DJI MINI 3 NEWS - IS IT COMING OR SHOULD YOU STILL BUY THE DJI MI...
12Next >
58824 48 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI MINI 3 NEWS - IS IT COMING OR SHOULD YOU STILL BUY THE DJI MINI 2?

2021-9-12
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

They need to have a polished product in mini2 with no issues before moving to mini3.
This new product roll-out marketing is getting old ... fix what you last made .
2021-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 9-12 05:46
They need to have a polished product in mini2 with no issues before moving to mini3.

Can’t say I’ve got any issues with my mini2. It performs as advertised.   The only quibble I should have is the battery doesn’t discharge itself fast enough but then when I grab it at short notice it’s charged whereas my m2p is always half charged so I have to plan to use it.
2021-9-12
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-12 06:38
Can’t say I’ve got any issues with my mini2. It performs as advertised.   The only quibble I should have is the battery doesn’t discharge itself fast enough but then when I grab it at short notice it’s charged whereas my m2p is always half charged so I have to plan to use it.

In todays world, we update everything from the air conditioner, to our monitor and graphics card.  The updates have become so flawless, it's automatic ... downright fool proof.  

That's the standard.  That's my point.  Get the software up to par in detecting issues and fixing them.  Today, especially with DJI Assistant,, we  should be able to USB to our p.c., have that program detect what it's dealing with, and install what is needed for flawless operation.  That's the standard, and is not how they operate, when they are telling people to download an app that is not on the play store, but side load it from over here.  Show me where that is normal?  

My point is bigger than "mine works, it's you"
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for posting this video you have found. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products / drones and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-9-12
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

I agree with the chip shortage angle. DJI's latest releases seem to be "old hardware in new body' type. Pocket 2 white, Mini Se and probably even OM 5... It might be a while before we see a device that utilizes new hardware,
2021-9-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    I'm happy with my Mini 2.  I don't think DJI will go with a better camera on the Mini 3 so not sure what it would take for me to upgrade from the Mini 2 and stay in that same weight class.
2021-9-13
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

More YouTube garbage! Rumors and specualtion. Not sure why you are alwas posting this garbage. Do you work for YouTube?
2021-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 9-12 06:43
In todays world, we update everything from the air conditioner, to our monitor and graphics card.  The updates have become so flawless, it's automatic ... downright fool proof.  

That's the standard.  That's my point.  Get the software up to par in detecting issues and fixing them.  Today, especially with DJI Assistant,, we  should be able to USB to our p.c., have that program detect what it's dealing with, and install what is needed for flawless operation.  That's the standard, and is not how they operate, when they are telling people to download an app that is not on the play store, but side load it from over here.  Show me where that is normal?  

I just go to the App Store and download it when I get a new phone,  no issues at all.
2021-9-13
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-13 09:14
I just go to the App Store and download it when I get a new phone,  no issues at all.

Congrats.  That is not everyones case.
2021-9-13
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 9-12 05:46

i agree the team needs to continue to work on the mini2 for more than a year after launch but at a certain point, it's time to move on.  you're never going to get a polished product because a polished product is not being demanded by the buying public.  we just want something that works...and works well.  i disagree with you that we shouldn't move on....in my opinion, you should be "moving on" even before the current product is launched.  especially if it's a different team that will continue to support the older product but your best people need to look ahead and keep this train moving. pretty sure the marketing team is simply trying to keep up....they are not running the show.  personally i don't like the new minis being launched just before winter so if they would like to wait until march, im ok. ;)
2021-9-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 9-12 06:43

That's the standard.  That's my point.  Get the software up to par in detecting issues and fixing them.  Today, especially with DJI Assistant,, we  should be able to USB to our p.c., have that program detect what it's dealing with, and install what is needed for flawless operation.  That's the standard, and is not how they operate, when they are telling people to download an app that is not on the play store, but side load it from over here.  Show me where that is normal?  

Monitor? hows that work then?
Granted, I do agree with the app not being on the Google Play Store
2021-9-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 9-13 14:42
i agree the team needs to continue to work on the mini2 for more than a year after launch but at a certain point, it's time to move on.  you're never going to get a polished product because a polished product is not being demanded by the buying public.  we just want something that works...and works well.  i disagree with you that we shouldn't move on....in my opinion, you should be "moving on" even before the current product is launched.  especially if it's a different team that will continue to support the older product but your best people need to look ahead and keep this train moving. pretty sure the marketing team is simply trying to keep up....they are not running the show.  personally i don't like the new minis being launched just before winter so if they would like to wait until march, im ok. ;)

Especially when they cant fly sub-zero degrees
2021-9-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only just watching this now and his way of talking on camera is doing my head in, over pronouncing words and some letters, like the J, its it difficult for me to watch to be honest.

The title is misleading, a bit clickbaity but then who doesn't on YT, I spose. I thin it should be, DJI MINI 3 UPDATE UNLIKELY, that would still get viewers interested in what you have to say, well, not "you" lol, unless of course, it is you ;) ok, now to try to finish it...
2021-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I doubt it is, but if so, I hope it has some of my wish list features
2021-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-13 23:49
I doubt it is, but if so, I hope it has some of my wish list features

The more I think about it,  the more I dont really need an upgrade at the moment.   Everything is working and I cant think of any killer feature that would warrant it.
2021-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 00:16
The more I think about it,  the more I dont really need an upgrade at the moment.   Everything is working and I cant think of any killer feature that would warrant it.

D-Cinelike would be a reason to upgrade for me.
2021-9-14
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 00:16

I feel the same way other than a better camera (more megapixels or a larger sensor for low light would be nice) but that is unlikely given the price point and that would compete too much with their larger drone offerings and it might put it over the 250g limit which is a no go for me. I don't want to fool with FAA registration.
2021-9-16
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

The biggest problem is that NO DJI drone can fly more than 31 minutes.

I would have long since bought a large drone weighing more than 1 kilogram, with a much better 1 inch camera chip,
etc., but what use is it if it only flies for 25 - 30 minutes and the batteries, since you can use several for a whole Day needs are very expensive.

The Mini 2 was also a lie, just 31 minutes of marketing drivel. In reality, even without any wind, you get a maximum of 27 minutes,
usually only 25 minutes, even if the batteries have reached their full storage capacity after approx. 5 charging cycles.
2021-9-16
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2021-9-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 9-22 06:48

Thats not strictly true though,  as long as the drone is warm you can fly in sub zero at least until it cools down.
2021-9-22
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 9-13 05:10
More YouTube garbage! Rumors and specualtion. Not sure why you are alwas posting this garbage. Do you work for YouTube?

Every post, thread, reply you make earns you points, these points can be redeemed for DJI credits, these credits can be cashed in for DJI goods. Post enough and your drones cost you just a few *cough*hundred*cough* posts a day, so go find anything DJI related and make a post like the rest do.

EDIT:

Don't take it like I'm being negative toward Dafly's, it's a genius system really. Post enough and you can literately earn whatever you want, the mods hardly mod anything, just grab the latest youtube video and post it before they can and you redeem that sweet sweet credit.

It's a great passive income but has it's drawbacks, you look like a post whore and take the youtuber's ability to share their work here themselves, your comments are almost meaningless ie posting the bare minimum to continue the conversation.

People crying all the times about wanting free crap, here if you put in the work DJI will reward you for it.

2021-9-22
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-22 07:14
Every post, thread, reply you make earns you points, these points can be redeemed for DJI credits, these credits can be cashed in for DJI goods. Post enough and your drones cost you just a few *cough*hundred*cough* posts a day, so go find anything DJI related and make a post like the rest do.

EDIT:

It's just garbage.
The dji system works fine when people postt meaningful content.
The YouTube Click Bait is just plain garbage.
It's to bad I need to continually point this out. Could care less about dji points!
Apparently some people are quite cheap as well. Maybe the OP is!
2021-9-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 9-13 05:10
Points make prizes, posts get points, change those points into DJI credits.

Exchange For DJI Credit
180 DJI Points = 1 DJI Credit (USD).

Checkout a users points total / 180 and you can see how much they are making.

If you post and you want to thank those that comment, make sure you post a thank you for each person, more points ;), compared to a single "thanks everyone".
2021-9-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EDIT:

Well explained.
2021-9-22
Use props
DroneTinker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

So now we know that Mavic 3 is coming for sure and it's almost here.
2021-9-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ro_flyer Posted at 9-22 06:48

2 be honest, I wouldnt read too much into what it says on paper, i think they are just covering their backs and actually forget to do it sometimes, here is what i mean.

Many are 0ºC except for MA2 and M2P/Z (maybe more) as they are stated as -10ºC,
lets look at that again, the MA2 is -10ºC yet the MA2S is only 0ºC, why is that?
2021-9-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-24 16:13
2 be honest, I wouldnt read too much into what it says on paper, i think they are just covering their backs and actually forget to do it sometimes, here is what i mean.

Many are 0ºC except for MA2 and M2P/Z (maybe more) as they are stated as -10ºC,

I think they are trying to upsell people to the Pro line for that use case.
2021-9-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 00:25
I think they are trying to upsell people to the Pro line for that use case.

Im not overly convinced seen as the MA2 is good for -10C yet the MA2s is only 0C, shouldn't that be the other way round...
2021-9-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

I also think they are trying to upsell people to the Pro line for that use case.
2021-9-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 9-22 06:54
Thats not strictly true though,  as long as the drone is warm you can fly in sub zero at least until it cools down.

2021-9-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why bother with the Mini 3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just wait for the mini 4, or 5, or 6,  or.......................

There will always be something better or newer around the next page on the calendar.  I would bet the likes of DJI are working on the next generation of drone before the pending one is even released.

Personally I wait for the 'must-havers' to move on to their next "must-have" and sell off their old, now 'rubbish', "must-have". Then I might consider buying  their second hand "must-have" at considerably less than the original asking price IF and ONLY IF it offers some significant advantage over my existing item.

Just look at the second hand prices of Mavic Mini's, they are still a perfectly serviceably drone.........or watch the likes of ebay for badly advertised Mini 2.  
2021-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-22 09:44
Points make prizes, posts get points, change those points into DJI credits.

Exchange For DJI Credit

And in 600 years you’ll have enough points to buy a new smart controller
2021-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EDIT:

So would you ignore the hundreds who came here for help and these members who gave up their time to help them selfishly , while you may only see frivolously posting which you have decided to be some conscientious objector like TP-FPV who only ever posts 100% negative comments on stuff he doesn’t like or agree with. Frankly its TP-FPV WHOS comments on this forum are designed to be truly negative when it comes to anything to do with drones .

And I think you’ll find you tubers are quite happy that their videos are posted here as it increases their views, many of them cut their teeth on this forum but have flown the coup for bigger things.
2021-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pinarek Posted at 9-16 15:03
The biggest problem is that NO DJI drone can fly more than 31 minutes.

I would have long since bought a large drone weighing more than 1 kilogram, with a much better 1 inch camera chip,

And don’t forget your car, probably advertised to get 54mpg but lucky to get 44mpg, battery in your garden trimmer advertised as 50m only get 40m etc etc etc…..
2021-9-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-27 10:33
So would you ignore the hundreds who came here for help and these members who gave up their time to help them selfishly , while you may only see frivolously posting which you have decided to be some conscientious objector like TP-FPV who only ever posts 100% negative comments on stuff he doesn’t like or agree with. Frankly its TP-FPV WHOS comments on this forum are designed to be truly negative when it comes to anything to do with drones .

And I think you’ll find you tubers are quite happy that their videos are posted here as it increases their views, many of them cut their teeth on this forum but have flown the coup for bigger things.

Oh good you're alive, I thought the vid might of gotten you when this forum wasn't filled with your nonsense on the regular, glad to have you back m8.

2021-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-27 09:53
Why bother with the Mini 3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just wait for the mini 4, or 5, or 6,  or.......................

There will always be something better or newer around the next page on the calendar.  I would bet the likes of DJI are working on the next generation of drone before the pending one is even released.

I wish that was always true,   Im trying to find a second hand camera at the moment and Ive been watching ebay for months and Ive yet to come up with a good quality one at a sensible price.
2021-9-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 23:31
I wish that was always true,   Im trying to find a second hand camera at the moment and Ive been watching ebay for months and Ive yet to come up with a good quality one at a sensible price.

Try searching for stupid mistakes in the listing title etc. based around what you are after.
2021-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-27 17:56
Oh good you're alive, I thought the vid might of gotten you when this forum wasn't filled with your nonsense on the regular, glad to have you back m8.

Well first look at the utter rubbish you post yourself, You seem to have a infinity for all the profits of doom around here.
You're not adverse to the "thank you" post yourself M8
2021-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arpettaz Posted at 9-30 11:13
Autel have just announced a new line up of sub-250g drones. Very exciting.

The main reason I have a drone is for aerial photography.   The Mini 2 only takes 12 megapixel photos whereas the new Autel drone takes 50 megapixel photos.

I think I'll wait for the Mini 3 before I decide that,   the price on the Autel was a bit high I thought.
2021-9-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules