1042 4 2015-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I am finding video filming tricky due to yaw sensitivity. I have decreased the gain to 100% so far but feel this has made little difference. If I try to trim the yaw whilst filming I find it snatches tending to ruin my film. This could well be finger trouble but, has anyone found an optimum setting for the yaw gain which I assume will help to correct this?

THanks

2015-7-28
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The basic yaw gain has no effect on the sticks, its only for the flight computer.
My advice would be to leave the gains at their default settings and learn to be more delicate with the controls.
2015-7-28
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Have you calibrated the IMU and the RC sticks yet.?  Those give you the stability and proper hover. Also make sure you have 6+ satellites and are in the GPS mode. If this items are correct she should be stead an not drift when hovering. Calibrations are the key.
2015-7-29
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-7-29 18:26
Have you calibrated the IMU and the RC sticks yet.?  Those give you the stability and proper hover.  ...

HI thanks for both responses. I haven't calibrated them they are as they were out of the box. Stability and other controls are not the problem really, just extremely, indeed I would say, over sensitive to yaw hence my query.I acknowledge the gain will not directly affect the sticks, rather the flight computer, however, i thought that by reducing the gain then the sticks would have to be moved more to get the same control movement. still learning!
2015-7-29
Use props
ceilingtilemake
lvl.2

United States

aeroglenltd@aol Posted at 2015-7-29 19:03
HI thanks for both responses. I haven't calibrated them they are as they were out of the box. Stab ...

I got the same fingers that make the video jumpy also. If you upload to YouTube you can stabilize the video using the enhancements. It does affect the clarity of the video but not so much that you wouldn't still be proud of your work.
2015-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules