I'm just not sure if removing the limits could cause a CPU overload = crash.  A lot of us know DJI drones can handle a -10m/s descent rate but the reason why this is not allowed is it cannot detect the ground in time to stop and takes a bunch of feet before recovering after the throttle going down has ceased.  From the controller and feed lag, it makes sense -10m/s shouldn't happen.  Allowed now is on the DJI FPV drone because of the super low latency of Ocusync 3.0.

The P4 can still fly fast even under high-winds so if you have no experience w/ the M2 under high-winds and kind of far, suppressing my awareness solutions for everyone who has or will encounter the same problem makes you seem.. evil.

2021-9-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 9-12 11:29
If you have the M2 and fly under certain conditions, you would understand the importance of removing the limits.  I'm just not sure if removing the limits could cause a CPU overload = crash.  A lot of us know DJI drones can handle a -10m/s descent rate but the reason why this is not allowed is it cannot detect the ground in time to stop and takes a bunch of feet before recovering after the throttle going down has ceased.  From the controller and feed lag, it makes sense -10m/s shouldn't happen.  Allowed now is on the DJI FPV drone because of the super low latency of Ocusync 3.0.

The P4 can still fly fast even under high-winds so if you have no experience w/ the M2 under high-winds and kind of far, suppressing my awareness solutions for everyone who has or will encounter the same problem makes you seem.. evil.

A lot of us know DJI drones can handle a -10m/s descent rate
Make up your mind.
Do you want to discuss a wind speed limit or a descent rate limit?

What's evil is the way you mangle the English language.
Try posting again when you are sober.

2021-9-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 9-12 19:48
A lot of us know DJI drones can handle a -10m/s descent rate
Make up your mind.
Do you want to discuss a wind speed limit or a descent rate limit?

Better still, don't post at all. This moron has been posting absolute rubbish for years now.
2021-9-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

oh yeah.. at least we've all made it through COVID like nothing happened
2021-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain