Just asking for a clear understanding ...
1645 4 2021-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Never Forget 9/11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176991 ft
United States

I was at Lake Bowen in South Carolina flying my drone from the shore side while family and friends were kayaking. Approached by a Lake Warden officer in a boat  who told me to cease drone activity as it wasn't allowed.  B4UFLY app cleared the space, there was not any signage stating a NO DRONE ZONE established, it's a public use watershed for kayakers and small fishing boats 5hp or less motors,  and lastly the Wardens' office staff cleared me when I inquired along with another officer who carried a gun and badge on my inital inquiry.

Where do I stand legally? Out of respect for his authority I didn't argue. He stated some lake residents complained that they were being spied upon and at a staff meeting they decided not to allow drones. If I'm not mistaken the same app I got cleared on, they can mark the area a no-fly zone. Also, I believe to enforce this policy there should be some signage at the one and only gate entrance. If it hasn’t been lawfully established or dutifully published on the public info board that list all other rules, how can he charge me or take any kind of abrupt action. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, what actions did, or would you take? I don’t wont this to become a political event, for the record I stand behind any and all Law Enforcement, and as stated earlier, out of respect I complied with out any incident.

2021-9-11
Use props
Never Forget 9/11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176991 ft
United States

Just asking for a clear understanding ...

I was at Lake Bowen in South Carolina flying my drone from the shoreside while family and friends were kayaking. Approached by the Lake Warden offficer on a boat who told me to cease drone activity as it wasn't allowed.  B4UFLY app cleared the space, there was not any signage stating a NO DRONE ZONE, and lastly the warden office staff cleared me when I inquired along with another on duty uniformed lake officer who carried a gun and badge. This is a public use watershed used for recreation by kayakers and small fishhing boats with 5 hp or less. Its on a 70 acre park with picnic shelters, tables, and playground for kids.

Other than a 2nd Lake Officers' word, where do I stand legally? Out of respect for his authority I didn't argue. He stated some lake residents complained that they were being spied upon and at a staff meeting they decided not to allow drones. If I'm not mistaken the same app I got cleared on, they can mark the area a no-fly zone. Also, I believe to enforce this policy there should be some signage at the one and only gate entrance. If it hasn’t been lawfully established or dutifully published on the public info board that list all other rules, how can he charge me or take any kind of abrupt action.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, what actions did, or would you take? I don’t wont this to become a political event, for the record I stand behind any and all Law Enforcement, and as stated earlier, out of respect I complied with out any incident.

2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI is committed to helping pilots unleash their aerial creativity safely and responsibly. While we've made every effort to provide comprehensive information, this page is not a substitute for pilot's ability to exercise good judgment. As a DJI pilot, you are solely responsible for ensuring your flights are conducted safely and in accordance with all local laws and regulations. Hope you have a good time on flying
2021-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The land owner has to give you permission to take off/land etc but once airborne they have no control over the airspace.
2021-9-12
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

Here are the new FAA rules as of April 2021 https://www.flyproaerial.com/blo ... ummary-and-overview
2021-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules