Batteries will not charge
470 6 2021-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firepower
lvl.2

Australia

I am getting working a Mavic Air for someone that has had it for three years and was never able to get it going.

He gave me three batteries but only one would charge and have had a few short flights.  Today I had a longer flight which drained the battery quite a bit but landed all right.

Then went to check the quad and turn it on again and it would not turn on.  Now it will not charge.

From reading a few places there appears to be no way of reviving them.

Is that correct?

Col

Brisbane
Australia
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. In this case, you may try to leave the said batteries on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours to see if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider purchasing a new set of batteries since it shows that the batteries are already 3 years old and the original warranty of these batteries already expires. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-9-11
Use props
Firepower
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks for the reply

There are no leds showing when I push the battery buttons or put them on the charger so I am not sure putting on the charger for hours will help.

I will try it anyway.

2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Firepower Posted at 9-11 21:27
Thanks for the reply

There are no leds showing when I push the battery buttons or put them on the charger so I am not sure putting on the charger for hours will help.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted on the result. Take care always.
2021-9-11
Use props
Firepower
lvl.2

Australia

I left the batteries on charge for hours but no LEDs are showing on the Mavic Air batteries  I tried to buy new batteries for the Mavic Air but DJI have advised these batteries are no longer being sold.

I understand there is a third part making these batteries but can not find them.

Guess the Mavic Air needs to be dumped.  Hope not.
2021-9-13
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

You can try your search here:

https://www.google.com/search?cl ... eries+for+mavic+air
2021-9-13
Use props
Firepower
lvl.2

Australia

Tried there but missed this one of pulling the battery apart and replace the battery.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... a05bed1b090aaddbf10

AliExpress is about the only ones with complete batteries at nearly $200 and the others are out of stock.  Maybe the AliExpress batteries are made in 2018 and maybe the same as the ones we have.  Two new batteries I have will not charge and no LEDs will light up.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules