1357 6 2021-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spiritonline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74902 ft

Netherlands

Hi,

I was just flying and noticied that every time I pan the gimbal up or down I would get lots of jitter, especially on straight lines.
I don't get this jitter when moving the drone any other way. Does anyone know what's causing this?

I've attached a video, it seems less appareant on youtube but if you watch in full screen you should still see it on the walking path.

2021-9-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You do not pan up and down, you tilt. You pan left or right.
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration under the DJI Fly app to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try moving more slowly.
What framerate were you using?
2021-9-13
Use props
spiritonline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74902 ft

Netherlands

I will try the calibration and see if that helps.
I'm shooting at 30FPS in 2.7K (max for the Mini)

Moving more slowly does not always achieve the effect that you're looking for.
Is it a known issue with the drone that when the gimbal tilts faster you get this stutter?
2021-9-14
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14016926 ft
Sweden

spiritonline Posted at 9-14 01:05
I will try the calibration and see if that helps.
I'm shooting at 30FPS in 2.7K (max for the Mini)

As Montfrooj said, try to move slower. Also when you film close to something you need to move slower, particularly if there is a lot of details in the frame, like the tree or the bush you filmed. For subject further away you can move faster. Try and see how you go. 60fps would be nice to have.
2021-9-14
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

for fast movement you need to use 60fps (only in 1080p). I get this stutter when I shoot a bike ride from helmet with 30fps on OP. Changing it to 60fps solves the issue. Or do what others say, slow down your camera motion. Faster speed is achievable in post-processing easily.
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules