Will our drones be safe during a Satellite War?
1079 31 2021-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.express.co.uk/news/s ... -force?fr=operanews
2021-9-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

And your worried about your drone????
2021-9-10
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Countries blowing up and sabotaging each other's satellites sounds more like a full blown war to me. I don't think anybody would safe.
2021-9-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NickelPlate Posted at 9-10 05:04
Countries blowing up and sabotaging each other's satellites sounds more like a full blown war to me. I don't think anybody would safe.

The world can still work..
2021-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Several nations now have anti-satellite technology which would easily wipe out GPS capabilities.  Another consideration would be all that space debris floating around that could crash into GPS satellites.  Could be catastrophic but not something that you or I can control.  
2021-9-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 05:02
Several nations now have anti-satellite technology which would easily wipe out GPS capabilities.  Another consideration would be all that space debris floating around that could crash into GPS satellites.  Could be catastrophic but not something that you or I can control.

So people "envying" the riches of the world instead of "envying" those resting in peace are doing it wrong?
2021-9-11
Use props
Captain Evillian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62480 ft
Netherlands

Our drones can use all 3 positioning systems GPS (USA), GLONASS (Russia) and Galileo (Europe) correct?

So i think our drones will still be stable when that happens. :-)
2021-9-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Captain Evillian Posted at 9-19 11:21
Our drones can use all 3 positioning systems GPS (USA), GLONASS (Russia) and Galileo (Europe) correct?

So i think our drones will still be stable when that happens. :-)

I always wondered what to select on the Garmin watch for GPS.  There is GPS + GLONASS or GPS+Galileo but it makes sense to change them if you are in those countries otherwise in the US only use GPS for the sake of no issue?
2021-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 21:39
I always wondered what to select on the Garmin watch for GPS.  There is GPS + GLONASS or GPS+Galileo but it makes sense to change them if you are in those countries otherwise in the US only use GPS for the sake of no issue?

You really don't understand the meaning of global do you?
Or how GPS works?
Or anything.
2021-9-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-20 22:09
You really don't understand the meaning of global do you?
Or how GPS works?
Or anything.
If you have too many selected it might error?  If one system gets compromised it can switch to the other GPS?  Some have said to get benefits using one over the other (better accuracy under certain events) but from my findings, the watch battery life expectancy hours varies by a few hours so they aren't all entirely the same.

I know they make it easy for you by auto-selecting on DJI (which makes Your dumbass look automatically smart at GPS) but on the Garmin watch you can only select GPS, or GPS+Euro or Russian or No GPS and Ultratrac which has no speed tracking and probably other things for max battery life.
2021-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 22:44
If you have too many selected it might error?  If one system gets compromised it can switch to the other GPS?  Some have said to get benefits using one over the other (better accuracy under certain events) but from my findings, the watch battery life expectancy hours varies by a few hours so they aren't all entirely the same.

I know they make it easy for you by auto-selecting on DJI (which makes Your dumbass look automatically smart at GPS) but on the Garmin watch you can only select GPS, or GPS+Euro or Russian or No GPS and Ultratrac which has no speed tracking and probably other things for max battery life.

You really do speak a lot of nonsense.
Try waiting till you're sober before posting.
2021-9-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-20 23:23
You really do speak a lot of nonsense.
Try waiting till you're sober before posting.

Usually you are non-sense.
2021-9-20
Use props
Captain Evillian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 23:33
Usually you are non-sense.

Don't know if you know each other or this is a random guy attacking you but well it seems very weird to me haha. Back to the topic.

Technically the European Galileo is the best system of all three, but GLONASS is the best in mountainous areas or high latitude areas. So i would choose GPS-Galileo in most situations if you can't use them all.
2021-9-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Captain Evillian Posted at 9-24 05:26
Don't know if you know each other or this is a random guy attacking you but well it seems very weird to me haha. Back to the topic.

Technically the European Galileo is the best system of all three, but GLONASS is the best in mountainous areas or high latitude areas. So i would choose GPS-Galileo in most situations if you can't use them all.

How come they area all different and better than another instead of all of the same?  How much "better" are each from each?
2021-9-24
Use props
Captain Evillian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 9-24 18:08
How come they area all different and better than another instead of all of the same?  How much "better" are each from each?

Galileo is the youngest system and is technically more advanced than the older systems, GPS being the oldest. Basically the difference is accuracy of the system. Also GPS has a military purpose and civillians can't use the full potential of the system.

You can read more about it here:
https://expertworldtravel.com/gps-vs-glonass-vs-galileo/
https://www.euspa.europa.eu/newsroom/news/results-are-galileo-increases-accuracy-location-based-services

The difference is quite big. GPS+Galileo is by far the best option in terms of accuracy.

2021-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If I was you now I’d sell up now before the price goes to ... take up kite flying or knitting , they’re you’ll find some people on your level ….
2021-9-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Captain Evillian Posted at 9-24 05:26

Except you cant choose which constellation.
2021-9-26
Use props
Captain Evillian
lvl.1
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 9-26 13:42
Except you cant choose which constellation.

How do you mean you can't choose?

You can generally choose between GPS+Galileo or GPS+GLONASS on most electronics.
2021-9-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Captain Evillian Posted at 9-29 08:13
How do you mean you can't choose?

You can generally choose between GPS+Galileo or GPS+GLONASS on most electronics.

DJI do not give you the choice. For measurement purposes, you can only use the satellites in one constellation, it does not work with mixed types. DJI choose whichever constellation is strongest.
2021-9-29
Use props
Captain Evillian
lvl.1
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 9-29 14:51
DJI do not give you the choice. For measurement purposes, you can only use the satellites in one constellation, it does not work with mixed types. DJI choose whichever constellation is strongest.

You can choose between GPS+Galileo and GPS+GLONASS, and it will use both constellations you have chosen, at the same time. I sometimes have more than 20 satellites locked, that's not possible if it's using only one constellation at a time.

GPS without Galileo or GLONASS has very bad accuracy, it won't really stay in place very well. The combination GPS+Galileo has the best accuracy.

2021-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-26 12:30
If I was you now I’d sell up now before the price goes to ... take up kite flying or knitting , they’re you’ll find some people on your level ….

It's a waste of time trying to entertain this.  Racing the R6 on the highway is so much better.
2021-9-30
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

See ya....make sure you wears da helmits, don't wants brains damages...
2021-9-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Captain Evillian Posted at 9-30 06:57
You can choose between GPS+Galileo and GPS+GLONASS, and it will use both constellations you have chosen, at the same time. I sometimes have more than 20 satellites locked, that's not possible if it's using only one constellation at a time.

GPS without Galileo or GLONASS has very bad accuracy, it won't really stay in place very well. The combination GPS+Galileo has the best accuracy.

"GPS without Galileo or GLONASS has very bad accuracy, it won't really stay in place very well. The combination GPS+Galileo has the best accuracy."

Not true at all. Here in Australia we have limited access to Galileo or GLONASS satellites, as they are a northern hemisphere constellations, but we still get very good accuracy with GPS only.
2021-9-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

No GPS anymore?....no problem. I was born in 1948 and know how to use paper maps ;-) The gas stations used to give them away for free in the 50's and 60's. Incredibly, people did not get lost as often then as they do now.
2021-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

There maybe never war.  The Leaders will just retire leaving others to fill the positions of caring.  Most like, governments will just hand out money to people.  As long no one big enough to disrupt it really cares, it will continue.  All researching to advance humanity is happening with pretty much unlimited funding.  Some people are going to be on their own to find ways to make money in areas that never really change.  Some people make tons of passive money and don't know what to do.  The dying thing still happens across All levels controlled by the creators(God) to avert or subject people at will into an, unknown to us, afterlife.

COVID should be considered a liberation from all the grinds and negative possibilities, but the teachings have been very good in keeping people doing what ever it takes to survive as long as they have the sense of it actually contributing to their survival, resources and capabilities permitting of course.

We just need to survive our generation for the nexts but with the way the world is built, a lot of things are changing rapidly and we don't know how things will play out.  I would be more concerned about people "losing their minds" who are either in the process or haven't yet (unborn) or, normal.  We know what normal looks like, we see it all the time we go out but those are the people who are making it within the narratives, like ourselves.  With the way the world is headed.. we should expect living to 100+ years old on Earth would be quite a challenge.

It's always good to have a sense of security but the reality is, we can die at any moment.
2021-10-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 10-2 04:35
There maybe never war.  The Leaders will just retire leaving others to fill the positions of caring.  Most like, governments will just hand out money to people.  As long no one big enough to disrupt it really cares, it will continue.  All researching to advance humanity is happening with pretty much unlimited funding.  Some people are going to be on their own to find ways to make money in areas that never really change.  Some people make tons of passive money and don't know what to do.  The dying thing still happens across All levels controlled by the creators(God) to avert or subject people at will into an, unknown to us, afterlife.

COVID should be considered a liberation from all the grinds and negative possibilities, but the teachings have been very good in keeping people doing what ever it takes to survive as long as they have the sense of it actually contributing to their survival, resources and capabilities permitting of course.

Just more ravings from an unhinged individual.....
2021-10-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There maybe never war.  The Leaders will just retire leaving others to fill the positions of caring.  Most like, governments will just hand out money to people.  As long no one big enough to disrupt it really cares, it will continue.  All researching to advance humanity is happening with pretty much unlimited funding.  Some people are going to be on their own to find ways to make money in areas that never really change.  Some people make tons of passive money and don't know what to do.  The dying thing still happens across All levels controlled by the creators(God) to avert or subject people at will into an, unknown to us, afterlife.

Posting stoned (again)?
2021-10-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

There maybe never war.  The Leaders will just retire leaving others to fill the positions of caring.  Most like, governments will just hand out money to people.  As long no one big enough to disrupt it really cares, it will continue.  All researching to advance humanity is happening with pretty much unlimited funding.  Some people are going to be on their own to find ways to make money in areas that never really change.  Some people make tons of passive money and don't know what to do.  The dying thing still happens across All levels controlled by the creators(God) to avert or subject people at will into an, unknown to us, afterlife.

Actually I think you are a person of wisdom.... however, the random format of your replies indicates a strong temporary impairment. But that is an often symptom (multitasking at it's worst) of great thinkers as far as I am concerned ;-)
2021-10-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-2 21:34
Actually I think you are a person of wisdom.... however, the random format of your replies indicates a strong temporary impairment. But that is an often symptom (multitasking at it's worst) of great thinkers as far as I am concerned ;-)

yeah because, if we take every narrative's expectation into consideration and make everyone happy, it won't work.  Some narratives want destruction, some want growth.  Some want things to remain the same.  Ultimately it's all about instruction following in life even down to the smallest particle.  Within ranges and parameters being met at the right times.  This is highly influenced by beliefs and teachings, at least on the human sense, in the mind.  It can cause people to die the same day or try to grind every day for at least a hundred years.  Presentations can be very very powerful so powerful that it can extended deeply into the afterlife or at least bring people into it before tomorrow even happens.  What we believe or as we know, "should" believe is that no issues take place while alive.  It takes A lot of works, implementations, and maintenance to Keep it that way.  People should stop telling people to rest in peace after they've died othewise, that would be the Best thing to do when things get too difficult to handle.
2021-10-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 10-2 21:34

Person of wisdom ??
Read his next post and reconsider.
It's total gibberish, completely meaningless and impossible to understand.
What has this has to do with a drone forum?
What has it got to do with anything?
2021-10-3
Use props
Captain Evillian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 10-3 05:23
Person of wisdom ??
Read his next post and reconsider.
It's total gibberish, completely meaningless and impossible to understand.

Maybe we are too simple to understand him.

Imagine talking to a monkey, he won't understand a word of what you are saying. Now imagine we are like the monkeys and this guy is like the human. He is communicating on such a high level that we can only see randomness.
2021-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules