Mavic Air 2 - Settings are not being remembered
461 4 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

I have an issue that for some reason i keep having to go in and set the settings. I have several times found I have to set these settings and I don't know why they are being reset.... is it a firmware issue that the settings are not being read and applied or does DJI just overwrite the damn settings because they don't bother to learn them from before the update?

In the fly app under safety - obstacle avoidance - Bypass -  I want to have obstacle avoidance to be set to bypass and keep this setting there.
  • Does this setting affect what how a drone returns to home?
  • If this setting does not affect how the RTH works then I don't care if it's s bypass or brake
  • If this setting does affect RTH then I need to know this so that I can make sure it stays in bypass.  I don't want to lose signal to the drone and it finds something and then hovers and then eventually sits down at the end of the battery life. - In other words if the bypass is needed to assist in the RTH instead of hovering this would pose a problem.
I do understand that in the RTH it will basically pop up to the height that RTH is set to and then do a straight line path back to me.  

In the fly app under safety - Advanced Safety settings - signal lost - Return to home
  • This is a setting that keeps being lost and I know I not want it changed, I want it to return to home
  • I could see maybe incorporating a time before it chooses to return to home.
If you lose signal I think it is important to have the option set as your preference because if you lose the signal by then it is too late to reset to what you want.

Hope this makes sense
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KryosChaos. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2021-9-12
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Sure... it is in the title but it is a Mavic Air 2
2021-9-13
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

I think DJI Stephen was asking what kind of "smart mobile device" are you running the Fly App on, not necessarily the drone type.  Like Samsung Galaxy S20 android, or iPhone 10 iOS.  Plus he will probably be asking what version of FLY APP did you switch from and what is the current version you are running.  On the RTH feature there is not just one answer there.  How RTH feature works depends on distance from home point, actions can vary.  Always still a good preflight safety check to scan all those setting before a flight, especially if there has been sometime between the previous flight.  I'm not saying like in between battery swaps when the mobile device and the RC and app are all left running.  I mean like a week or a day between flights when the Drone, RC and smart devices have all been powered down and disconnected.  it only takes about 30 seconds while the drone is waiting for home point update / cleared to take off, to scan the settings quickly just to be sure of no surprises.  
2021-9-14
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 9-14 08:01
I think DJI Stephen was asking what kind of "smart mobile device" are you running the Fly App on, not necessarily the drone type.  Like Samsung Galaxy S20 android, or iPhone 10 iOS.  Plus he will probably be asking what version of FLY APP did you switch from and what is the current version you are running.  On the RTH feature there is not just one answer there.  How RTH feature works depends on distance from home point, actions can vary.  Always still a good preflight safety check to scan all those setting before a flight, especially if there has been sometime between the previous flight.  I'm not saying like in between battery swaps when the mobile device and the RC and app are all left running.  I mean like a week or a day between flights when the Drone, RC and smart devices have all been powered down and disconnected.  it only takes about 30 seconds while the drone is waiting for home point update / cleared to take off, to scan the settings quickly just to be sure of no surprises.

You might be correct.... in my case is m running an iPhone 12pro max with the dji fly app
2021-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules