DJI Pocket Activation Locked out
3937 15 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iWeb
lvl.1

United States

Can someone please tell me how I can now activate the DJI Pocket 2.
It has timed out 5 times without activation, and now it is completely locked down.

I need to make a hard reset or something like that?
Any help here now would be greatly appreciated!

I can't believe I couldn't find anything online on how to resolve this issue.
Someone, please help with the resolution. How frustrating.
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, iWeb. Sorry for your inconvenience. May I confirm that whether you have tried to connect to your phone and activated on APP?  If not, please activate DJI Pocket 2 on APP to have a try.
2021-9-12
Use props
iWeb
lvl.1

United States

Hi there,
Yes, I have tried many times on both a new android Galaxy S21 and a new iPhone 12 Pro with the same result every time, nothing happens.
I also tried reinstalling the DJI Mimo app. as suggested, and still no changes.  I cannot access the phone touch screen at all or make any system changes, period.

I need to factory hard reset the Activation process, as it has locked me out after 5 attempts.
I am unable to activate the Pocket 2.

The DJI Pocket 2 does not load the App. or setup process.  I have tried the basic setup process many times over on multiple devices with no luck.

2021-9-13
Use props
iWeb
lvl.1

United States

I meant to say I cannot access the Pocket 2 touchscreen nothing happens when touched or swiped etc...  
The screen is locked and says,   (DJI Pocket not activated. Connect to phone and activate with DJI Mimo)
Touchscreen is locked does not move.
2021-9-13
Use props
iWeb
lvl.1

United States

Please just provide me with the method on how to reset or reactivate this device.  
The activation setup process locked me out!  It timed out 5 times and I can no longer activate the pocket 2.

And, Yes of course I used cell phones to try to activate the pocket 2.

But again, I have been locked out - due to the 5 time minimum attempt to activate setup.
Please advise me on how to reset the new account activation setup process!
2021-9-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have a thread of compatible and non-compatible phones at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 that also includes a section of troubleshooting tips in case the phone won't connect. Could those tips help you with the issue (see the first post)?

The Samsung Galaxy S21 is mentioned as working according to the information gathered by fellow forum members, but nobody has mentioned anything about the "basic" Pro version of iPhone 12, only the Max version of it has been mentioned, so not sure if that will work (though I do think it's likely to, as there have been no reports of iPhones not compatible with Pocket 2 so far).
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

03:12 talk about how to active pocket2
2021-9-16
Use props
rodrigob
New

France

How was this solved ?
I am stuck in same situation between an android device with micro-usb (and not adaptor at hand, in rural area with no shops around), and an android device with usb-c but that is locked to only install Google Store APKs; thus I cannot install there the DJI Mimo app.
Eventually I will get back to the city and get an USB adaptor, but for now zero photos of these holidays... (I brought the pocket 2 as an emergency after noticing that I forgot to pack my usual Ricoh camera; my phone does not provide usable photos so that is a no-go).

I thus join the hundreds of customers baffled to discover that a 200+ USD device does not work just because of whim of the device creators.
I understand the "please activate with mimo app" message, but why lock us out ?
You could just keep the nagging message and avoid locking out after 5 tries. What benefit does that give to the customers ?!

Also why is the DJI app not in the Google store ? Or at least a minimal version to activate the devices ?

I have never heard to a device that just would not work out of the box. Even worse the box had no warnings ("must enable before usage"), and instead indicated that the app was available on Google Play Store; which is not. I understand DJI makes great devices, but with the new user experience is just terrible.
2022-2-19
Use props
Zipster223
New

United States

S what is the solution for this? tech support was worthless
2022-7-13
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

rodrigob Posted at 2-19 14:18
How was this solved ?
I am stuck in same situation between an android device with micro-usb (and not adaptor at hand, in rural area with no shops around), and an android device with usb-c but that is locked to only install Google Store APKs; thus I cannot install there the DJI Mimo app.
Eventually I will get back to the city and get an USB adaptor, but for now zero photos of these holidays... (I brought the pocket 2 as an emergency after noticing that I forgot to pack my usual Ricoh camera; my phone does not provide usable photos so that is a no-go).

That's the problem at least with the pocket 2... I had a hard time to activate the pocket,  my phone was an micro-usb... I had to buy adapters, luckily my phone did the job... but some are not compatible... I was frustrated about how dji works... because no where in the box says you have to activate it,  and for me this is a scam... because they've hide information from possible buyers.

Some user is making a list with compatible and non compatible phone... have a look and see if yours on the list. If not, post about you're experiencing with your phone.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-235190-1-1.html

Hope it helps, or ask a friend to let you use is phone just to activate the camera.
2022-7-13
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Zipster223 Posted at 7-13 15:01
S what is the solution for this? tech support was worthless

The solution is to buy a new phone or ask someone to borrow your one just to activate... sad but true...
2022-7-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

On some instances, if you have a compatible tablet besides your phone, you could also possibly use that for activation. Keep that option in mind if you can't use your phone for it.

You can see a list of compatible tablets at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518

Good luck in your attempts to solve the problem!
2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_UupzHTNTBxjn
New

United Kingdom

I am in the same boat, just bought the pocket pro today and I am locked out as it failed 5 times to connect to my iphone with the adapter provided, thinking it may be faulty but can't see how to get activation complete now as can't reset the camera.  I am completely frustrated and can't find any help in DJI website!!!
2023-2-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_UupzHTNTBxjn Posted at 2-20 12:07
I am in the same boat, just bought the pocket pro today and I am locked out as it failed 5 times to connect to my iphone with the adapter provided, thinking it may be faulty but can't see how to get activation complete now as can't reset the camera.  I am completely frustrated and can't find any help in DJI website!!!

Are you talking about the original Osmo Pocket or the Pocket 2? For what I know, there hasn't been a "Pocket Pro" version released as of now. And what iPhone/iOS version are you using?

And have you checked my links in the above posts? Could there be something that could help you?
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_UupzHTNTBxjn Posted at 2-20 12:07

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. It seems that you've contacted our support team and are going to send the device back for further assistance. We will ask the corresponding team to send you the shipping label asap. Please pay attention to your email update.
2023-2-21
Use props
Paul824
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem it's a joke locked out tried on iPhone 14 and androotaking it back it's a joke
1-31 05:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules