Firmware upgrade/reinstall on P4
866 7 2021-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilbobrud
lvl.1

United States

Have seen directions on how to reset the firmware on the remote controller for the Phantom 4 but cannot find them again. Could somebody help me reset my controller. I had it in at DronesPlus in Dallas but the head tech was not in that day. Apparently, he knows how to do this. A guy tried but he couldn't do it. Rather than leave it an hour's drive through the city i decided to take it home and attempt it myself.

Looking for the instructions on how to clear the controller and then re-install new firmware.
2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific model of the remote controller are you using? does it have a built-in screen? Also, are you using the Phantom 4 or the Phantom 4 Pro? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-9-10
Use props
Bilbobrud
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-10 21:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific model of the remote controller are you using? does it have a built-in screen? Also, are you using the Phantom 4 or the Phantom 4 Pro? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Phantom 4
RC controller GL300C
Using iPhone 12 Pro Max; iPad Pro 12.9 4th gen
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bilbobrud Posted at 9-11 07:19
Phantom 4
RC controller GL300C
Using iPhone 12 Pro Max; iPad Pro 12.9 4th gen

Thank you for the information provided. Can you please clarify what specific issue did you experience why you want to reset the said RC? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-9-13
Use props
Bilbobrud
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-13 02:43
Thank you for the information provided. Can you please clarify what specific issue did you experience why you want to reset the said RC? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I had crashed the P4 a few years ago. Finally able to get it fixed. DronesPlus in Dallas rebuilt the camera. Brought it home and flew it 3 times with no problems.
Decided to get familiar with the controls and settings again as it had been a while. During the review of my settings, a message came up on the Go 4 app telling me there was a firmware upgrade for the P4. I followed the instructions and did the upgrade. It looked like it finished but i have not been able to fly it since.
Went back to DronePlus and they told me the Go 4 app is the correct app. One gentleman there also told me there is something wrong with the firmware upgrade and many people have “broken” the RC controller trying it. The controller will not work with any other app either. He also said that his lead tech knows a way to get into the controller and reset it; but he is not here today.
I told him i was saw a post about that and rather than leave the equipment at the store and have to drive an hour through dallas traffic to come back up and pick it up; i would take it home and attempt it myself.

I have not been able to find the instructions i saw before. Tried holding C1 and C2 and shutter down while toggling the aperture wheel but nothing happens. Many people are having this same issue. DJI apparently silent about the issue and of no help.

I believe a factory reset to an earlier firmware version is the solution. Just do not know how to go about it.

I can access the app just fine until i plug in the RC controller to connect to the P4. Then i have been getting the error message:
                      “ The current device cannot use DJI Go 4. Please check the relevant manual
                         And download the correct app to use. Contact DJI support if it persists.”

The P4 is a thousand dollar good looking paper weight at this time. Need to reset the controller or get a new controller if that is possible.
2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bilbobrud Posted at 9-13 07:47
I had crashed the P4 a few years ago. Finally able to get it fixed. DronesPlus in Dallas rebuilt the camera. Brought it home and flew it 3 times with no problems.
Decided to get familiar with the controls and settings again as it had been a while. During the review of my settings, a message came up on the Go 4 app telling me there was a firmware upgrade for the P4. I followed the instructions and did the upgrade. It looked like it finished but i have not been able to fly it since.
Went back to DronePlus and they told me the Go 4 app is the correct app. One gentleman there also told me there is something wrong with the firmware upgrade and many people have “broken” the RC controller trying it. The controller will not work with any other app either. He also said that his lead tech knows a way to get into the controller and reset it; but he is not here today.

Thank you for your response. You may try this one if it works, Press the C1, C2, and shutter buttons at the same time power off and then power on the remote controller (Don't let your fingers holding the C1, C2 and shutter when you turn off/on). Link the remote controller to the device then check for updates. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-9-14
Use props
Bilbobrud
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-14 01:03
Thank you for your response. You may try this one if it works, Press the C1, C2, and shutter buttons at the same time power off and then power on the remote controller (Don't let your fingers holding the C1, C2 and shutter when you turn off/on). Link the remote controller to the device then check for updates. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

That did not work
2021-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules