No Connection Remote, to Mini 2
6763 19 2021-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PA1911A1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2359 ft
United States

I have had this product less than 2 weeks and I no longer can connect the remote the mini 2. They just blink. Worked fine for the first week now nothing. I had a link problem about 4 days ago, but rebooting the remote and Mini 2 they reconnected. NOW - NOTHING. I have read several places where this has been happening. I have, ensured all Batteries are charged including remote, SD card is in excellent condition, and removed to ensure it was not causing any issues (no card in place). I have run through each of the  batteries, I have rebooted the iPhone, the RC, and the Mini 2.  They are less than 3 inches apart!!! I have check for interferance, etc.  This is frustrating.
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your mobile device to a Wi-Fi network before opening the app and check if there are available updates? Kindly please update the firmware of the remote controller and try to re-link again to the aircraft to see if the issue persists. If you were able to successfully link the controller to the aircraft, please check if there is an available update for the aircraft as well. I will post some tutorials below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2021-9-11
Use props
PA1911A1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-11 20:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your mobile device to a Wi-Fi network before opening the app and check if there are available updates? Kindly please update the firmware of the remote controller and try to re-link again to the aircraft to see if the issue persists. If you were able to successfully link the controller to the aircraft, please check if there is an available update for the aircraft as well. I will post some tutorials below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxfX5zK3FfY&t=4s

Hi. All that has already been done. All current updates are on they App,  Mini 2 and Controller. This was done on the first day and no new updates have been issued since September 1. Also, I have tested the cable, swapped the cable, connected it to another smartphone, iPad, and nothing changes. The remote does not seem to connect properly. 4 slow steady blinking green LED's as though it is trying to pair with the drone. Drone will quick connect to the App no issues.  Is there away to do a factory reset on these devices?

UPDATE:  Phone and Tablet do not connect to RC. Only get connection Guide.
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_sLxvSto2HI8M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1524783 ft

Portugal

Olá! ligue o celular ao rádio e abra o aplicativo e clicar em connection guide, ligar o drone, depois no aplicativo escolher a imagem do drone mini 2 e clicar nela, (aparece várias imagens) clicar na imagem mini 2, vai abrir uma janela de pareamento, depois no drone carregar no botão de ligar sem largar até ouvir um sinal, aí ele vai procurar aparelhar, agora no aplicativo clicar em parear e aguardar um pouco. Se não conseguir tentar novamente seguindo os passos. É assim que se pareia o rádio ao drone. Espero ter ajudado.
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_tpoX40YUmfyv
New

United States

I have the same issue. The remote is now acting as a charger for the phone's battery.
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PA1911A1 Posted at 9-12 03:31
Hi. All that has already been done. All current updates are on they App,  Mini 2 and Controller. This was done on the first day and no new updates have been issued since September 1. Also, I have tested the cable, swapped the cable, connected it to another smartphone, iPad, and nothing changes. The remote does not seem to connect properly. 4 slow steady blinking green LED's as though it is trying to pair with the drone. Drone will quick connect to the App no issues.  Is there away to do a factory reset on these devices?

UPDATE:  Phone and Tablet do not connect to RC. Only get connection Guide.

Thank you for your prompt response. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-13
Use props
ftp2leta
lvl.1

Canada

Did you try that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwXQyOEGjo
2021-9-13
Use props
PA1911A1
lvl.1
United States

ftp2leta Posted at 9-13 08:19
Did you try that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwXQyOEGjo

Issue has been reduced to it won't link with iPhone or iPad. The RC is not  even linking to the Fly App, nor the Mini 2. Sending in for repair/diagnostics.
2021-9-13
Use props
MarchingBandDad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3471 ft
United States

Any update on this?
2021-9-27
Use props
PA1911A1
lvl.1
United States

It was set for repair and is on it's way back from DJI repaired/replaced. They found the unit to be defective. Once I receive the Unit and test, I will be sure to update this post.  
2021-9-28
Use props
PA1911A1
lvl.1
United States

Controller received. Works as it is supposed to. Re-paired with the Mini 2, and all is good. It immediately connected to the phone like it is supposed to, and found the drone. They replaced the unit. Good support was only down for about 2 weeks total.
2021-10-4
Use props
MarchingBandDad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3471 ft
United States

PA1911A1 Posted at 10-4 09:31
Controller received. Works as it is supposed to. Re-paired with the Mini 2, and all is good. It immediately connected to the phone like it is supposed to, and found the drone. They replaced the unit. Good support was only down for about 2 weeks total.

Same here.  I had to send mine in for a main board replacement.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-10-25
Use props
djiuser_KRth5AXviTof
New
United States

DJI Mini 2 suddenly stopped connecting. I’ve changed the cords and formatted SD cards, yet I’m still not having any luck. Is there a solution to this issue
2022-3-22
Use props
fansf61c2580
New
Flight distance : 26115 ft
New Zealand

Hi Folks,

I also have my drone a very short time. Possibly 5 weeks old now. All firmware is updated and everything charged etc. The remote keeps disconnecting from the drone. At first it wasn't too bad but it's more and more consistent now. All my leads and everything else are as new as its only 5 weeks old. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem without returning it?
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_CqDRrd0WugaX
New

Greece

Hello from Greece...A few weeks ago i bought from seller a dji mini 2..when i recive it..i charging controller and drone ..going on dji web page..download latest fly app....and when all was full charge,,connect to my phone (Redmi note 11 pro +) to remote...and nothing,,,dji app not  openig and always my phone was in charge mode...i contact whith seller..i returning to him all (drone and reciver)...and after 2-3 days he informe all was ok..remote and drone connecting in fly app in her phone....(propably different from mine)....and returning drone to me...So..trying again connecting but same problem...dji fly app not opening and always charging my phone,,,After all that I found someone in my town who had the same drone and I asked him to try with his controller to connect to the application and my drone,,, and everything went wonderfully..
Using my phone..same cable (type c to type c)..same version  app ....all connected ..So the issue was at controller??what is your opinion?
2022-11-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the USB settings of the phone, there is something in the back of my mind that a permission has to be granted on the phone or the phone has to be told to treat the connection as a data connection.
2022-11-29
Use props
djiuser_n00i2FBu7Xbo
lvl.1
Italy

Hello guys, I have same issue, on the first run app updated everything, everything was smooth. but on the second run mini2 wont connect. I try every situation you said here. my phone is Note 8 .
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_n00i2FBu7Xbo
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_n00i2FBu7Xbo Posted at 1-16 13:59
Hello guys, I have same issue, on the first run app updated everything, everything was smooth. but on the second run mini2 wont connect. I try every situation you said here. my phone is Note 8 .

It would be a great help, if you have a way to solve this problem.
2023-1-17
Use props
VW Malzahn
lvl.1

United States

I had a different problem than I've seen online. Perhaps I was being dense, but I suspect it could happen to someone else. I hadn't flown for three weeks or so, and it wouldn't connect and gave nor reason why and no errors. It turned out that all the permissions I gave the app on my smart phone had lapsed. You must check a setting telling the android device NOT to take away permission if app not used. I've never had this happen before, and it would never have occurred to me except I stumbled across this when looking over the program settings in preparation to reinstall the app. I hope this helps someone.
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_WEOtJCzfLcVJ
New
United States

My son had this same issue. We tried everything we could find online for fixing it, but ended up calling customer support at DJI. They talked us through a few things, then determined that it needed to be sent in to be looked over. So we shipped it in and DJI found that the aircraft cored board module was malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The module will cost $96 and the repair service fee is another $65. So due to no fault of our own, we are now sacked with another $161 in cost for this drone which cost us multiple hundreds of dollars to begin with. This drone did not receive heavy use- he was always very careful and only took short flights in our yard. It does not feel very good to pay for this repair cost just to get a functioning drone again and not have confidence that we will not continue to have future malfunctioning components. Very disappointed with this company. When I expressed my frustration on the phone I was told I can sign up for a service plan to help cover future costs of repairs.
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules