Reverse quickshot Mode Shots (Dronie, Rocket)
3224 12 2021-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aviatorsmemoirs
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I own a mini 2 and I was wondering if there have been talks with r&d to update software to incorporate reverse quickshots. For example, instead of the traditional rocket shot where it starts from the subject and ascends up, what if it could be done in reverse where it starts in the air and descends down to the subject. Same thing with the dronie quickshot. I think this would create some really creative and new footage for novice drone pilots if these additional modes were available. Tell me what you think.

Best,
Aviator's Memoirs

2021-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That could be done in the software.  Will DJI do it?  That's another story all together.  

Have a great weekend.
2021-9-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Can you not just reverse the video in editing?
2021-9-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 9-11 06:24

Just what i was gonna say
2021-9-11
Use props
Tvixen
lvl.1
Denmark

Its a bit more tricky to do that, because of the descends speed. Its no problem to accends with 30m/s but to descent, your have to lower your speed to 5-3m/s (else the drone will be uncontrollable and fall though the air) ...and I think it will be too slow to watch.
2021-9-11
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

yogi053 Posted at 9-11 06:24

And tell cars, biks and birds to drive/fly backwards.
Reversing video is not a solution.
2021-9-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tibzee Posted at 9-11 09:16
And tell cars, biks and birds to drive/fly backwards.
Reversing video is not a solution.

Ha, good point, but thats assuming there are any...
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_Rk53C6cNGb8Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3514268 ft
South Africa

Jey guys. Mini 2 fan from South Africa here

I was shooting 2 events on saturday and I thought the quivk shot records all while returning to the starting ppi t and was quite disappointed to find out ehen I got homethe rocket and dronie specificaly has alot of value to me in reverse. It would be great if the can maybe look in2 that. Aaw sum1 mentioned reversing the footage I recently had to do that with my phantom footage and a car came down in reverse on the shot . But ya Im following....

Has any experts mentuined or replied to original post yet?
2021-9-12
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

No auto-reply from DJI on this?
For the programmers on DJI it should be extremely easy to add a few checkboxes to allow for reverse and other figures.
They won't do it.
2021-9-12
Use props
aviatorsmemoirs
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Rk53C6cNGb8Y Posted at 9-12 02:13
Jey guys. Mini 2 fan from South Africa here

I was shooting 2 events on saturday and I thought the quivk shot records all while returning to the starting ppi t and was quite disappointed to find out ehen I got homethe rocket and dronie specificaly has alot of value to me in reverse. It would be great if the can maybe look in2 that. Aaw sum1 mentioned reversing the footage I recently had to do that with my phantom footage and a car came down in reverse on the shot . But ya Im following....

This would actually be the perfect solution! If while using those modes, while returning home it continues to record! DJI please listen to these suggestions!
2021-9-12
Use props
joewardpr
lvl.1

Canada

100%. These shots need to support recording on return. While dronie and record do have value with the current set-up, there are some key shots that we can get if it allows recording on the return path. Reversing the video is only an option in a static shot.
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_Rk53C6cNGb8Y
lvl.1
South Africa

Yea I agree, should record all the way back to original point
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_Rk53C6cNGb8Y
lvl.1