• >>>
United Kingdom

ooh falling.   
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for sharing this video with us. We're glad that the Osmo Action didn't suffer any damage after its fall. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-9-12
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Oops, at least one survived. Small positives.
2021-9-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlanHd Posted at 9-12 02:30
Oops, at least one survived. Small positives.

I think, to be fair, that the Go 2 gave up its life for its friend.  I had attached it to the top of the Action cradle using a hot shoe to tripod mount adapter.  The screw of that little adapter was actually bent by the impact.  I think this absorbed some of the force.  Still, it was impressive that there wasn't even a mark on the Action, nor damage to either screen or lens.  The audio adapter came away from the Action on impact - you can actually see it on a single frame of the slow motion part, at the time of impact.  The little Go 2 ended up in the road - its demise might just have been caused by being run over, if it wasn't the fall itself.  Kind of unlucky for it...

Now I plan to make better use of the Action  I have always missed gimbal style horizon locking (I have the Pocket 2 and the original Pocket), so I have an Inkee Falcon gimbal arriving in the next couple of days.
2021-9-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

WOW super lucky for you there.  glad it turned out that the camera survived, it is ashamed that DJI  used a PGYTECHS tripod, that can easily break under pressure, and if not careful, you can do the same lose your rig.   DJI needs to look out for all, and get a Better company to make a product or sell them here.  I also had a gopro, and some aftermarket tripod mount, as I lifted it out of the water the mount   broke in my hands. and lucky I had a spare,  so we all need to be careful and check our gear.

Awesome footage and thanks for sharing
2021-9-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch.  Glad the OA didn't suffer any damage.  Sad about the Go 2.  
2021-9-12
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-12 03:32
I think, to be fair, that the Go 2 gave up its life for its friend.  I had attached it to the top of the Action cradle using a hot shoe to tripod mount adapter.  The screw of that little adapter was actually bent by the impact.  I think this absorbed some of the force.  Still, it was impressive that there wasn't even a mark on the Action, nor damage to either screen or lens.  The audio adapter came away from the Action on impact - you can actually see it on a single frame of the slow motion part, at the time of impact.  The little Go 2 ended up in the road - its demise might just have been caused by being run over, if it wasn't the fall itself.  Kind of unlucky for it...

Now I plan to make better use of the Action  I have always missed gimbal style horizon locking (I have the Pocket 2 and the original Pocket), so I have an Inkee Falcon gimbal arriving in the next couple of days.

Was there any footage from the go 2 or did it get corrupted.
2021-9-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Go 2 has bulit in memory only, not a card.  And now it will not turn on, so I can't play its memory.  It would have been an interesting shot, as it has 360 degree horizon levelling.  Or it did have.   

The selfie stick I was using was a cheap one from eBay.  This accident was in no way the fault of any DJI product.
2021-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oops.
Hope they do well after this abuse.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced