633 5 2021-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Today when we were flying our Mini 2's we noticed when on a coffee break that my controller didn't beep when it wasn't in use, where as my mates did, took a while to figure it out, he has the iPhone and I have the Note 20 Ultra 5g, so android, that was the only difference and mine battery was going down faster than his, turns out that whilst the android is connected it will not beep because it's charging the battery of the phone, he didn't have charging turned on so his controller beeped. Its prob onld news but I've just figured it out, only took a few months, we thought it was a dodgy controller till it clicked lol
2021-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the android specs it has to charge for the USB port to work properly,    DJI took away the charging option on IOS to make them the same but go so much backlash they brought it back.     There is a cable mod you can do on android to stop the charging current being very high.
2021-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-12 00:51
In the android specs it has to charge for the USB port to work properly,    DJI took away the charging option on IOS to make them the same but go so much backlash they brought it back.     There is a cable mod you can do on android to stop the charging current being very high.

Thanks, i aint worried about the charging, if needed I could top it up with the car, but I think it would last 8 batteries, that I don't have anyway lol. It was more the point of not knowing why mine didn't beep to let me know its still on when it wasn't in used
2021-9-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice troubleshooting Bashy to figure out the issue.  Have a great week.
2021-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-12 03:38
Thanks, i aint worried about the charging, if needed I could top it up with the car, but I think it would last 8 batteries, that I don't have anyway lolIt was more the point of not knowing why mine didn't beep to let me know its still on when it wasn't in used

Im on iPhone and mine doesn't beep either,  so not sure what the beeping actually is.
2021-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My mates does and hes on iphone, its the beeping that starts if you put down the controller and its not connected but still turned on, its to let you know its still turned on, but it only does it if the charging the device is not turned on, when I disconnected the lead, mine then started beeping after about 5 minutes
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules