12Next >
1123 41 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Flew my Mini 2 locally this morning and as usual,  I waited for the voice message "The homepoint etcetc.....check it on the map".
I did so and it was correct. Flight went without a hitch and I manually flew home to my takeoff point.

Having uploaded the data to the Airdata app I found that my homepoint is given on the map at over 1000 ft away!
This is the very first time that this has happened and I am glad that I did not have to use RTH for any reason.

Now, is this a fault in the drone equipment OR is it somehow a mistake in the Airdata information when viewed?
I guess the only way to check is to repeat the flight characteristics to see if it happens again!
2021-9-12
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

This issue, would explain the rash of fly-aways ... wouldn't it?  Good catch, will be interesting to find out why the software did that.
2021-9-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you used the flight data centre in the DJI Fly app and ran through your flight ? Is it different to Airdata or is also 1000ft different.
2021-9-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-12 08:53
Have you used the flight data centre in the DJI Fly app and ran through your flight ? Is it different to Airdata or is also 1000ft different.

Flight data centre in the fly app? I didn't know there was one. How do I access it?
2021-9-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 9-12 07:54
This issue, would explain the rash of fly-aways ... wouldn't it?  Good catch, will be interesting to find out why the software did that.

I don't know about flyaways, never experienced one and hope I never do!
What I intend to do is try and repeat exact flight course but at the moment a few thousand festival goers in the Glasgow Green prevent that.
It finishes tonight so will wat until it is safe and legal to do so.
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yogi053. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have used the Airdata can give out the best information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly application when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.
2021-9-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Now, is this a fault in the drone equipment OR is it somehow a mistake in the Airdata information when viewed?
I doubt there's any fault in your drone, your homepoint recording , or Airdata.

There will be a simple explanation for this.
If you post a link to your Airdata report, I'll find it for you.
2021-9-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-12 19:37
Hello there yogi053. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have used the Airdata can give out the best information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly application when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

Just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly application when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes.
He was using DJI Fly ... Airdata can't be used for flying the drone.
It's just for looking at the flight data after fthe flight.
2021-9-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-12 19:54
I doubt there's any fault in your drone, your homepoint recording , or Airdata.

Hi Labroides, I'm going to be a bit busy today. I have 3 fully charged batts for my Mini 2 and 5 fully charged for my MP2 so off out somewhere to fly the hell out of them.
2021-9-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 9-13 00:06
Hi Labroides, I'm going to be a bit busy today. I have 3 fully charged batts for my Mini 2 and 5 fully charged for my MP2 so off out somewhere to fly the hell out of them.

To post your flight data ...
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

2021-9-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-13 03:18
To post your flight data ...
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.

Here's hoping this works.      DJIFlightRecord_2021-09-12_[07-41-45] (1)
2021-9-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

yogi053 Posted at 9-18 01:39
Here's hoping this works.      DJIFlightRecord_2021-09-12_[07-41-45] (1)

Hi,

Your link to your log is not a good link....

Post the uploaded link to the  PhantomHelp
Or put a cloud link to your log.

cheers
JJB
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 9-18 02:06
Hi,

Your link to your log is not a good link....

Cheers for your message JJB. Labroides has been helping me in the background with this matter and I have failed miserably in attempting to send him links to a couple of files of mine.
Will try again. (Failed in sending link to Labroides using phantom help as well)
Oh well! If at first you don't ................
2021-9-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

yogi053 Posted at 9-18 02:26
Cheers for your message JJB. Labroides has been helping me in the background with this matter and I have failed miserably in attempting to send him links to a couple of files of mine.
Will try again. (Failed in sending link to Labroides using phantom help as well)
Oh well! If at first you don't ................

oke, but after uploading to PH you get a copy link....
so if you just copy that link on here

Interested to se what happend to your HP
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 9-18 02:35
oke, but after uploading to PH you get a copy link....
so if you just copy that link on here

I did try that with Labroides as well but failed. I will try again.
2021-9-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

yogi053 Posted at 9-18 02:39
I did try that with Labroides as well but failed. I will try again.

oke  mayby put a cloud link to your flightlog.txt   Dropbox etc ?
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/6RVH3K3313O72ANTNZCL  Does this work?
2021-9-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes,

You started your flight with zero satellites.
at 8secs in flight - 5 sats (zero reception)
at 27secs - 10 sats with good enough reception quality to set a HP. (GPS icon in the flyapp turns from RED>AMBER>WHITE)

So first part of your flight in OPTI mode.

In the map chart the position of the recorded HP, was it really so far away from your take off position?

PS AFAIK : AirData CSV files does not have homepoint data in it, don`t know what they show for a value....
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-9-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Yes ... that works properly.

Having uploaded the data to the Airdata app I found that my homepoint is given on the map at over 1000 ft away!
This is the very first time that this has happened and I am glad that I did not have to use RTH for any reason.

It's interesting looking at that data.
Airdata has an unexplained mistake and shows a false distance from the homepoint.
But the actual data is correct, as shown by Phantomhelp.
Your homepoint was where you launched and RTH would have been safe to use.

I can't see any reason for Airdata's mistake.
Perhaps you could ask them to explain it.

Here's what the data looks like showing the time  when the homepoint is recorded.
Note the distance from home shaded green. Ai-1.jpg

Ph-2.jpg
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'm really really grateful for your posts ,Labroides and JJB. On the map my home point as marked by the yellow pin is exactly my takeoff point. Where I was totally confused was in the Airdata page showing my takeoff address being 1,000ft away from my existing home point and pinned takeoff point.

I realise my error in this flight as taking off without GPS. I thought, wrongly, that if you hear..."Your homepoint has been updated.....etc etc then you were cleared to start flying. My mistake and one which I will try to avoid in the future.
Again, thank you so much for your excellent assisstace. Just realised that I didn't pick up that message at time 28.4secs. I will look again at the flight in the Dji fly app, just to see exactly where the Mini 2 was at that time.
2021-9-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 9-18 05:58
I'm really really grateful for your posts ,Labroides and JJB. On the map my home point as marked by the yellow pin is exactly my takeoff point. Where I was totally confused was in the Airdata page showing my takeoff address being 1,000ft away from my existing home point and pinned takeoff point.

I realise my error in this flight as taking off without GPS. I thought, wrongly, that if you hear..."Your homepoint has been updated.....etc etc then you were cleared to start flying. My mistake and one which I will try to avoid in the future.

Just realised that I didn't pick up that message at time 28.4secs. I will look again at the flight in the Dji fly app, just to see exactly where the Mini 2 was at that time.
Although you launched before the home point was recorded, it didn't matter.
When the HP was recorded you had only lifted off and the drone was still 3ft above the launch point.
So your HP was correct and the data recorded by the app was correct.
The only issue was what Airdata displayed.
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just looked at whole flight in quick time and I did not fly any closer than say 200ft to the Airdata claimed takeoff point. The straight line flight between my actual takeoff/ homepoint to Airdata's takeoff point did not take place so I wonder why it shows that I did. CONFUSED? I certainly am!
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cheers Labroides. I understand now. I launched but didn't fly off at all until I got the Homepoint updated message audio. And, I don't remember hearing any other auio message throughout the flight.
Again my thanks to you and JJB for the info.
2021-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/2YS5YR0RXAMVXHKHI699/

Can someone look at this and analyse please?
Waiting to hear from Airdata re flight on 120921.
2021-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 9-19 05:45
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/2YS5YR0RXAMVXHKHI699/

Can someone look at this and analyse please?

Give us a clue.
What are we looking for?
2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 9-19 06:42
Give us a clue.
What are we looking for?

That is your job "captain". You always punish people for not having your knowledge. Hence prove you're the master, "captain" ...
2021-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 9-19 06:48
That is your job "captain". You always punish people for not having your knowledge. Hence prove you're the master, "captain" ...

You really are the turd in the punchbowl, dickhead.
When have you done anything to help any other members?
How many lost drones have you found for their owners?
How many flight incident mysteries have you solved?
Pssss off
2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 9-19 06:52
You really are the turd in the punchbowl, dickhead.
When have you done anything to help any other members?
How many lost drones have you found for their owners?

That answer was a surprise! I agree I do not have found any lost drones to this day. Thus you claim you are more worthy than I am! Nice "logic", "captain".

I will add that she is continuing to blame people who has not the equal intelligence as she has, not helping like she does!
2021-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 9-19 06:58
That answer was a surprise! I agree I do not have found any lost drones to this day. Thus you claim you are more worthy than I am! Nice "logic", "captain".

Pond scum is more worthy than you are.
2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 9-19 06:59

You seem very unhappy, "captain". How can I help you?
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry Labroides, I was away from the computer for a while.
What I wanted to know was, is it pilot error panicking at the end of the flight or did the drone keep landing when hands were off controls?
I know about the Motor blocked message but the propellers were all still attached at end of flight although one was stuck in another motor because leg was bent in.
2021-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

yogi053 Posted at 9-19 07:04
What I wanted to know was, is it pilot error panicking at the end of the flight or did the drone keep landing when hands were off controls?
I know about the Motor blocked message but the propellers were all still attached at end of flight although one was stuck in another motor because leg was bent in.

You actually trust her? Labroides? A self-righteous person who despise everyone but herself because she's the "captain"?
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There are many "Captains" on the forum. Labroides has helped me in the recent past when analysing points in recent flights. Can you give me one reason for NOT trusting the person?
2021-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 9-19 07:04
I know about the Motor blocked message but the propellers were all still attached at end of flight although one was stuck in another motor because leg was bent in.

You hovered at 83 ft for some time and then brought the drone down.
The crash happened at 7:55.5.
You were using full left stick down until just above the ground and that meant that the drone was descending at 1.8 metres/sec when it hit the ground.

I see a problem with your VPS sensors not detecting the ground.
They appear to have worked properly at the launch, but when you came back down into the range of the VPS sensors, they continued to indicate the drone was high up.
That would have prevented the drone from automatically avoiding the crash.
A crash was the unavoidable outcome of the downward velocity.
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I agree with your findings in so far as I did use left stick down but I reckon I had let go when the drone was still about 10ft up in the air.
The drone hit a metal bollard about 3ft high coming down and I think that was when the leg got bent in and the motor stuck and that propeller stuck in the other leg.
VPS Sensors did give wrong information and the IMU altitude is showing minus readings at the end. The stick controls of down and in were of my doing as the drone was upside down on the ground and still spinning.
That was my attempt at an emergency stop of motors.
Changed 4 propellers and drone will still hover and fly but my confidence has taken a blow. I might speak to Dji ref. a Care replacement as I have found 1 or 2 other problems such as no histogram being displayed and a Beeping sound after moving Gimbal control either by wheel or finger on display.
Thanks again for your input.
2021-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 9-19 07:32
I agree with your findings in so far as I did use left stick down but I reckon I had let go when the drone was still about 10ft up in the air.
The drone hit a metal bollard about 3ft high coming down and I think that was when the leg got bent in and the motor stuck and that propeller stuck in the other leg.
VPS Sensors did give wrong information and the IMU altitude is showing minus readings at the end. The stick controls of down and in were of my doing as the drone was upside down on the ground and still spinning.

VPS Sensors did give wrong information and the IMU altitude is showing minus readings at the end.
The VPS sensors were indicating 31 feet and never changed as you descended.
If there was nothing blocking their view, calibrating the VPS sensors might be worth trying.
It's common for the IMU sensor to show crazy numbers after a crash, that's the large negative altitude data.
Recalibrating the IMU would probably be a good idea after a knock like that.
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tried recalibrating IMU after replacing all propellers but cannot remember if I did that with propellers removed or if they had been already installed.
Waited for the IMU calibration to finish but no joy so switched down and since then I have flown the MP2 not very far though just enough over grass to see if it will hover and manoevre ok.
It does so, but with the issues in the other thread (Smart Controller settings) Still don't know if they are related.
2021-9-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-19 06:59

Ignore him. His type thrives on making insults and watching the reactions. Sad.
2021-9-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Still working on fixing some issues on MP2 but have managed to calibrate IMU with no problems encountered.
Drone will hover and manoeuvre ok but scared to take it too far from Home point just in case.
Will fly it soon though to try and check all menu selections where possible.
No word from Airdata yet.
2021-9-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Received word from Airdata. "If you launch the aircraft before a GPS lock is obtained, a rough estimate will be reported as the takeoff location. Looking at the Notifications tab, your home point wasn't updated until 28 seconds into your flight. To reiterate, the location reported up until 28 seconds into the flight was just a rough estimate of the drone's location"

Word for word reply from Airdata. So, I took off but hovered at that location until I got the "Homepoint has been ............message so the homepoint was established correctly but Airdata guessed it to be 1,000 ft away until it got the the notification at 28 secs.
Also, ref my MP2 problems, unit sent to Dji under Care Refresh programme.
2021-9-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules