Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery life reached
3644 30 2021-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

Anyone get this message yet?

"Battery life reached due to overuse"

Guess I fly too much.....;-)
2021-9-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

quick math says Im gonna burn about 3 batteries a year up lol  battery's cost more than the ones in my diesel pickup
2021-9-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

Had 175 charges through it.  when the notification went off.  still using it and power is strong through 30%
2021-9-10
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

coyotejuice Posted at 9-10 05:45
Had 175 charges through it.  when the notification went off.  still using it and power is strong through 30%

Interesting info. Keep us posted when it really shows sights of dying,
2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot of the exact error message for us to forward it to our designated team for further clarification? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-9-10
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

coyotejuice Posted at 9-10 05:45

So that's the "magic number": 175. At least you could still use the batteries.

Do you see any degradation so far - or other problems?
I guess you treated your batteries well... What did you do?

I noticed that DJI counts the charging cycles different than I do (I counted more…). Any ideas?
2021-9-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

Have lost about 1 minute flight time.  This is the only problem I can perceive so far, It has zero swelling.  I land at 25% without deviation I hover if above 25% to burn off the extra charge.  I fly a minimum of 3 times per day so 3 charges per day and it sits overnight every  day charged as I fly early when the wind is still.  I dunno I have run the sh*t out this battery and it keeps on going.  Also I have crashed hard enough to knock the battery out 4 times once finding it 45 feet from the crash spot.  That one cost me 3 arms and a gimbal lol!
2021-9-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-10 22:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot of the exact error message for us to forward it to our designated team for further clarification? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I don't recall saying there was trouble.  Just stating a fact I have come across.  The batteries are expensive that is my only challenge to you.
2021-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 9-11 02:49
Have lost about 1 minute flight time.  This is the only problem I can perceive so far, It has zero swelling.  I land at 25% without deviation I hover if above 25% to burn off the extra charge.  I fly a minimum of 3 times per day so 3 charges per day and it sits overnight every  day charged as I fly early when the wind is still.  I dunno I have run the sh*t out this battery and it keeps on going.  Also I have crashed hard enough to knock the battery out 4 times once finding it 45 feet from the crash spot.  That one cost me 3 arms and a gimbal lol!

Without a doubt you are definitely testing the longevity of the DJI battery.  As long as you are not seeing any swelling and only losing 1 minute of flying time that is still a great result for as much as you fly.  Have a great weekend.
2021-9-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 04:06
Without a doubt you are definitely testing the longevity of the DJI battery.  As long as you are not seeing any swelling and only losing 1 minute of flying time that is still a great result for as much as you fly.  Have a great weekend.

Thats what I thought.  I am completely satisfied with the longetivity.  I did not expect it to last this long.
2021-9-11
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

coyotejuice Posted at 9-11 02:51
I don't recall saying there was trouble.  Just stating a fact I have come across.  The batteries are expensive that is my only challenge to you.

Here you can see the stereotypical answers of the DJI admins very well .....

It's a shame ...   

2021-9-11
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Have lost about 1 minute flight time.  This is the only problem I can perceive so far, It has zero swelling.  I land at 25% without deviation I hover if above 25% to burn off the extra charge.  I fly a minimum of 3 times per day so 3 charges per day and it sits overnight every  day charged as I fly early when the wind is still.  I dunno I have run the sh*t out this battery and it keeps on going.  Also I have crashed hard enough to knock the battery out 4 times once finding it 45 feet from the crash spot.  That one cost me 3 arms and a gimbal lol!

I think that 1 minute change in flight time is barely noticeable ...
When the drone is in the air, I generally only have about 80% ...
Without actually having flown ...
2021-9-11
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Germany

Maybe I should crash my drone once in a while, too...

1 min less is really good. I think +/- 1min is in the range of a normal flight anyway - depending how you push it.
2021-9-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

Well ... I crashed the dang thing this morning and now I cant find it........GRRRRRRRR  This week has really sucked
2021-9-11
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Germany

coyotejuice Posted at 9-11 14:07
Well ... I crashed the dang thing this morning and now I cant find it........GRRRRRRRR  This week has really sucked

Sorry to hear that! Crashing the drone is bad enough, but not finding it is even worse.  And I even made a stupid joke before... Don't stop searching!! Sometimes the picture is different on the next day. Good luck!

I hope that is not a built-in "DJI-feature" when flying to much...
2021-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 9-11 14:07

Oh no.  Sorry to hear that.  Try and look for it again today, maybe you'll have better luck.  
2021-9-12
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-11 08:20
Here you can see the stereotypical answers of the DJI admins very well .....

It's a shame ...

ROFL sometimes you have to wonder if the mods even speak english of if they are relying on software translation.  hah
2021-12-31
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

HORAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  3 months later I have found my baby.  Its been wrecked and lost, being rained on 9 times, snowed on 3 times. scorched by the sun and frozen into an ice cube.  Going to gut it clean it  up and will be taking bets to see if it still works!!!!!! 50 to 1 odds LOL.   (I am just joking about gambling so don't ban me ha).  

Might make a you tube video out of it I've never done one before.  If I do Ill post a link.   How I found it is completely irritating.  When it went down back in September I lost video and all signal immediately so I knew the battery was knocked out.  The find my drone feature failed miserably giving me crash video from the flight before.  "there was no crash the flight before" so I am not sure why the video feature for finding drone did not work.  My only answer is the drone lost power before it could transmit the final 1 minute that it normally does therefore it did not have time to overwrite the file.  Just guessing here is the strange part.  So I went without my drone for quite a while and just replaced it last week.  As soon as I tied my old glasses to the new drone presto the crash file shows up just like it should be.  Stuck in memory I guess waiting for the processor on the other end of the signal to finish up what the other one failed to do.

I dont even begin to understand why it happened like this I tried everything to get the crash file off the goggles, I absoultely done everything at the advice of a dozen technicians, operators and radio experts. but the crash file would not show up until I connected to the new drone to the goggles.  Just a snafu.........I guess.  I guess I have spare parts if nothing else :-)
2021-12-31
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

coyotejuice Posted at 2021-9-10 05:45

Up to about 175 cycles before the first warning.  
This is the answer I was waiting for, thank you.
2022-7-26
Use props
ragge1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18323 ft
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-9-10 22:08

so how do you screenshot the screen with the googles
2022-7-26
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

ragge1 Posted at 7-26 01:44

simply point any camera at the screens of the goggles
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ragge1 Posted at 7-26 01:44

You may use your mobile device native camera app and take a shot on the Goggles for you to provide us the error message. Thank you.
2022-7-29
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 2021-9-10 05:45

That's Awesome!  Here I thought the life expectancy of DJI batteries was supposed to be around 100 cycles.
2022-8-3
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

An Article about battery life

Let me tell you a story. The legacy of the three.

Born as triplets. They were the first. They went through their updates, their conditioning. Much in accordance with the recommended. There power curves where at acceptable limits. They were put to rest at about 15% to 20%. They were At livable temperatures. Except for when flying due to the fact that I live in a desert. They were treated gently and lovingly. They were allowed to discharge as per their design.

Several months ago there powered drone crashed rather spectacularly. Killing one of the triplets in the act. I don't know the cycle count. Never really thought to keep track of it. But I know that battery had performed within specifications. The crash was 100% pilot error. My drone does whatever I tell it to. On this occasion I didn't tell it to stay in the air.

The three now two. Although the trio was made whole with a replacement. The younger one to this date has only cycled 22 times. The second of the original trio was found one day in a questionable state. Indicator lights blinking oddly. Refusing to take a charge. Just an ominous blink. I never tried to figure out the cause or the reason. Once I saw the tale tail swelling. Even to the point of it not being able to go in to the drones battery compartment. I knew number two had passed. So I wrote a eulogy and endeavored to push on.

The two now one. Of the original trio the eldest is still going strong. At 110 cycles, she is charging and discharging. There is slight loss of flight time. But I am attributing that to the pilot once again. I'm chasing faster and faster planes. And I'm now landing my drone at anywhere from 2% to 10%. Exceeding and at times disregarding the recommendations. The old girl has no other choice but to feel the strain of being asked to be an old battery and a young battery's world. If I had to put a number to it because I never thought to documented. I would say that she's lost about a minute to two minutes of her flight time. Which you may think not much. But in my last set of chases one minute is the difference between being powered for when the Chase subject lands. Or waving off for lack of gas.

The Twins. Two new batteries were bought to fill the place of my aging children. Of the original three, only one left to tell them the story of their ancestors. The replacement one. Sort of the odd man out at 22 cycles, has filled its role without notice. And is holding strong.

So that's it. I never thought to document the life of the batteries. And of course I have a flair for the dramatic. So here is what I know. Here is what I can say. About the life and death of my first three wards.

This is the obituary for my eldest. It was a sad time. In honor of his passing, the twins still wear black to this day.

https://phantomtexter.blogspot.c ... -number-2-ends.html

Stop laughing back there!
2022-8-3
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

coyotejuice Posted at 2021-9-11 02:49
Have lost about 1 minute flight time.  This is the only problem I can perceive so far, It has zero swelling.  I land at 25% without deviation I hover if above 25% to burn off the extra charge.  I fly a minimum of 3 times per day so 3 charges per day and it sits overnight every  day charged as I fly early when the wind is still.  I dunno I have run the sh*t out this battery and it keeps on going.  Also I have crashed hard enough to knock the battery out 4 times once finding it 45 feet from the crash spot.  That one cost me 3 arms and a gimbal lol!

25% Charge is at the low end for battery longevity.

Don't fly the batteries down to below 3.7V per cell for max longevity.

You should be abler to get 500 recharges out of the batteries if you follow that routine.
2022-8-3
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

FlyLow Posted at 7-26 05:04
simply point any camera at the screens of the goggles

Couldn't he also just send the flight log file?
2022-8-9
Use props
nOxxxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Don't you think the reason for faster fpv battery consumption is fast charging? I measured that our chargers charge 3.5A. You can buy a non-original charger, the charging current of which is 2A, but it has a three-channel one, so it will charge three batteries faster anyway.
2022-8-10
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

nOxxxx Posted at 8-10 01:01
Don't you think the reason for faster fpv battery consumption is fast charging? I measured that our chargers charge 3.5A. You can buy a non-original charger, the charging current of which is 2A, but it has a three-channel one, so it will charge three batteries faster anyway.

This is what I use.

I got it off Amazon. It does all the bat's at one time
2022-8-10
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

2022-8-10
Use props
nOxxxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I was thinking about it exactly. I have an identical one. I think this is how we extend the battery life. What is your experience with this?I did some experiments with the charging hub from DJI. Three wires come out of the power supply. Plus and minus and wire ID. If it is not connected to the charging hub, the power supply will switch to 1A charging mode. This is 0.5C of the battery capacity, so very gentle charging in about 4 hours. 3 batteries will be charged overnight.
2022-8-10
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

I love mine. I've had it for over a year. Work very well.
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules